Universal Micro Machines (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008

I've sent you an invite as long as your gc username is same as TA

2. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    After you open a card-pack, you get an option for gifting spare parts.. You have a limit on how many you can gift a day and get one gem for gifting, plus you will be able to see who gifted you today..

3. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    It's on my signature. There is one more p.

4. mmohunt

mmohunt Active Member

May 19, 2016
    Engineer
    Berlin Friedenau
    Is it ptw game?

5. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Awesome game! Glad this micro madness is finally here!

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Ahh, thanks!

What are people's thoughts on buying packs with gold/money from the store that offers you 3 things every few hours? Better than to use diamonds or save gold and only use diamonds for packs?

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've been having pretty good luck buying pack every 50 diamonds saved. I've only bought one thing from the "pawn shop" a discounted pack :D

8. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Anyone else getting tier 2 vehicles matched with their tier 1 vehicles now??
    Why is a 142cc car being matched with our 75cc cars?? Wtf?

9. Mchart

Mchart Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    #49 Mchart, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Is it normal to be charged 10 gems every race? I'm a bit pissed off at this game right now because even if I choose "free" race the game charges me 10 gems with no notification.

I bought the starter pack, but once I'm out of gems I'll be uninstalling the game. Going through 10 gems every time I want to play is insane. The worst part is I didn't even notice it until I realized I had gone from 400 to 200 gems in a play session. That's only 20 races. The fact that the button says "free" but you get charged anyways means it's complete false advertisement

10. drmosh

drmosh New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Wales
    This takes me back to 1993, in the days of the Amiga...happy days indeed! :)

11. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Huh wut? Racing is free, it shouldn't charge you gems, at all. Are you absolutely sure? Aren't you buying boosts before a race starts? (with the timer which runs out in a few seconds)

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Not normal at all. Free means free. You're probably respwaning in middle of race at a cost of 5 diamonds per respawn...if it's purple you're spendinf diamonds. Only hit it when it's green

13. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well, I like the game a lot. It a bit of grinding, but no energy system makes it a lot of fun.

14. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Totally agree

15. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    My favorite game right now.. I could delete it today, and have gotten may $3.00's worth of fun, tenfold... But.. I doubt I will do that just yet.. Too many cool vehicles left to collect, and too many bite sized battles and races still left to finish..

16. Mchart

Mchart Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I'm an idiot. Yeah, I was hitting the purple respawn button during game. I didn't realize that cost 5 gems per.

17. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    The first race type you choose is free then every race after is 5 gems or watch an ad. All random races are free

18. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Is there artificial intelligence if there are no realtime multiplayer games available? Considering giving this one a chance again.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    So, no timer and no forced ADS?

20. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    No energy timers or forced ads, no. This game is really fun! If you spend about 20 to 30 bucks you will unlock most of the cars in just a couple weeks. You really need to play every day and do the missions though.

It takes a lot longer to actually upgrade the cars because the upgrade timers for the better cars can take three days or more, and each car can be upgraded four or five times. You can pay premium currency to do the upgrade instantly but the prices are crazy (10 or 20 bucks worth of gems).

I know that these kind of prices and IAP are not much liked, but I think that the gameplay here is easily worth the price of a full console release. Every car plays differently with different mods, and there are talent tree like choices for each one too. As long as you are willing to wait a bit you can unlock what you need for pretty cheap.