Universal Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale (by Eric Farraro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Aug 26, 2020.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I took a real punt on this one. I’m not a fan of this kind of thing at all, and 7 quid is a lot for something that I might not like but I’m so glad I did because I’m enjoying this enormously.

2. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Wow that’s quite a detailed reply.

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I tried using the screwdriver to replace goblin king's double attack action with sleep but it had no effect on him.
    Am I using the screwdriver incorrectly or is the king immune to it?

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Do you mean the tranquilliser? If so to use it you tap it and then tap it again as it has a kind of play button appear after first tapping it. You still get your turn and it stops 1 turn from the enemy, as for the king I can’t remember exactly but I’m pretty sure that’s who it’s meant for when they start dropping in that dungeon.

dukat111 likes this.
  5. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Yes, tranquilizer.
    Didn't notice the 2nd click to activate it. That was my furthest run and I lost because I didn't activate it. :)

Thanks very much!

ste86uk likes this.
  6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @dukat111 no problem, keep your eye out there are a few items activated that way including the healing potions which you can actual use during combat and it doesn’t use your turn up even if you use all the charges of it.

7. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    I definitely didn’t know you could remove tiles

I was wondering how that would work to unlock more tiles if I still have the weak ones

8. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    I played a few more games today.

It’s actually quite complex, I think you’ll need to play a bit to have a good feeling about what combination of skills and cards are efficient and which ones are not.

I played the mage and found it much easier to play than Bruno.

I played less than 10 games though so far ...

9. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Hullo again everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a while but decided to add my .02 on this gem. Got this 1st day and after the first couple runs I finally figured it out. I have beaten the game with everyone but Rose so far. Personally don’t like her BUT she has an ability that lets you destroy a blessing and destroy all enemies in row and column. Super OP to take out the later 20hp enemies if you can stack it right. I just need to try her out again I guess. I have beaten the New Game+1 (start with -2 HP) with the assassin chick Pretty easily. “Cull” is OP as well :)

My finished runs usually take 1-1/2 hours or so to finish which is meaty and bite-sized enough for me to enjoy. The difficulty isn’t too hard imo once you really understand the cards and uses of tiles/enemies. New Game +2 (cards cost 5 more gems from the shop) makes it a little more interesting. Anyone past NG2 yet?
    @slothwerks how many Ng’s are there?
    I really like that each character has its own unique set of cards as well!

I think the “chill” perk is one I grab every single time. It can do so much. It can give you an extra turn to do damage but importantly it can give you a chance to FLEE for free if they’re frozen. Some perks give you extra damage on first turn. Utilize that tactics. Hit/they freeze/flee/repeat. Have armor to take the initial hit to mitigate the First damage you take if needed. The assassin chick is brilliant with that strat since she can stealth on solitude.
    Overall very fun and enjoyable buddy. I personally wasn’t much of a fan of the first one but maybe just wasn’t the right time when I played it cause this is awesome!

Nice work sloth!

many questions let me know and I’ll try and help you out!

10. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I was totally addicted to the first meteorfall, till the devs tweaked all fun out of it.

For me the new title is overwhelming in so many ways and i dont really understand why. I mastered Slay the Spire with its synergies and won with all characters many times. I love complex rougelikes.

But meteorfall krumits tales doesnt click for me. Although i get the rules, most of the times i dont know what i have to do in the dungeon, what is good to buy in the shop, the diamond and gold system, too many different enemies introduced in too short time and why i dont see any growing interest in me to learn more about the gamemechanics and what makes a good card or deck.

Please dont hate me for the negative insight, i thought maybe this could also help the devs.

11. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    I can relate with obvisouly good games not clicking with me regarding Slay the Spire. So, I‘m completely the opposite :)

12. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    WHERE
    IS
    THE
    MONKEY
    :(
    Dum... da dum... da dum dum dum... dum... da dum... da dum dum dum dum dum

13. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Anyone try the new DLC character?
    Thoughts?

14. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Da Monkey!

I quite like them, though I'm only at Nukropolis in my first game and I do have some concerns about her weakness to bottom row enemies on high difficulty settings (such as when she starts with 1/2 hp). Muldorf was my favorite of the initials, she might compete with him for top slot if she stays this fun at high difficulty. I'm always looking to win a level using as few tiles as possible in order to maximize gem rewards, permanent upgradeable companion + traps with the trapper ability are quite good at getting you lots of effectiveness without expending tiles.

But, again, its early days. Will know more later.

15. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    How's the bottom row mechanic work?
    I noticed sometimes when enemies move to the bottom row they get a free attack, but only sometimes.

16. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Enemies get +2 damage when in the bottom row. It's pretty brutal, but she has a lot of ways to push enemies upwards.

17. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Currently on sale (£6.99 -> £4.99)

Makara Nou likes this.
  18. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    this game is really good, but omg really hard... i am at 0/20 with Bruno... 20 runs 20 fail !!

what i am missing :(

Attached Files:

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #59 Son of Anarchy, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Short answer, I see in your picture that all your runs are in normal mode, maybe you could try Explorer Mode?

I read somewhere that a lot of people found the game a bit too hard, so the developer added an option called Explorer Mode.

You might already know bout it, but just in case you didn’t; when you start a new run there are three options to choose from. Explorer Mode (at the bottom) is exactly the same as Standard Mode except you get to choose from 8 different modifiers that make the game easier. Everything else unlocks (levels, cards) the same as it would in Standard Mode. I used it a lot early on, and after awhile you won’t need it so much (it makes the game too easy) and can go back to playing as normal.

AltsKev likes this.
  20. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Yes thank, i see this but for me its like a cheat.

but since i cannot go after lev 8 maybe i need to try with some modifier