Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    So...it's okay to get an advantage in online matchmaking when you pay for it, but if you fast forward the clock (which, if that was something the developers weren't aware of, they lack basic knowledge), you deserve to never play the game until you delete and reinstall it? P.S., it's perfectly legal, there surprisingly isn't any federal regulation against changing the date/time on your phone.

I, myself, haven't brought this unit into multiplayer battle. Should I? Who cares? I've paid about $20 for medals, and I still lose to players who have paid more (and just some players who are pretty good, whom I have respect for). There's people disconnecting from battles to avoid losing, there is terrible matchmaking, and the rewards are inconsistent...imo, there are worse problems right now. And it's not as if it's an invincible, overpowered unit. It's okay. Put away your pitchforks, please.

2. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    If anyone wants to play some multiplayer VS add chaosprodigy

I beat the first world and so since i unlocked ability to lvl up base from max lvl 10 to max lvl 20 it's been little or no challenge online so far. My stuff is all around lvl 12-14ish

3. ottbot

ottbot Well-Known Member

#63 ottbot, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Again I met someone with all the daily login units unlocked including War Elephant, same story - I'm about to win and they disconnect.

Hope this gets patched soon. It would be nice to get some developer reply here. Many small developers give alot of community feedback, you would think a big company like SNK can spare a minute of their time to talk to us..?

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I had the same thing happen a little bit ago. Then I played a person that had EVERY boss in his lineup. The huge robot, the hard hat looking thing, and a bunch of others I havnt seen yet. Lol, I didn't stand a chance.

6. spidyboy

spidyboy Member

Apr 6, 2012
    well i need help.. how do i release the POW??
    does it come with special quest or something??

7. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    They're just rewarded randomly on completion. May get none, or one, or sometimes I've gotten two.

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    When you finish a match, the POWs will be tied up at the end screen. If one (or more) stand up, that means that POW has been released. When all POWs are released for that level, there will be a little star in the bottom corner of they level in the world map.

9. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Well put. It seems to be pretty random: i got 1-2 max even on first try but other maps sometimes took 10-20+ tries for one POW!

10. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #70 Emuchu, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    On Multiplayer Decks

So I just got past what I *think* is the first half of the game:

Beating the last stage of World #1 and unlocking World #2 as well as an increased leveling limit--DANG is there a lot of game in here!

And I'm starting to experiment in Wi-Fi Versus. So I want to ask all of you guys what decks/strategy you're all running, and what specific units you're having success with (so I know what store units are worth spending my medals on)!

Here's mine:

Shielded Soldier
    Tarma
    Eri
    Fio
    3-Ton Utility Truck
    SV-001

I replaced good ol' reliable Sandbag pretty quickly, it just doesn't seem as useful as it used to be once I progressed a little in the game. The Shielded Soldier is pretty great, though. His special is an invulnerable shield advance that lasts for about a second and can tank even boss AOE lasers!

The MS protagonists are pretty self-explanatory spam units. Tarma's shotgun is really handy for attacking clumped opponents behind a Shielded Soldier, but he tends to get too close to the enemy's front line and dies quickly, so I always have to spawn him together with a Shield guy. Eri and Fio compliment each other well with their Laser (multi-target) and Rocket Launcher (single-target) special weapons. I used to bring Marco, but I like not having to scroll my units, and Marco's Heavy Machine Gun is so vanilla that I have trouble telling if it's really helping me.

If I can earn some space, I'll set up as many 3-Ton Trucks as I can to spawn crazed sword dudes. They usually die before they do anything, but... infinitely spawning meat shields help my Shield dudes keep bullets away from the other three.

And the SV-001... It's the Big Tank. If I can get these out before the other guy does, that usually means I win. And vice versa. So sometimes I'll do something a little silly and spawn one of these tanks early instead of spamming AP upgrades, if my opponent is too quiet. Gets thrashed by those dang crabs, though.

My general strategy is: two AP upgrades, spawn Tarma if they send a single guy early, and then cycle through upgrades, Shields, and Protagonists as quickly as I can. If the fighting moves to the center of the map, spawn Trucks, and if I can afford any Tanks, it's usually a good idea.

I'm currently at 28-1, but a lot of people disconnect, and honestly? There's no match-making to speak of, and it's freaking impossible to fight someone who's further in the game than you are, so I can't take much pride in beating the multitude of new players who enter Versus with Soldier / Sandbag / Marco, or the basic Soldier / Sandbag / Marco / Tarma / Eri / Fio / SV-001 setup.

Thoughts? I just earned the Camel, but I don't want to bring it into VS until I get it leveled
    And don't even get me started on leveling everyone else to 20
    . I'm also thinking about picking up Hyakutaro (my favorite running MS joke) and the Crabs (because they're awesome), but I don't get why there are three 400AP mega-crabs in the set.

11. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Add me on gamecenter, chaosprodigy. I'm finishing world 2 so I'm ahead of u on base and unit lvls most likely.

Biggest and best tip i can give you: get as many "fast" respawn troops, the ones that you can summon every few seconds. Your Tarma and other key characters are not very good because of slow respawn time. Once you are getting tons of AP per second you will find your units are too much on cooldown and you can't spend all your AP later on in game so it is very important to have a way to dump it all reliably. Having 1-3 high cost tanky units is Also important.

I don't mind sharing my deck, I don't think it is by any means the best- it's just decent until I can afford to buy some new units.

[​IMG]

12. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Lol WTF guys

World 2 unlock
    mission 10 South Africa unlock

Just Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ottbot

ottbot Well-Known Member

#73 ottbot, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    I figured out how to make a backup of your game to transfer your progress between devices for iOS. You need a program like iTools or iExplorer to browse your device directory. Your saved data is the entire App's "Documents" folder.

I successfully transferred mine by replacing that folder on another device. Not too sure about Android though, but it might be something similar.

Note: There is a store kit folder as well so IAP purchasers might want to copy those as well? The above steps are strictly for backup and transferring of game progress, your game progress will not sync between devices.

14. Evangeline Athena

Aug 18, 2012
    medal

earning medal is so hard :( will there be an easy way to earn medal in the future?

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea. After the first world, you win 100 medals and every so onften you win 10 or 20 medals for beating a level. Plus, you ward medals playing PVP.

16. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Beating world 2 also gives 100 medals :)
    Some maps give 10-30 medals and don't forget daily log in Medals

17. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Are there more than 2 worlds?

18. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    After you beat World 2, there is no further worlds.

19. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    To chaos prodigy or people who have beaten the game when do you permanently unlock emergency/boss stages? All I fight online now are people with boss decks

20. dokarun

dokarun New Member

May 5, 2014
    I'm really concerned about spending my hard earned medals... so, which unit/pack of units do you guys consider the absolute best?

Also, does anyone know if there is a fixed time for the emergency missions?