Universal Micro Breaker (by Raster Age)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 13, 2019.

1. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I just want to listen songs in my iPhone while playing this game

2. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Ah ok, I've misunderstood you :D
    I've just fixed this issue. The new version is waiting for the review and it should be available today.

L.Lawliet and solarnya like this.
  3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Tbh there are only 2 other brick breakers I can think of that are still available on iOS that I actually got into, Anodia and The Lost Shield. The former lacks relative touch, the latter has it, though movement is only side to side. However you can check out pretty much any decent iOS shmup to see how relative touch works. Infinibugs for example, which also just released, uses relative touch and includes a sensitivity setting, which is ideal.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Royce I still don’t understand what could be a better position to put your finger as it is now right below the paddle. Wherever else it’ll block your view. Also, in shmups the plane can usually reach the whole screen, in comparison to this game, you got a limited space for movement.

5. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @Royce thanks! I'll do some research.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #26 L.Lawliet, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Btw dev, have you considered just removing the energy meter completely if you buy unlimited energy? It seems like there's no need for the 99 gauge since it doesn't do anything but just sits on your screen permanently. Not a big deal but just a thought.

Also, relative touch is important to me since it would probably help me play better with one hand. I noticed right now I need two hands to play because I have to reach my thumb all the way to the edge of the opposite side of the screen and it's hard to do that stable one handed. With relative it I ideally wouldn't need to reach that far with my finger to get to the edge.

7. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Thanks, I didn't think about it, sounds like a good idea :)

I was wondering how the relative control should works, and it will be probably working on X axis only (sides), because the player might have difficulty in estimating the strength of the ball hit. But this is just my first though, I will need to do some prototyping and ask testers for their opinions.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I personally think this game needs relative touch more than other brick breakers BECAUSE it uses both the x and y axis. It’s uncomfortable moving up and down the screen especially. Movement is very much like a shmup.

So put me in the camp of wanting full relative touch for both x and y axis. Had bought the game because I thought that was what you were saying you would implement.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  9. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Any ideas how the AR works? Nothing happens when i use it.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    In the main menu you choose AR mode (the icon between the settings and achievements in the lower right corner). You allow using the camera and set the table on a flat surface. You can pan, zoom and rotate the virtual table to your likings. Once you’re satisfied, tap OK. Now whenever you hit play, you play in AR mode. To turn it off and go back to normal, just use the AR icon again and tap OFF in the upper right corner. If you have difficulty to set it up because of not very well lit room or surface, just tap reset (in upper left corner) to start the process again.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I personally don’t think it’s necessary in a game like this though I can see a few reasons why people would want it. First and foremost, if implemented with sensitivity options that allow your movements to be exaggerated by the paddle, or just that as the default setting, you could grasp an iPad with both hands on the sides toward the bottom and play with your thumb. Just moving your thumb around the bottom right or bottom left section of the screen would give you full control of your paddle across the entire screen (again see The Lost Shield, which has something like 1:2 relative touch, or Infinibugs which has a sensitivity slider and, being a centipede-like game, also has a similar range of player movement to Micro Breaker).

L.Lawliet likes this.
  12. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash @anthony78 @Royce
    Thanks for your thoughts, I'm going to test several variants of relative control, to find the most satisfactory result.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I finally beat the final boss and collected all stars to unlock Perfectionist achievement. I’m having a blast with this game! How y’all guys doing?;)

Attached Files:

14. Sladecut

Sladecut Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Male
    Good game, but want to control the thing(!?) without it being under my finger all the time very annoying!

15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Yep. Looking forward to a relative touch update!

16. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @Sladecut @anthony78
    Yep, I'm working on it, it should be available soon, right after the iCloud save update.

17. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Any update on if we’re getting relative touch?

18. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    I'm still working on the iCloud and fixing some bugs atm. I'll post an info as soon as the rt is ready.

19. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Hello, it took some time, but finally there is version 1.0.13 available with the relative touch.
    I've been prototyping various solutions, before choosing the current one. I've decided to add 5 levels of sensitivity to make it useful on various screen sizes and orientations. It works, although it is quite hard to get used to it :)
    Looking forward for your opinions.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Weird, the AppStore shows me as updated to the current version but in game it’s 1.0.12. Maybe I need to delete and reinstall.