Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yea, kind of weird that he does both this kind of stuff and did Strapping Young Lad. Meh, I guess that's why he's bipolar. >.<

Some progmetal now...

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Horse the Band are awesome, saw them on the Never Say Die tour last year or something. The Mechanical Hand is their best work I reckon, House of Boo being my favourite song.

Quite like The Blood Brothers too, not as much, but I'd listen to 'em.

...and obviously love SYL. R.I.P. :(

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I saw them with DragonForce back in 2006 (feels like such a long time ago now...) and they were hilarious. I had never heard of them before that. Hooked ever since. They had some random ass guy running across the stage screaming at everyone playing the triangle and shit. I'll never forget that. Never thought I could headbang and laugh at the same time so hard.

And yeah the Blood Brothers are actually really amazing if you into that kind of stuff. Never got to see em live before they split though =/

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That song was pretty awesome as well. I really like pretty much all your suggestions. Mostly bands I've never heard of of, or overlooked. And for that I thank you! /salute

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Thanks! : DDD
    Now, what style do you want?: D

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I need more Opera in my catalogue. lol

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I don't listen to that, but can compensate with some symphonic power metal. : D

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Opera metal is what I mean't hahahahaa same with symphonic power metal, Amberian Dawk is exactly what I am looking for. They are awesome.

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yay, great! Their new album came out yesterday. : D It features Jens Johansson also, idk on how many songs though.
    BTW: Do you like Jens' solo work?

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Oh nice! I'll have to check it out. Thats awesome too, and I have heard a little bit of Jens solo work but I don't own anything. I detest his work with Malmsteen though, as I am not a fan of Yngwie at all. I know you like him though, but I can't stand him LOL

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    He's an arrogant ass who repeats himself, but he's very skilled. : D

Unknown song this time. : D

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Elements pt.2 was great but I LOVED the first one. Like a lot. I mean more so than I usually like from Stratovarius. Good song non-the-less though.

Skilled Guitarist indeed, no doubt about that. But I do think it's the terrible arrogance that bothers me so much. Plus yeah all his music does kind of sound the same, and not in a good way >.>

I mean Jason Becker's shit all sounded similar, But I really like his work ^.^

13. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Meh, listen to the song. It's a bonus track, only one not written by Tolkki from the album. BTW: What's your call about Tolkki as a guitarist?: D

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I like his vocals more but he's a great guitarist =D

15. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    His vocals weren't bad, but Timo K. is a lot better I think.
    Speaking of Stratovarius... New album announced: http://stratovarius.com/frame.php?news=10164
    The cover is amazing!

16. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
    Nice, I grew up right down the road from those guys. A couple of the members used to have an apartment right behind the old North Hills mall, off of Six Forks Rd in Raleigh NC.

Good to know they're still around.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That's pretty cool you grew up near them. I live in AZ, and for some reason all the decent AZ Metal bands have the biggest most arrogant attitudes I've ever encountered. SO I could give a shit less if they got in a wreck.

Some of the more underground punk bands around here are really cool. I used to be in all types of band genrees when I played a lot, and got to meet some really cool dudes playing shows with them. Of all the genres of music, Punks are the friendliest, craziest, and throw the best f*ckin parties.

18. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    No replies for me? *cries*

BTW: Star One - Victims of the Modern Age is leaked! Yay!

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Shit I didn't even know you replied HAHAHAAH I just saw the other dude's post my bad.

That album art looks effin sick! And yeah Timo's is a hell of a lot better. I can't wait for the new album man, It's going to be awesome me thinks.

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yeah. Also a single coming next month. :)