Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    To be honest I think it just fell off and I know I was going through some shit at the time. Been a while. Lol no idea how it just completely died but even more insane than it came back. Never expected to see it again hahahaha. Many memories on this thing.

Honestly, if you want some broad suggestions... start from front to back of this thread. All of us chipped in with many many discoveries, mentions, both big and small from all sub genres of metal (as well as some laughs here and there). If you want me to suggest some more specific stuff, just kind of tell me some bands you're into and I'll loosely make some suggestions when I get a moment.

Kind of wanna go back re-read for nostslgia.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #5522 RHess00, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    I used to be a metal head in my teens and early twenties. Mostly mainstream stuff like Slayer, Ministry, Tool, Deicide, early Metalica. After I got married and had two great kids, I just can't get into it anymore. I have nothing to rage over. Damn contentment.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I can't relate, mate. I've been into all forms of music my whole life. For all reasons under the sun, including angsty teen years (though, truthfully I was more into Punk for those years, but still dabbled with metulz). Got married young, have a youngling who also enjoys all forms of music, but especially metal. Although I like all forms of metal, and he mainly likes metal with death growls and no singing hahaha.

I've been in bands, and have continuously listened to all forms of music. I will say my tastes in metal have evolved more to various subgenres over the years, but I've always been the biggest, and always will remain, the biggest Melodic Death Metal fan ever. I love it entirely too much.

4. haiduk

haiduk Member

Sep 18, 2013
    METAL
    the forest
    Evil black / death

\m/