Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roy1d_nld

roy1d_nld Member

Mar 3, 2012
    holland
    try sonata arctica

2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    My two reactions:

FACEPALM
    [​IMG]

2. You're trolling.
    [​IMG]

3. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    @Balu`
    Dunno how you receive thrash with prog elements, but this song is bleeding shreddy and delicious!!!

I'll shall shove this song down your ears! :D

4. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Wake up Balu`!

Just discovered BBE SonicMax Pro, a music player that's better (imo) than MyTunes and not a resource hog. You heard of it?

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Woke up.

Never heard of it, do you think it's worth a shot?

Also, that Vektor song was pretty good! :>

6. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I'll be sleeping in a few more hours :D

Eh I'm actually hanging on yes/no decision here - the technical aspects of the app is GREAT. There's only 6 dials to adjust and they are VERY surgical in achieving the desired effects. So technically, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the app.

However, sorting by artist lists all the artist's songs in alphabetical order, lack of 'genre' category and sorting every damn thing while taking 'The' into account just irritates me.

I'll totally pay the $5 for the app though, because it absolutely nails the technical aspects of its design. Bass notes and all the sound frequencies never sounded better (or clearer, as the app claims, which is true) with my headphones (that you also happen to have right?). Just some interface issues that's hard to ignore.

Didn't mean to write an essay but that app is so exciting and disappointing at the same time.
    -------------------------------------

Hm... :rolleyes: thrash metal... I'm starting to LOVE it!

Heard of God Forbid?

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Sounds interesting... Not sure if paying for it would be worth it - the "original" iPod app is more than enough for me. It doesn't sounds bad at all and the UI is better than any other. If there was a lite version of this, I'd try it, though.

And yeah, we do have the same headphones. And I love 'em!

I'm not that big of a fan of thrash metal, it's a bit too aggressive for my taste. Nonetheless, it can be fun when I'm in the mood for it.

Heard of them? Yup. Heard their music? Nope. Worth it?

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I was a bit skeptical at the app at first, but it just blew all my expectations for the app, and music in general out of the water.

This thing allows you to hear EVERY BLOODY DETAIL with clarity like you've never heard before. As the app description says, it 'restores' the lost frequencies of your songs when played through other apps so you can hear all the frequencies with clarity.

I do agree that it's quite 'enough' for a music player, but the app simply makes what you've taken for the granted even better.
    No lite version though :(.

Ha yeah, thrash can be ridiculously fun to listen to, even more fun than metalcore imo, since they're generally not as aggressive.

God Forbid is FUN TO THE EXTREME.

An hilarious interpretation of the song Force Fed:

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I'm still pretty skeptical. I mean, what you say sounds great, but I doubt they could really enchance the quality by that much, since the device has hardware limitations too. Though the hearing every detail stuff is interesting, since I tend to listen to music with lots of layers.
    I might get it when I have a bit more cash, but right now it seems like a waste. :x

I listened to the first two... and I think that calling them fun might be a terrible overstatement. :ĐĐ

10. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I understand your skepticism, I had the same feelings when I left it in my wish list for a week. Not going to force you but just saying, it will more likely than not surprise you.

:mad:
    W/E. Not like I enjoy most of your songs, guess that makes us equal? :p

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    #5291 Balu`, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    Well, then I guess waiting for a sale then picking it up seems like the right course of action :D

True, true, but you are slowly getting closer to my taste. :>
    Alsi, just to clarify, not fun doesn't mean not good or enjoyable, just that agressive music isn't fun for me.

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    :eek: I must not go down that destructive path!

I know :p. Care to share some more folk/symphonic/(epic) POWER with good guitar riffing and/or shredding? I'd also prefer melodic/soaring vocals, like Theocracy, Elvenking and Ancient Bards.

I feel like having more clean vocals in my collection.

13. LiamAtDevour

LiamAtDevour Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Co-founder/Programmer at Devour Games
    Brisbane, Australia.
    #5293 LiamAtDevour, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    Epic power metal with soaring, clean vocals and delicious shredding you say? Have a taste of some Empires Of Eden

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Hi guys,

Been a while since I hAve Posted on here. Kind of have been doing my own thing and hanging out with my son, and been lookin' for a job, so just been listening to music when I get spaRe time. I don't really lIsten to metaL much anymore though, or even it's various subgenre stuFf. Melodeath maybe like Once every so often, but yeah. Listening to a tOn of dubstep and eLectronica stuff, some latter day hip-hop and stuff. Kind of fitS my life style more these days. Hope everyone is doing okay!

15. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    @LiamAtDevour use [youtube ] the part after v= [/youtube ] to embed youtube videos.
    Thanks for the recommendation!!! Sounds great, wouldn't mind if it was faster/more aggressive though :D.

Equilibrium's Sagas is my highest ranked Symphonic Black album of all times. Nothing, and I mean nothing, have ever come close to achieving the same status as Sagas.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This doesn't sound like the Booch I know. Balu`, your opinion? :confused:

16. LiamAtDevour

LiamAtDevour Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Co-founder/Programmer at Devour Games
    Brisbane, Australia.
    Ahh thanks for that. I knew there were embedding tags but wasn't sure which ones on this forum.

Glad you liked them. I could definitely go some more aggressive EoE too. They're announcing a new album soon, so fingers crossed.

17. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    On the note of aggressiveness, Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony is my all time contender for aggressive symphonic black metal. Not as melodic as Sagas but definitely epic in its own right.

18. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I'll post some stuff later, though I see Liam helped you already.

@Boochy topic: check the date! :D

19. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    :confused:

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    April 1? You do have april fools' day over there, right?