Universal MicroCells from Bootant [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bootant, Jun 30, 2012.

1. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman

MicroCells

MicroCells is a highly enjoyable game. Once you start, you won’t want to stop. The goal of the game is to clear the fiel…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    MicroCells is a highly enjoyable game. Once you start, you won’t want to stop. The goal of the game is to clear the field from cute microbes. Try it, and see how high you can score. You have to group six or more microbes of the same color together. Once the microbes are grouped, your score increases, and the grouped microbes disappear to make room for more maneuvers. After each turn, iPhone (or iPod) puts more microbes on the board and your task becomes more difficult. The game is over when the board completely fills up. MicroCells supports GameCenter and Retina graphics. Enjoy the game!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Puzzle
    Release:Jun 28, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

MicroCells is a highly enjoyable game. Once you start, you won’t want to stop. The goal of the game is to clear the field from cute microbes. Try it, and see how high you can score. You have to group six or more microbes of the same color together. Once the microbes are grouped, your score increases, and the grouped microbes disappear to make room for more maneuvers. After each turn, iPhone or iPad puts more microbes on the board and your task becomes more difficult. The game is over when the board completely fills up. MicroCells supports GameCenter and Retina graphics. Enjoy the game!

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Love the art style! Well done.

3. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    can we get an ingame vid?

4. bootant

Aug 30, 2008
    sure! i'll make a video

5. bootant

Aug 30, 2008
    Updated for iPhone 5

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I'm intrigued...;)

DBC

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Forgot about this one. Is there a vid on youtube?

8. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #8 Capricornman, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    This is quite a fine game!
    The fact that it runs smooth on IOS6 is a big plus
    The layout is clean and gets you playing very quickly which is great
    The game starts with three or so different microbes placed randomly on a playing field filled with many cells..your job is to move each microbe next to a similar microbe until you have groups of six and then they vanish
    As you progress more appear making for strategic moves an important part of getting a high score
    A very clever touch is the expressions on each character that goes from sad to happy when placed beside a match!
    The animation is smooth when your microbe moves there's a magical glowing trail behind him!
    One important thing to watch is that a microbe can only move to match itself when the way is clear and not blocked in
    Quite a solid effort here and a nice variation on a match game

9. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Ooh this game looks fun does it have any Game Center achievments?

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes 4 at the moment

11. KookiWooki

Sep 7, 2012
    Aww... That's not many. I hope it get's some more in the future since I like collecting achievments.

12. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    So, real quick impressions because I'm about to fall asleep...;)

Pluses: Both simpler and more challenging than I had originally assumed. When I say simpler, it's simple in the way there isn't a lot of extraneous crap flying around, which is good because...

It's also more challenging than I had thought it would be. It's not a simple match 3 or 4 or whatever, you actually have to strategize in order to do well, which is also good, and a pleasant surprise.

Animations are good. I like the germs themselves, and you can change the color of the backgrounds... nifty.:)

Minuses: Oddly, the big one for me is the sound, or lack thereof. Not sure if it's my phone, but it was a little odd to not have any sound at the main menu. There doesn't seem to be any BGM during gameplay either, which is a little odd for me personally. Not the end of the world obviously, but yeah.

I'll have to see what's what with the strategy part of the game, but at first blush, it's an interesting take on the matching genre.

That's it for now, I'll post more impressions when I've had a chance to mess around a bit more...

DBC

13. KookiWooki

Sep 7, 2012
    This game seems just like Flower Board but with cuter graphics.

14. bootant

Aug 30, 2008
    #14 bootant, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    this game is a copy of our game BeeCells which was released for iOS in July 2008:

BeeCells

Bootant LLC
    BeeCells is a highly enjoyable game. Once you start, you won’t want to stop. Try it, and see how high you can score. The…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    BeeCells is a highly enjoyable game. Once you start, you won’t want to stop. Try it, and see how high you can score. The goal is to group six or more balls of the same color together. Once the balls are grouped, your score increases, and the grouped balls disappear to make room for more maneuvers. After each turn, iPhone (or iPod) puts more balls on the board and your task becomes more difficult. The game is over when the board completely fills up. Full version of BeeCells has colorblind mode with fruits and flowers instead of balls. There are also different color skins. Enjoy the game!
    Information
    Seller:Bootant LLC
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 11, 2008
    Updated:Aug 21, 2013
    Version:1.3.6
    Size:7.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

15. bootant

Aug 30, 2008
  16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Microcells just went free for the first time and recently Bootant also released Microcells Plus, which is a dollar. Does anyone know the difference between the apps.

By the way, Microcells is a clever little matching game with cute graphics.