Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #81 ChaosProdigy, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014

Emergency missions should be available at midnight EST same as daily login bonus. I personally paid to have world 1 all missions unlocked and same for world 2. It unlocks all missions and boss stages permanently so not sure how it works exactly if u didn't get all stage unlock.

As for units, I like 5-6 fast respawn units about 1-2 melee range and a nice mix of normal, long range and very long range units. In VS u want atleast one "heavy" unit like a tank so it stops enemy special Metal Slug attack - that attack can kill any unit under about 1200 hp just by walking through them but it explodes when it hits something bigger like a tank. Hope those tips help. A few replies back i shared my deck and about a page of replies back I got a extensive game guide- check those out.

2. Archimedes

Archimedes Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Freeing POWs?

What do I need to do to free pows? It just seems like luck to me. What am I missing?

3. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #83 ChaosProdigy, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    As you say it is all luck. You can free 1 or even two POW at a time even on your first try or it could take u 20+ games for one... Good news is the bonuses are cumulative and the only way to progress is to keep leveling your units, base and clearing 100% POWs to buff all your units and energy gains.

For example lvl 20 Sortie Base and some Sortie POW bonus and currently I'm at 471 Max Sortie. Same for the in game MSP currency, max MSP base upgrade and some MSP bonus from POW mission and for example i can get about 12,000 MSP per 15 Sortie, I'm not even max all yet. Similar gains from the VIP missions that add more AP per second, AP per kill, troop production speed, troop health and troop damage- all very important.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm almost positive that freeing POWs isn't random. I believe they're given for beating a level using the least amount of units as possible.

For example: Beat a 2 POW level with 2 soldiers, a sandbag and a Marco. Get no POWs. Then beat it with 1 soldier, 1 sandbag and 1 Marco. Get 1 of 2 POWs. Finally, beat it with 1 sandbag and 1 Marco and that unlocked the second POW.

This seems to be the case at least through the first two areas. Anybody able to confirm/disprove? It just seems like a really weird thing to leave up to random chance.

5. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Random is random man, I don't think your test is scientific with only 2 examples ;)
    I have most 100% POW on most maps so I can tell you from experience, it is random as heck. Sometimes I get 2 on first try other times it takes 20+ games for 1 POW

6. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #86 ChaosProdigy, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Wpr2011 awesome games, never lost so many games in a row! Nice deck.

Anyone figured out THE best mission in world 2 for MSP per Sortie point?

7. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Can u get everything without paying? Or do u pretty much have to do IAP if u want everything.

8. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    There is no pay wall. With time and gameplay you can get 100% of everything (pretty quickly too) - something like 2 weeks of playtime for defeating game and another 1-2 weeks to unlock and level up the troops u want. Probablly take u 3 months if u want every single troop but that's not logical, u will want about 10 main troops and don't worry too much about the rest.

9. limit2000

limit2000 Member

May 6, 2014
    Freeing POW is a time trial.
    You will free all POW if you can finish the level with a small amount of time

10. dokarun

dokarun New Member

May 5, 2014

I read your post, it's really helpful! But you got a lot of paid units... I'd like to know if there is one specific unit that is the best one...

11. ottbot

ottbot Well-Known Member

#91 ottbot, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
    Is it possible to complete the game (all 2 worlds) without buying any troops?

I haven't bought any and am stuck at Area 10 stage 3 of first world map. I've only upgraded home and used the free troops given.

12. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Yes it is I have beaten the game and haven't spent a cent. Your main problem is ap speed and ap buildup. Max those out and sandbag and also your laser and rocket troops and you should be golden

13. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    I took the deck i beat the game easily with (lots of fast spawn ranged troops of low cost) but in online PVP I lost decisively against a expensive very slow troops with high health. So there is definitely more than one way to play. As far as paid units go Jupiter King (about 20 replies back I posted pic ) seems like the Most OP unit I currently have. I faced the helicopter bomber unit and the UFO units - they seem strong but I can't comment because I don't have them yet.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    By 2 areas I mean the first 2 tiers of levels (all the levels I've 100% POW's so far). So 8 levels where I've consciously noticed how and why I wasn't getting the POWs, and upon subsequent replays, got them by using less units. (I've also since my post gotten the POWs on a couple levels in the 3rd area using the same strategy.)

I'm curious when you mention 20+ tries to unlock a POW, are you doing the exact same thing/exact same units each time?

I'm not saying it's NOT random and that you're wrong, just that I'm not fully convinced yet :)

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^^ I'm thinking it might be something like that...

Originally, I thought it might be time, so I'd try and find the right combination of units that could quickly plow through the enemy. This also resulted in me using less units, which could be why I started getting more POWs when I would try and beat the stage more efficiently.

Then again... it could just be the luck of the draw and it just so happens that I was destined to rescue those POWs during those runs.

16. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    I could have sworn in the tutorial it said POWs were randomly given based on a damage amount at the end of the stage. Levels where I obviously overpower the enemy I usually get the POWs where lvls I barely beat it I almost never get any.

17. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #97 ChaosProdigy, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Free POW feedback:

I think I found a seemingly sure way to save 1-2 POW. (Or maybe it's just dumb luck so far)

Works on easier maps, haven't tested impossibly hard ones
    1. Spam level up your AP speed (the girl with the backpack) keep spamming until enemies start attacking your base. Allow enemies to hit your base atleast a few times before going to step 2 below.
    2. Once your base is hit summon the below unit #6, then unit #5 then unit #8

3. When all 3 of your units are summoned- proceed to level your AP speed to MAX

4. Use Metal Slug Special attack as it is available always.

5. As your 3 units approach enemy base. Spam summon 1 of each unit #10,9,8,7,6,5.

6. Do not spend any further AP

Seems when I do the above with no mistakes i Nearly always get 1 POW.

Thing is I'm not sure what above steps or combination of steps is exactly the "key" so likely all stepa are not necessary: is it your base damaged use few units early, use metal slug always? Not sure but there it is. The above isn't 100% science so I feel it isn't an exploit so I'm sharing it. I'm usually over 5,000 AP at end and my 3 first units did most the killing and usually the killing blow on enemy base- not sure if it matters.

[​IMG]

18. ottbot

ottbot Well-Known Member

#98 ottbot, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
    For Laser and Rocket Troops, do you mean the ladies, Eri and Fio? Edit: Never mind, I manage to clear the Area after upgrading the 2 ladies as well as Marco and Tarma!

Thanks for the tips, bigghurt and ChaosProdigy.

19. Archimedes

Archimedes Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Vs...

Okay, so versus mode is useless until they implement a police as marking a "disconnect" as a loss. Every time I'm about to win, "connection to play is lost". People are such poor losers. Worse yet, I'm NOT a poor loser so right now I have a higher loss count than win while I've won far more. Anyone else getting fed up with this?

20. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Yes right now the multiplayer is seriously imbalanced matchmaking where someone who beat world 2 gets matched vs someone who did 1-2 missions on world 1... And the disconnects abuse is sad