Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Bad ass. I am hoping Mikael keeps to his word about a new Opeth album next year too. And In Flames, though Jesper is out so I am frightened to see where that is going to go. *shivers*

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Nothin' can beat the Strato album for me next year, as they are one of my all time favourite bands. Except maybe if Arjen does something...

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I hear ya dude, that's how I am with Opeth and In Flames hahaha. I'm so excited for new albums! *claps hands*

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I'm waiting for Opeth too, but I'm not a fan of IF. The main difference between us is probably that you like Opeth partly because of the vocals, I like 'em despite them. : D

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I actually love both styles of vocals he does. Sure I enjoy the growling more but his clean vocals make me jealous. Wish I could sing like that... hahahah and to be able to sing so well and play guitar at the same time? I can barely do that, let alone be good at it. ahahahah

6. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I generally like clean vocals a lot more, too bad I suck at singing. Ironically, I can growl better. : D

BTW: you should check out Star One - Victims of the Modern Age album. Leaked today, ssimply amazing...

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #107 yourofl10, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    [removed]

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I can sing, I just think I am good. I have perfected my deep growling vocals for many years though. Coughed up a lot of blood to get it there. LOL Going to check out the album now. Can I find it on Filestube or what?

I love all these's bands' older albums. AILD's first 2 albums were great, the rest are meh. KSE's first 2 albums were great, Underoaths first 3 albums were great. Good stuff man.

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #109 yourofl10, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    [removed]

10. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Don't think you can, it's only on the better 'leaksites'.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    There are a lot of bands I like despite the vocals, but Mikael's are just awesome. The way I see it, the growling is basically acting, it's playing a demonic character in the song, and I don't know anyone else that can sound as demonic as he can :)

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Undoubtedly. For Underoath, anything until Define the Great Line was incredible (although the first two EP's with Dallas didn't really feel like the Underoath I knew... Maybe it was because I was used to more of the stuff off of They're Only Chasing Safety, although songs like Watch me Die and A Love So Pure blew my mind), KSE's stopped after As Daylight Dies. I'd say that TDWP's latest album, though, is undoubtedly their best. The Zombie EP was like nothing I'd listened to before... Crazy stuff.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #113 Booch138, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    I'll agree they have decent songs here and there after They're Only Chasing Safety, but that's where I drew the line. Kind of god... meh for me. lol and for KSE I just didn't like the newer singer. The other guy's voice was Raw and shitty and that's what I liked about it. They still have some good songs here and there though that I really like to jam on from time to time.

Yes he is quite the evil one. Believe it or not the first album I ever heard from them was "Damnation" and I just thought he had a kick ass voice. I fell in love with that album. Then I expanded to Blackwater Park and I was like... Is this the same band? LOL

Speaking of evil, Who here likes Cradle of Filth? :D

@Balu` I am now listening to VotMA!

14. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #114 BATTLE BORN, Oct 21, 2010
    some of my faves are...
    In Flames
    Unearth
    Darkest Hour
    As I Lay Dying
    DETHKLOK
    Gallows
    older death by stereo
    comeback kid
    Refused
    Propagandhi (commonly lumped as a "punk" band, but they're hugely influenced by progressive and thrash metal.) their newest album is amazing.

I caught the Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeath tour last night in vegas. what a sick lineup!

a few of my metal jams can be heard at battlebornmusic.com. Also on facebook and myspace. "stick to your guns" is probably the most metal track we have online. but you metal heads may appreciate the guitar work on the other tracks too. we've got a new guitar player since recording that album so we've got some cool dueling guitar stuff going on nowadays.

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Some of my favourite bands bolded there. Up there in my top tens really cept Propa, but I do like them a lot. Was a huge fan of them in High School.

Good shit man! I forgot about your band and stuff man. I am huge punk fan in addition to metal and when the 2 are blended it's always great. Keep up the good work man!

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Best Album hands down. Glad someone out there likes em too ^.^

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not as if you had a clue or anything :p

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #119 Booch138, Oct 21, 2010
    Nah I just thought you were and H.P. Lovecraft fan ^.^

haha jk

Edit: @Balu` listening to this new Star One album. It's f*cking fantastic!!! Digital Rain and Human See, Human Do being my favs so far.

20. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks dude. I haven't been around so much lately shamelessly promoting like always. last time I was active in the boards I think you were getting ready to become a father! TA is so huge now that I mostly just lurk.

as for propagandhi, those guys just get better and better with each album they put out. their newest album is almost a tribute to their heroes like Rush, Sacrifice, Voivod, Venom, etc.