Universal Meteorfall: Journey (by Eric Farraro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 24, 2018.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Sure mr dev. I volunteer to beta. If you decide so let me know :)

2. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

New version of the app should fix the crash issue. It was reviewed within a few hours by Apple and should be rolling out now.

When I was testing the hard crash, I also found a race condition that sometimes causes the game to 'soft crash' (error message) after the Blacksmith - it happen you click too quickly on a card after closing another card. I spent a few hours today but couldn't solve it. I'll continue working on that one and roll it into the next patch.

3. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I am loving this game! Very happy woth the purchase. But a way to back out of choices on cards like meditate would be really appreciated. Game sometimes assumes I made a choice when I hadn't too.

4. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Any tips ? I find this game really hard

5. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

6. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #186 nyanpass, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    You can learn the rules easily, but it is difficult to master the game.;) I'm satisfied. Especially the character of the mischief is so cute! :p

7. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    So yeah, I am in love with the game, but it feels a little short on content. Which isn't a complaint, I definitely feel I got my money's worth. But the game feels like it could go on longer. It has the feel of FTL light - hope you survive long enough to get a build going, then see if you can avoid enough bad choices to make it to the final boss. This is a VERY good thing to me!

But it's like if FTL ended after the first 3 sectors. I've already 'won' with 2 of the characters.

I guess what I'm saying is this game is begging for more. And I'd be willing to pay for it if it's as good as this start is.

8. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Game Center Achievement bug back

FYI: the Game Center trophy bug appears to still be there. At least partly. I was able to get trophies for all the characters but Mischief. I just won as her but didn’t get the Achievement for some reason.

9. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

It's a tough balance for sure. I think an FTL run also takes like an hour, which I think is a bit long on mobile (at least how I'm normally playing) I am looking at adding a more difficult mode, though I haven't figured out yet what that will include, beyond beefing up the enemy decks.

10. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Whatever you do, you've got a new fan. I really do enjoy the game!

11. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

I'm looking to add a few more beta testers for the Necrodude update. If you're interested, please email me (superpeon1 at gmail) or DM me @slothwerks and let me know either your Apple or Google Play email so that I can add you. Looking to 5-10 new testers. Preference is given to people who have already played the game, since I'm primarily interested in feedback on a) how the new hero feels b) how some of the new balance changes feel.

12. MPerro

MPerro New Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Repeated crashes

This might just be a thing that only affects me, but one time I wondered what it would be like to lose the game, and a few tries later I got to the final fight, (I WAS using the Triple “Rusty Helm III” Combo break, so the 500+ block might have something to do with it.) but UberLich got the sixth “Doom” card, the app just froze and crashed. This has happened multiple times and the results have always been the same. Please advise. :(

13. MPerro

MPerro New Member

Mar 7, 2018
    I screenshotted when that happened to me too, and I think it is a fire shield thing. Unless goober can use fire shield and no one told me?

Attached Files:

14. slothwerks

Patreon Silver

The Globber one is odd to me - if you have any more info about what you were doing when that happened, it might help. The Uberlich one that you mentioned (500 armor lol) seems to be a pretty good lead. I'll take a look specifically at the Doom counter stuff - there may be some issue there. Sorry for the issues, and thanks for reporting!

15. Myrkul

Myrkul Active Member

Mar 13, 2018
    What is everyone favorite class?

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I finally beat the final monster and it’s an awesome feeling! I love this game and I am looking forward to the coming update.

17. DarayX

DarayX Active Member

Nov 13, 2017
    The update is out now. New necrodude looks fun, but I notice that all of my previous unlocks are gone and the diamond is set to zero...

18. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, The update has been made. :)

--------

NECRODUDE UPDATE

Full notes - http://meteorfall-game.com/patch_notes.txt
    Discuss - https://www.reddit.com/r/Meteorfall/

NEW
    - Added Muldorf, the Necrodude (new hero!)
    - Introduced shop 'bundles' - instead of random cards, cards will be selected from pre-defined bundles of complementary bundles
    - Level-up: Stamina upgrade removed and replaced with an 'upgrade a card for free' option

IMPROVEMENTS
    - Improved 'event selection' algorithm to prioritize more impactful events such as Blacksmith, Temple, and Shop (when usable by the player)

BALANCE
    - BRUNO: Removed 2x Attack from starting deck. Added 1x Intimidate, 1x Gut Punch
    - MISCHIEF: Removed 1x Spider Bite from starting deck. Added 1x Vagabond Boots
    - ROSE: -1 Holy Strike, +1 Flash Heal
    - Shop cost decreased
    - Temple frequency increased. Now costs 0/5/10/15/25 to remove a card. Can remove multiple cards in a single visit.
    - Many small tweaks to monster decks and bosses
    - HEMORRHAGE: Now adds 1 action when played
    - POISON: Now adds 1 action when played
    - SHADOWBURN: Now reads "Deal 3 damage. Gain 1 HP for each charge on this spell." (damage reduced slightly to compensate for the healing)
    - MEDITATE: now always grants an action, regardless of whether you have spells to recharge or not.

BUGS
    - Fixed various event/card reroll exploits
    - DOOM Fixed a crash related to the Doom card during the Uberlich encounter
    - Fixed an exploit that allowed players to re-roll events
    - Fixed a bug where players could sometimes upgrade a card beyond the max level (3)
    - Fixed a bug where the 'minion counter' for Muldorf was shown in the wrong spot for iPhone X users
    - FEAR: Fixed a bug where the effect only lasted on turn
    - PICKPOCKET: Will no longer generate a Mana Potion when the effect triggers

19. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I lost all of my progress too.

20. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    First off this is a great game that more people should be talking about!

I do think dailies would help with longevity, this has kept slay the spire interesting for me.

Also a hard mode maybe like Dungeon Maker where you can go from 1-10 and see the modifiers for each hard level.