Universal Micetopia (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Jan 27, 2021.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i can hardly play it with the buttons the way they are. Second they can be moved i'll be loving it but quite surprised no testers didnt flag this up

Sure it can be fixed, love the sound/music/images

2. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I enjoyed playing this game, but I don’t think many will.

If it was tested, I don’t think the testers actually seriously played through the whole game.. I completed the game this weekend, and I’ve encountered a slew of obvious and easily fixable issues.
    As it stands, it reminded me of a metroidvania type game of the 80s, The sacred armor of Antiriad. Loved that game but as it was common those days, it was not player friendly. Once you figure things out and learn the layout of the rooms by heart it starts to make sense, but I would say that is no longer considered acceptable from a relatively succesful publisher like Crescent Moon.
    Given the flow of the game’s story, I have this nagging feeling that the developer just gave up. Or... we’re playing an early build

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nice post Remember Sacred Armour a lot !!

I'm sure the issues will get fixed in another update (hope so)

4. Blue Steel

Blue Steel Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I’ve really enjoyed this game so far, particularly the theme of anthropomorphic mice. I even like the difficulty of some rooms, and have learned to just deal with the difficulty of virtual controls.

That said, there are some issues that would be easy fixes and some simple improvements that would really help.

Some bugs to address:

* Bow and Roll buttons are not changed with the controls transparency meter setting.

* Scrolling around the map is broken.

* Once you have 4 life, getting a 4th heart after being wounded does not show up until after you transition to a new room

* There are visual glitches on screen around the opening of portals to the village.

* There are odd things happening with conversations in game, such as dialog about not having found the bow even after finding the bow, and characters that seem to appear in the village even before being rescued.

Some Simple Improvements:

* It would be great if village portals, heart containers, and containers holding more arrows showed up on the map once they were discovered. It would make getting resupplied easier.

* Right now getting a 5 arrow pack at 95-98 arrows gives you no benefit (because you cannot hold all 5), but you should be pushed to the maximum of 99 arrows instead of staying at 95 (or whatever).

Thanks!

Solarclipse likes this.
  5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh all good now. You can now remap the controls

When you play, pause the game and you can drag the controls around. You cant enlarge the buttons but its great being able to move them slightly to your preferred playing style

Gonna play this a lot more now

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Definitely better. Would love checkpoints and a longer sword. But being able to move the down button out of the way and switching attack with jump makes a big difference.

7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The control is tolerable after the update. I prefer a d-pad or a joystick though.