Universal Metro 2033: Wars (by Tapstar Interactive Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jetveetlev, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Mmmmmm waffles.

2. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Always not in Switzerland...#

3. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Belgium either #

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Does anyone else feel like the difficulty spikes incredibly fast and very high after the first couple missions? It feels like it's trying to push me towards purchasing iaps but it doesn't have any so I'm kind of confused about how you advance in the game.

5. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    I haven't got very far yet but have played quite a lot- it reminds me a bit of Generation Of Chaos and XCOM EW- you have to play for a bit, get stuck, restart with new knowledge, get a bit further, restart - rather than a linear progression. IMO it's worth sticking with.

6. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #66 sobriquet, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Thanks for responding. Yeah I've already started over once and was thinking I probably needed to again. I've been utilizing multiple saves to try and prevent it but sometimes you don't realize something was a mistake until it's too late. Do you know of any guides or videos? I've searched but this game doesn't seem to have much of a footprint on the Internet.

7. Wicuicad

Wicuicad Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Waiting in the Russian AppStore...

8. lemessie

Jan 7, 2015
  9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    In the beginning u need to make sure u have enough food then bullets and also spend all your bullets before u are cleaned by the two assholes
    After that it's not that bad.

10. vilenurgle

vilenurgle Member

Mar 13, 2014
    None I'm a bum
    Ny ny
    Spoiler

After I get the first scientist I get spammed with rats and flora that have 240+ health this a bug? They destroy the outpost that you find him in and just every other turn I get attacked

11. lemessie

Jan 7, 2015
    OK this game never come to Switzerland #

12. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm dealing with the same problem. I'm strong enough to kill them all, as they are great for exp, but they just keep coming. The white flora keeps escaping injured and comes back with a new army every 2 turns. If I leave it alone, it wipes out all of my bases one by one.

This seems like a bug because it doesn't make sense to keep fighting battles like this.

I posted this on the game's Facebook page but no response in a few weeks. I've stopped playing this until it is resolved.

13. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I have started over 3 times along with saving every other turn or so and before battles. I just keep getting my butt handed to me. This particular issue with the supper strong plants (I also have level 10 giant rats that can spawn new plants. That's right, the rats spawn plants) has done me in a few times. I did realize after awhile that it only happens if you return to the station where they are made (where you found the scientist). I had removed the scientist from that location because I thought he would be useful in fights (he is not) and when I returned him I was attacked the next turn. I reloaded my save and did not return to that station and never got the super plants at all. I'm not sure what happens if you just leave the scientist in the station but maybe that counts as returning to the station after so many turns?

14. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Any update on this problem?

15. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #75 mzinn, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Did the update help the difficulty & economy as they state? I've been on the fence but ready to take the plunge.

Edit - Bought. Looking forward to playing it.

16. Yograj

Yograj Member

May 9, 2012
    Sadly it did not. It got even more difficult. I get attacked by a plant with 640+ health at the exact same location

17. metuj

metuj Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Difference between US and EU version

Does anyone know what is the difference between the version store in the US and EU store? In EU store is only free version, and there is possible to buy soldiers pack for 5,99 USD.

18. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I am so sad this isn't available in my country :( Wish I could play it! :(

19. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Anyone else notice this got pulled completely and another publisher runs it as freemium?

I think I paired full price too.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Yes i am playing it now! It's a better version than the first one. The original one is too slow for today's audience. They added some nice features to fasten the pace. Everything looks the same with exception u need internet to play