Universal Meteorfall: Journey (by Eric Farraro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 24, 2018.

1. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Can´t wait for iPhone X native full screen update! :p:p:p

2. douggie

douggie New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Just bought is game. Not working on iPad Mini 1, can anybody conrifmthis or is it it because something else?

3. Peterplodocus

Peterplodocus Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Loving this game so far! It’s so easy to learn but there’s quite a lot of depth and variability to it.

Just wanted to highlight a bug I found though. I only had one health left and I played a card where I killed the enemy but also took one damage. The game simultaneously ended as though I had lost but also took me to the next battle! (Think I’ve added a screenshot!)
    I’ve come out the game and gone back in and it lets me continue from the next battle with full health and stamina!

Attached Files:

4. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Love the game. But I was just a bit underwhelmed by the difficulty/depth. Beat the game with all 4 classes in roughly 3 hours. I was hoping it would last a bit longer.

5. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

It's random, so it might just be bad luck. I'm opening to tweaking the distribution from pure random to be some kind of weighted random to make it 'feel' better, but I need to be a bit careful - having the player be able to access too many Temples would be problematic :p Perhaps I need some new event type gives you a small amount of gold or XP as a replacement for the Camping/Blacksmith/Shop, when they would be otherwise unusable.

6. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

I don't have a Mini 1 to test on. I did test on a Mini 2 and it worked OK there. What kind of issue are you seeing?

7. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

Yeah - I'm looking into some of these 'simultaneous death' bugs and will try to address in the next update.

8. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

That's pretty fast compared to most people, but stay tuned! I'll be working on content update after the initial bug fix releases. Also on the wishlist (assuming I can come up with a good design) is some kind of hard-mode or endless mode type challenge.

9. Samg21

Samg21 New Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Game Tip

Great game I’ve beat it a half dozen times so far. Here’s my trick:

Take mischief and don’t buy new cards for her. Only level up stamina and swipe for temple and blacksmith as often as possible. Remove all attack cards then poison cards and don’t pick up any cards. You’ll be left with stab/evicerate and any other cards that allow you to regain a turn. Level up evicerate, stab doesn’t matter if it’s leveled or not. This created a short deck - often times I can kill most enemies in 1 turn including the final boss if you get lucky. You will end up being able to swipe through a dozen or so cards and continue to get evicerate due to the shorter deck. This allows you to hit consecutive damages in one turn.

Great game overall!!!

10. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Yes please to the endless mode

11. douggie

douggie New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Thanks for replying. It shows the Unity screen, then a blank colored screen (grey-blue I believe) then it just crashes without a message (quits). I tried restarting my iPad, starting it again from the task manager (or whatever it is called) and freei g some space up, but no luck. Hope this is enough information.

12. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #72 Gambler, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Very cool game. Love the concept and the art.

I also think a hard mode would be a good idea though. Count me in with the people who arrived at and beat Uberlich on their very first playthrough (Greybeard, I usually always play mages first :) ) - For a Roguelike that seems a bit too quick.

Read just here other avatars/classes are a bit harder. No time for another game now but guess I'll find out later.

Aside from the difficulty issue a very intriguing and fun game. With a few tweaks to increase difficulty and/or a hard mode (not seeing an endless mode as solution to this though) I can see myself coming back to it a lot.

13. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

I'll go through the crash logs I've gotten this weekend and see if I can identify anything. I do preload a bunch of assets at startup - my best guess is some kind of issue where the device runs out of RAM. I'll see if I can make any optimizations here.

14. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

Seems like Greybeard may need some balancing :p I agree, it wasn't intended to be that easy. I have some kind of challenge/hard/endless mode high on my list. I'm still thinking about what it might look like, but that definitely seems to be the top suggestion.

15. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #75 Gambler, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Starting a Mischief playthrough now. Looking forward to the different playing style.

Anyway, I think it's amazing how active and responsive you're here on this forum, also not ignoring any potential issues. Some other devs could definitely learn a thing or two from you in this area ;)

Anxious to see what you'll come up with re balancing. :)

Edit: Mischief (Rogue) is definitely harder. Only reached 2nd world with her.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I appreciate how different in style spellcasting is in this game, I think being able to cast any power spell at no cost in stamina is a bit unbalanced compared to the other classes.

17. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #77 Gambler, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Well the original Dragon Age (PC, last good Bioware game imo) also had Mages way overpowered. Guess they're the favorite class of a lot of devs too ;)

18. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    What's the story with the bear paw?

Are we playing as a bear?

Is it the same bear that's one of the enemies?

19. Ancientmoon

Ancientmoon Active Member

Nov 18, 2016
    I saw the developer’s Twitter and I got an idea for feature wishlist here. My suggestion is adding a battle mage as a new player character who possesses both spell cards and physical cards and plays like the hybrid between Bruno and Greybread.

20. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

That's not really a good canon answer :p The artist conceived of the bear as a 'dealer', so that it would be you playing this game vs. the bear. However, the perspective from which the hand is drawn implies that it's your hand. So yeah, it's not really clear. I did name the bear 'Bramble' during development and there's one card named after him (Bramble's Fortitude) Although Bramble isn't in the game as a character, you do fight some other generic 'Bear Warriors' that look like him. He's one of my favorite character designs though, so I'm thinking about maybe adding him as a playable character or something in the future :)