Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. smurfish

smurfish Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Anyone encountered download error at 30%?

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Have played for a while and I can't put down device until lunch.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Great job on the tips ChaosProdigy!

4. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    #44 TheRybka, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    So, here's a gift for you guys...

There's no in-game clock. It relies entirely on your iPhone's. If you want the special (red) missions, set your time to 12 (PM). If you want the daily login bonus, go nuts.

The only catch is that, once you finish the 30 days, it seems that you can no longer ever receive the daily login bonuses. Traveling back to the current, correct time carries no penalties.

Edit: one penalty. The game saves your last visit for energy regen, so going back to the normal time will trip that up. Can be remedied by visiting the future again. Not sure what effect the store-bought regenner has on this.

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Nice one.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Are you talking about when you first start the game up? I had that problem. I just reset my phone and that fixed it. Also, make sure you have a little space on your phone.

7. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Is that a bug that I did not get another unit after world 5&6 ?

8. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Completing the last stage of World 5 should give you the SV-001 Tank Unit.

Getting at least one P.O.W. from each of the stages will "free" Gimlet, but he doesn't join your roster as a unit, just gives you the Site HP Up improvement since you already earned a different unit.

I'm guessing that they didn't want to start "repeating" special weapons, or else you'd be able to have 2 or 3 different units with Shotguns, etc. Being able to spam particular combinations as a "rush" (because there would be little or no cooldown with multiple units) might be overpowering in certain combinations.

9. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #49 ChaosProdigy, May 3, 2014
    I would not recommend anyone try the below exploit about daily login. As an exploit that gives an unfair advantage SNK might hot fix it and it also might mess up the normal progression of the game in the future for you. The below mention of the exploit should be removed by the original poster. In general when you find a bug or exploit you send a PM to developers and not share it to the world.

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    How does one rescue POW?
    Is it random or is there some kind of strategy involved?

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Anyone that does any kinda "workaround" trick should at least do it at their own risk. Lol, I didn't do it cuz I'm the first one to complain about cheaters, so I'd be a hipocrite, but it IS a nice tip if your not planning on playing PVP.

12. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    #52 TheRybka, May 3, 2014
    Thanks for suggesting that I remove it, but I disagree on 3 grounds.
    1), the devs made a conscious decision to trust the device clock. This is exploited in other games, too.
    2), there is a cost to it, which I've noted in my post.
    3), good units and medals are difficult to obtain in this game, and the powerups are greedily priced. This exploit somewhat alleviates that. (I think about 40 medals are to be gained. It's not dramatic)
    And, a surprise bonus reason), this can only be done once. Also there's no permanent save option that I'm aware of, so at the risk of me losing $15 in IAP, it's nice to know that I won't have to additionally open the app daily for a month in case of data loss...

Also, I'd argue it's a cheat, not an exploit. Cheats are intentional (or known and unchanged) on part of the devs, exploits are unknown and patched ASAP.

13. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #53 ChaosProdigy, May 3, 2014
    We just agree to disagree.
    In general, it is ALWAYS considered bad form to post exploits to the general public. As I mentioned before, the normal procedure is to notify developers of anything like this so it can be patched as it should be.

Do not fool yourself, getting free instant MSP and Medals as well as unlocking units that would take you 9-30 days of religious daily login to unlock is in fact unfair gains and an exploit that gives you a unfair advantage in game and vs others.

Just because you believe Dev's intended this exploit to be abused does not make you right in any way. It is much more likely this game was rushed and this potential exploit was overlooked.

If you really wanted to share your feedback you could have worded your original post something like "I found a exploit that can unlock your 30 days of daily login in about 5 minutes if Developers are interested to patch it contact me by PM and if players are interested to try it send me a PM."

Finally your comment which you use as a justification "This is exploited in other games." - Really? Since when do two wrongs make a right. Lol

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA

Agreed. If a mod can step in that would be great.

15. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #55 ChaosProdigy, May 3, 2014
    Without calling any names faced a player who had the 30 days log in unit War Elefant which is impossible as the game is out only 3 days so the exploit below is being abused online pvp. That said I was still winning and before i could destroy his base he disconnected. What sort of person cheats to get ahead but force quits before they lose? They are obsessed with their win/loss ratio and rankings so they only care about defeating new players. How shameful. No respect for these players

16. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Which is why it'd be easy enough to patch at some point over the next week.

If a player has the War Elefant/Elephant in their inventory (which currently can't be done through any legal means), their MSP is converted to -500,000 and all Home and Unit options are dropped to Level 1. They won't get very far with a permanent half health restriction on all units.

Again, though, we'll never see it - some of the players who are willing to use exploits will also spend money on premium currency on top of that, so there's no advantage to the game makers to penalize people cheating the system.

17. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #57 ChaosProdigy, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    What is up with the leaderboards hacking? There is atleast 4 players with 99,999,999 score

Also players who keep disconnecting before they lose. Don't they realize they also get points for losing? Also nobody else can view your win/loss ratio so trying to keep your loss ratio down is lol

[​IMG]

18. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009

This is sadly common in many games, not just this one.

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. Like I said, it's been driving me crazy! It's just a huge waste of time on both players. I'm starting to remember some of the players names now, so when they pop up for a match against me, I just disconnect and try again. There are still a lot of honest players on there, but there's still a TON of these "disconnecting d-bags".

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    We need to all just do "friends match" when it starts getting bad. Anybody from TA can add me. My Gamecenter ID is NO3N. I promise, I won't disconnect. Lol