Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. TheSorRoW

TheSorRoW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Let's be honest guys, we all loved msd to the end.. It was the root of something great, but there's more to do in msa.. In msd after finishing all the maps , online was your pass time.. And wait in a new update every two weeks ..
    Msa you got guild raid, evolving your units, grinding for those parts, online battles, team battles, online one on one and two v two..

Innovation, game had to evolve at some point and it kind of stings after investing so much since day one that we know msd might become abandon ware .. Sadly but let's be realistic.. SNK's full focus will be on msa now and they might keep throwing updates for msd for a bit as of now.

We had a blast with msd, and remember without msd's success there wouldn't be a msa .. That's how huge the success was..

Once you get the hang of msa you really start to dig it that you barely have time to go back to msd, I legit spend like an hour or so on msa doing things and upgrading.. By the time there's nothing else to do I go to msd but already played a lot . so I raid alternate world big shie stage for the quick msp points .

Gotta thank snk for the revival of metal slug, and bringing back all those childhood memories and coins lost to the darn arcades and for sucking bad at first. For those pesky and kind of impossible hard to dodge swarm of bullets cursing at snk for making such a annoying and enjoyable silly difficulty.

Hopefully they work on an all new metal slug cannon series.. Seeing how fans really still have love for the metal slug series

2. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I can't get into MSA. And to be honest, the requirements of that game to have a constant internet connection suck.

3. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

3 Thursdays have gone by, no updates. Can we assume SNK will no longer be caring about this game?

4. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    I really hope that isn't the case. (The update part that is) the second anniversary is coming and I would be amazed if SNK would not update it on that day, or around that time period. Plus, seeing how MSA was basically created due to the popularity of MSD I think SNK would at least give it one last update. I believe if SNK were to update MSD for its anniversary, it would be the last update as well. •-•

5. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Pretty sad way to end the reign of such a successful game. It's successor turned out to be crap.

6. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Another Thursday, another non-update, yet the crappy successor gets one. Damn.

7. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Aside from pvp and random unit crank, MSA is better in every way. Give it a try, since they improved it quite a lot since the beginning.

8. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I got on my iPad and I probably will, but can't see it being better than MSD. The interface is so much more complicated.

9. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    RIP Metal Slug Defense?

:confused: Could this be it?

10. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I hope, I just hope, they have 1 final update. That's all I want. But they won't delete the game off the database or anything like that lol.

11. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    You'll be missed MSD.

In any case, what is your guys favorite unit that appeared in the game? Mine is Metal Rear :p

12. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I'd say Jupiter King (original), closely followed by Leona.

13. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

154mb bug fix update? Even updates with other things including bug fixes haven't been that big. Heck the entire app itself was less than 100mb. What gives?

14. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Ok... so it looks like now is the time to loosen up and spend all our medals on units. Are you guys going to buy anything?

15. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    I've been wanting to make a jungle deck. Thats about it for me :p

16. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Is there enough for that though? Who would it consist of?

17. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    The deck I created was meant to be fun to use and by no means is a competitive deck. Units are Native, Native (bird), utan, Anti-air craft (has leaves on it meaning in could be used in a jungle like environment), MV-280B (typical vehicle used for transportation in jungles), Donkey Slug (I feel like a donkey fits well in the type of animal that would be used as transportation in a jungle), Huge Ivy, Giant Caterpillar, Elephant Slug, and Sol Dae Rokker. :cool:

18. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

That's still a pretty good deck. You can even include the snails in there too :)

I went on a bit of a spending splurge myself. I bought Athena (good defensive unit when she applies her specialty), original Keesi (picture below), Big John, Green Hazmat Solider (Mummy grenades) and I can't think of it's name, but that thing with long legs that unleashes the hooks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

You can also use Huge Locust and Elephant (Battery) too :)

20. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    I replaced huge ivy for elephant slug (battery) :)