Universal Meteorfall: Journey (by Eric Farraro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 24, 2018.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Sick update dude ! =] keep up the awesome work

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ditto that. :D

3. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Been playing since the Beta. Best card game i have played since Solitairica. Exactly what i was looking for. Keep up the awesome work!

4. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Crashes at Blacksmith

Nice update. Definitely raises the challenge level.

One prob... it crashes pretty consistently at the Blacksmith while upgrading a card. iPhone 7, current iOS.

5. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

That doesn't sound great - do you get any sort of error message?

6. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    No, the sound just crackles for a brief second and then it crashes.

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    On my iPhoneX the new graphics layout makes everything look smaller, I actually preferred the old view when cards were much larger and easier to read

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Does it fit the whole iphone x screen?

9. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

Both versions fit the full screen. In the original version, the iPhone X version would cut off some UI - nothing critical to actually playing the game, but the general comment I got was that it felt too zoomed in/tight. In the next update, I moved the camera out, so that things fit better on the screen. I guess the trade off is that now the text feels a bit small. I could add both options I suppose :p

[​IMG]

10. hustlertwo

hustlertwo Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Great game, had four playthroughs and beaten it in two of them (Graybeard and Mischief). Good for quicker bursts of roguelike card combat than a Dream Quest playthrough.

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I have to admit I preferred the old version, it just felt bigger, chunkier, less space being wasted by the wood background.

12. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #172 Gambler, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Hi Eric,

great new ideas for the update but major bug since I’ve installed it: Crashes about every second time (directly to homescreen) when I upgrade the first card at the Blacksmith. Am able to continue the game after the crash ofc but often get other (more useless) options after the crash like shop and rest or treasure (with 50 gold in the bank) for example.

First I thought it only happens with the Observe card (cause happened two times in a row when I tried to upgrade it first with a Mischief run) but now it also happened with Bruno with two different cards. iPad Pro, newest iOS.

Edit: Already got 100 gold I can’t spend with my current Bruno playthrough due to crashes at Blacksmith every time (and not having the Blacksmith option after continue anymore).

Edit 2: 3rd Blacksmith visit (with even more gold) luckily didn’t crash.

13. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    How long does it take to finish one round? Is it a game that has a lot of text?
    If it is difficult to learn, I will consider the next opportunity. :p

14. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Don’t worry, the game is easy to learn and has simple but yet cleverly integrated mechanics. Also not much to read.

Take the plunge, it’s worth it!

15. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Thank you for letting me know! :)

16. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    The game keeps crashing when i am at the blacksmith. IOS user.

17. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

18. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Same here! Crashed not only at the blacksmith but had a few crashes here and there. The worst? Had 95 coins 14 rounds before the Lich and at the 14th round i found the blacksmith to upgrade 6-7 cards (major thing) to keep going. Had such a great deck and then before i can upgrade the game crashes and when i reopen it i am at round 13 lost the blacksmith and of course the ability to upgrade so the lich killed me when he had just 1 life! If i had upgraded my attacks at round 14 that would never happen.So Frustrating. Luckily i did not break my phone:p

19. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

The new update that should hopefully fix this issue is submitted to Apple. For now, I downgraded to Unity 2017.2, which doesn't have this problem. Once the latest patch is available for 2017.3.1 on Unity Cloud Build, I'll switch iOS back to 2017.3.

Not my favorite part of game dev, but it comes with the territory :p

20. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

If you (or others on the thread) who are having this issue would like to be added to the beta, please PM me. I could use a few new testers to help verify the fix once it's live on Test Flight.