MicRogue - Strategy Puzzle Game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JasonHPickering, Sep 14, 2013.

1. JasonHPickering

JasonHPickering Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Indie Developer
    US
    If you want a good idea this thread has some videos of me playing. I always die from stupid stuff, but I try to give a really good overview of the entire game.

2. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I am so looking forward to this one!!

3. JasonHPickering

Sep 21, 2011
    Indie Developer
    US
    So I ended up with a bit of enemies I just couldn't get finiahed for this in time. I want to add new content in the future but haven decided how best to add it. My options are:
    - just add new stuff and it's there automatically
    - add a menu where players can turn enemies on and off
    - bundle the stuff into "expansions" and let the player turn those on and off.

My main concern is adding new enemies and maybe people might not like them or they might make the game to hard. Like I could see myself adding an update that makes the tower taller. But would that be the best way for everyone? Like new players.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Have it done with new modes and have a leader board for each of them. I'm so excited for this!

5. JasonHPickering

Sep 21, 2011
    Indie Developer
    US
    Hey cool pepper,

We actually worked for a quite a while to see if we could add score and leaderboards, but it never really worked design wise. We tried everything from enemy death score, to speed, to adding coins to collect. We ended up dropping score because it always felt tacked on and pointless.

I do want to make a Roguelike that focuses on score at some point but it will need to be built from the ground up with that in mind.

6. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    When will this be released?

7. firstordergames

firstordergames Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Been watching this from afar for a while. Keep up the great work and the updates. You got a good thing going! :)

8. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Has this chess-like gameplay in this setting been done before? Because I really like it. Instead of harder enemies just getting higher numbers to overcome, they have a different moves/abilities which adds significant variety.

I saw how the dragon can move spot and then shoot fire, are there enemies that can move more than 1 square at a time? (akin to knights or bishops, etc.)

What does the title mean? I feel like the title should connote the core gameplay concept a little better.

9. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    #89 ghosty222, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    Do u still need beta testers? I would love to join that list if possible this game looks interesting n i love dungeon games :D

Edit: also if a dev said "Hey here is an expansion you can buy it for a dollar. In a month the expansion will be rolled into the game for free. think of the dollar as a donation to keep up development" that would be acceptable and new plus he was being honest from the start. I guess you can call it early access to the expasion. Works out either way

10. Eggroll Games

Eggroll Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    I'm all over this! Can't wait!

11. JasonHPickering

Sep 21, 2011
    Indie Developer
    US
    Well it's going through review now. Still waiting for it.

Madmaxmedia: all the characters move differently. There are fire guys who move two spaces and also ninjas who move similar to a knight in chess. And then there are other enemies that effect you if you are in line with them.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I hope it will be released this week. Any chance of that happening?

13. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    this game ever coming out?

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    its still in the Apple review process. It was submitted about 2 weeks ago.

15. lumarama

lumarama Well-Known Member

Any news? What about Android release?

16. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    There is no way this is still in review!?? What's the deal here?

17. JasonHPickering

Sep 21, 2011
    Indie Developer
    US
    This is still in review. There was some problems with Game Center ( which doesn't actually have) so it's still going through the review process. After we launch on iOS the plan is to go for an android release, but a different publisher will be handling that.