Universal Metro 2033: Wars (by Tapstar Interactive Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jetveetlev, Nov 19, 2015.

1. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Out worldwide? Imps? Ty!

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Looks like it just dropped on the US AppStore

3. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    I can confirm it is in the Australian app store. A bit on the expensive side - AUD$12.99
    Still deciding whether to buy it....

4. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Waiting on impressions on this one

5. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I can't find it...

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Out in the UK too.
    Looks like a cross between a lane battler and fall out tactics

7. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Can't find it in the Belgian store (yet?) :(

8. lemessie

Jan 7, 2015
    Not in Switzerland too... Maybe later today?

9. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    By the way I have played the two demos of 2033 on PS4. They are indeed interesting but I didn't bought any full version. It's like those post-apocalyptic games where have a different spooky atmosphere. They were different than the regular fps games which is a good thing. They were like survival horror fps games. This game is not a fps but it has somehow same atmosphere. It reminds me a little from xcom. I have not yet played it but judging from the video gameplay, it has some elements like xcom. Survival, fight, building stuff, gain extra abilities later on, research, etc. It has also great music !!
    I'm thinking of buying it when has a price drop but I believe €7 are not too much for this kind of experience. It seems that they have put a lot of effort on this and I like turn-based games ! It's also universal. :)

10. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Im quite shocked to see so many positive comments and people expecting this. Guys. Havey ou seen the gameplay video for this? Have you even read the books or played the games? Because, as a fan of the author and the games, I must say that this is completely awful and it renders the entire Metro universe void. Atmospehre - gone, story - gone, gameplay - stupidly altered. This is pretty insulting to the Metro fanbase. For this amount of money you can pretty much get a second hand copy of the other games or at least one of the books. I reccommend doing that, because to me this looks abysmal, epecially for a 7€ game. I really want it to be good, but seriously - look up gameplay. You cant seriously tell me that this looks good to you in any way, regardless of the franchise.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #31 Quoad, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Went for it.

First impressions - frankly bewildering tutorial, charging through a half dozen different processes in half a second flat.

Lots to get to grips with.

Lots to understand. Big (big!) map. Some sort of - currently confusing - diplomacy to get to grips with. Some sort of hiring and firing process, garrisons that are only visible on the strategic map (is this the same as the world map?), character biogs that basically tell you who's useful for what, but that were skipped past in the tutorial.

Lots, and lots, and lots of characters with a very wide variety of skills.

Appears to be the potential for persistent level ups / skills. Think I perma-deathed one of my electricians in the tutorial, too.

Have not been overwhelmed by the battles yet. Sort of bludging away with occasional skill uses (once I worked out how to find out what they are).

It is a bold price point. It does feel a bit rough around the edges (in terms of the tutorial, less so the gameplay). I'm currently a bit bewildered by it. But not uncurious.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Few dabblings later... It's not gentle :D Finally worked out squad management. Moved away a garrison (thinking I was doing so on the game's recommendation) and promptly lost a station. Have had one permadeath four game days / rounds in, and the battles certainly aren't pitched *too* soft.

Couple of crashes.

I think I like it. Abominable music tho (will probably play this over star hammers whilst the wife watches tv this evening, as id quite like to listen to star hammers, plz!).

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Have no experience with the Metro franchise, but I must say I'm rlly digging this so far. Takes a few to gather your bearings, but is a ton of fun in my humble. Like the music and atmosphere. No regrets here, but then again I pay 7.99 for my 7 shot lattes. Lol

14. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    #########

15. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Liking this so far. Menu system is a bit basic compared to, say, XCOM, with less bells and whistles, but good solid turn-based battles & atmospheric sound etc.

16. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I've been interested in this game back when it was first launched. When I first saw it, I wondered why I never heard about it before because it looked like a blockbuster. On the other hand, it also looks like it could be a dud. The lack of response/impressions lean me to the later.
    Is there anyone that can post impressions because I've had a hard time finding info about the game on the web.

17. lemessie

Jan 7, 2015
    Im still wainting for the launching in Switzerland :( !

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How is this compared to fallout

19. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    can you elaborate on this part? are you a fan of 4x in general?

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi Dev
    I think the interface needs to improve a bit.. Especially doing the battle. I have absolutely no idea what are those icons on the left which u can tap and they do certain things.. There's no information on that. Also before battle when we need to arrange the squad.. I can't remember who are who.. Tap to show their profile will certainly help a lot!!!