iPad Meteor Blitz by Alley Labs (v1.6 - Retina Display)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Veratek, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    does this have a survival mode? if not, how much gameplay?

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #142 VeganTnT, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    Yup, Arcade and Survival modes :)

The arcade is pretty tough to get through in one go so there is plenty of replay value there

3. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
  4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am with Squirt Reynolds on this one. I think that the buttons are just right. They are visible and at the same time subtle enough not to distract from the gameplay. After a while you would know instinctively where these buttons are anyway. Increasing brightness on your iDevice may make the buttons more visible. If the devs decide to make them more defined, perhaps they could introduce a sliding bar that would allow players to finetune the appearance of the buttons to one's taste.

5. Alley Labs

Alley Labs Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the feedback, everyone! It's so nice to have the game out there, finally, for you guys to play and we're thrilled it sounds like you're enjoying it! :D

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    You guys were spot on, this game really is awesome!! How exactly does the multiplier work? Does it go up every time you pass a level or when you pass a level without taking damage??

Thanks for a great game!!

7. Alley Labs

Alley Labs Well-Known Member

The multiplier increases based on points. The higher the multiplier number, the more points it takes to reach the next multiplier level, with the highest being a 10x multiplier. Losing your shield does not reduce your multiplier, only dying does (which resets it to zero). So when you reach that 10x, keep that ship up and running as long as you can!

8. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    What makes this game different from other dual stick shooters?

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Better controls, faster action, more on-screen enemies/targets, bigger playing area, great graphics, great music, great sound effects, great weapons (especially the gravity gun), smooth framerate (doesn't even hiccup when you get an email, at least not on my 3GS). I could go on... I like Isotope and CS:One just fine -- this game is better.

10. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    If you read through this thread, or even the App description, you'll probably find your answer.

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Super Stardust HD in your pocket, fast load times, no sacrifices, AND it's only 2 bucks

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Something just nasty in this game, and surely part of the intended challenge, is that while you actually get a pretty big fair warning when a new baddy is spawning on the screen, I SWEAR this game tries as much as possible to spawn stuff ON YOU (kind of like Shockwave) so you really need to keep moving.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    No doubt. At the same time, a timely maneuver allows you take care of a whole lot of enemies just as they're landing on screen. Very, very satisfying...

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Think I'm gonna have to pass on this one... I've bought so many dual-stick shooters recently. SSHD was pretty much just PSN's answer to Gemonetry Wars, and the only thing that actually elevated it above other dual-stick shooters were the incredible graphics which don't really translate to iPhone, without those I thought the game was average... so I'm thinking I should at least finish Isotope before shelling out on another one of these.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Different folks, different strokes. For whatever it's worth, I think the graphics have "translated" extremely well to the iPhone platform -- in their "wow' factor, the way they integrate with gameplay, and the outstanding frame rate throughout. It makes Isotope and CS:One feel like very small games in comparison.

16. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    ...so I was playing arcade, was doing extremely well, active ranking said I was 1st, then the game crashes on me. First time it ever crashed and it would be when I was doing well, just my luck.

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I havent played that many dual stick shooters as I always had my problem with such onscreen controls. But whatever I`ve tried(nanofighter, CSone and a few more) this game out performs each and every one of them by leaps and bounds in all areas IMHO. Be it controls, grafix or the WOW factor.

This game is so polished, I think I wont be wrong if I say it`s one of the most impressive games in the AppStore right now. I seriously cant believe it`s their first game in AppStore :eek:

Not the one to be missed. Seriously give it a try as soon as you can. You have my 100% guarantee you wont be disappointed :D

18. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    @ALleyLabs please say you have a future iPhone project as you guys are my new favourite/best developers, and have produced the best dual sti- hell, the best shooter on the iPhone. :)

19. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    do you auto boost as you move?...I notice my speed varies wildly as a I move and it gives me a herky jerky feel to the movement of the ship like I'm gonna get whiplash, is there a setting to just have it move at a stead speed?

I've died several times now to suddenly accelerating in a direction I had only anticipated moving at my current speed into and its pretty frustrating as it gives me a real feeling of lack of control

20. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    Wow. I was hesitant to pick this up because I didn't really care for previous games in this genre, but wow. I'm having a *blast* with this. Controls are so *tight*. /agree with previous poster, give me more Alley Labs. And update this one sometime before Christmas & I promise to love you forever! (As evidenced by me purchasing your future products and not by renderance of intimate physical affection) /end disclaimer.