Universal Meteorfall: Journey (by Eric Farraro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Another bug report:
    it seems some actions are just wrong, for instance, in an event I need to trade with devil, it says if I swipe right I got 1 more action per round, if I swipe left I lose 15 hp, I swipe right but I lose 15hp...?

Another example, I met a man who can copy my 1 card, I accepted (swiped) it but nothing happened.

My version is Zplay’s one, if it can help dev.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    No iphone x support not even close the game is obviously made for all other phones except iphone x as it is not even stretched to the corners of iphone x! Just bought it. To the dev. Is there any possibility of iphone X support? If not please let me know because i am going to ask for a refund asap. Seems like a really good game btw but for all iphone x users if you want the game to be played full screen stay away.

3. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Fun game. Haven't encountered any bugs on iPad pro 12.9

Lots of polish

However, please consider a hard mode since i already completed the game with Greybeard and have unlocked most of the cards for the other characters in a couple of hours of gameplay

4. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Loving the game, but already beaten it with the mage on my second try (first try was with the first character). don't know how long the game will keep me satisfied.

5. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Hi! I'm going to look into this. I'd worked with some people to fix some issues where content was cut off due to the narrow screen size, but it looks like full screen support wasn't enabled in the final version somehow. What's weird is I did get screenshots from some testers showing me issues where some UI elements rendered under the top 'bump'. Possible that something got mixed up in the release version, I'll look into it. Sorry for the issue!

6. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

Thanks! This is helpful. I'll add these bugs to my TODO list to address.

7. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

I'm honestly pretty impressed - during testing, many players found the same too hard and even I struggle to complete the run most of the time. That said, I've seen a few posts about this (the person above you posted the same) so I'll add a 'hard mode' and/or endless mode to the wishlist and see if I can come up with something that addresses your concern.

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!! Will wait for a fix then :D

9. Kahlan

Kahlan New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Greybeard was very easy for me to complete, Bruno seems more difficult.

10. calabash11

calabash11 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Awesome game, love the fresh art how it feels like a peppy mashup of Reigns & Miracle Merchant. Seems like a great beginning with loads of potential for expansion.
    My one burning request: I so want the music from the trailer/ad in the game! :)

11. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Uhm... not support for iPhone X screen took me from buyer to pass... :(

12. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    This belongs on the same shelf as Solitarica and anything from TinyTouchTales.

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  13. Ancientmoon

Ancientmoon Active Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Is there any plan to add more rpg elements? I mean I have already unlocked everything unlock-able with gems.

14. gon52

gon52 Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Game Crashing

My game keeps crashing on Android 5.1. It is as soon as the first battle starts with the tutorial telling me to swipe right to fight the monster. I reinstalled but same issue is still occurring. Is there any way I can help troubleshoot this? Was really excited to try this out.

15. res0nat0r

res0nat0r Member

Nov 27, 2012
    This is lots of fun and the graphics are fantastic. Congrats on a really fun game. :D

16. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

Working on this one! I'm hoping to resolve it this week. I think what happened is that I built the final version with a different version of Unity which I think wasn't new enough to include iPhone X support. This should be an easy one to resolve and I should be able to address it in the first update. Keep an eye out for the update - hopefully once that's out, you can take another look and see if it's still something you might be interested in.

17. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

I would like to add more unlockables like new cards, or possibly some passive bonuses. I'm a little bit on the fence in general, because I also don't want players to feel the game is too grindy. There was a whole debacle with Cuphead about whether you should punish players who just want to experience all the content without putting hours into the game. I do think the game unlocks are tuned to be easy right now. In some ways, I almost view it like an extended tutorial, where almost everyone can unlock the cards after a few hours.

That said, I'm the kind of player where I need a carrot (ie: unlockables) to keep playing, so I'll try and find some way to balance for both kinds of players.

18. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

Looking into this one this evening. It's happening across a pretty diverse set of OS versions and devices, though I literally never encountered it during beta testing. Looking at the crash logs, it seems it's happening at the Unity level (lower level than my own code), which is it making it pretty tough to debug. It's happening to enough people though where it's my top priority to figure out a fix. I do have a coworker who reproduced the issue, so I'm hoping to dig in more with him.

I really apologize for this - such is the nature of developing for Android :(

19. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Just add hats. Hats are always the solution. :D

20. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I beat the game with Greybeard on my very first try. I think there're some balance issues here, seeing I'm not the only one. I think Blinding Light might be the issue here - 50% avoid seems too OP.

Right now, consider the other characters "Hard Mode" - although I'll wait for iPhone X support to enjoy the experience more.