Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Not released yet :confused:

2. dubsman

dubsman Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Are you sure? I got an email to install it 3 days ago, also it doesn't say beta anymore... that's why I asked but maybe I'm confused

3. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

The event is damn ludacris. How many stupid coop games do we have to win simply for the sake of unlocking a new unit? One is too damn long let alone 5.

My goodness this game has turned to shit hard.

4. dubsman

dubsman Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I gave up after unlocking the superdevil and buying one, then I went into wifi vs like I always do, and oh surprise superdevil are just shit, I think I played about 25 games before I could charge one special, which was promptly interrupted and did nothing.

Now metal slug attack, they literally have like 5 different currency, think about it, and what it means, Korean MMOs are jealous of this much grind...

5. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Just unlock the Kraken and the twins. Forget about the rest.

6. TheSorRoW

TheSorRoW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Once we all get msa , and reach guild levels.. We should make on TFA team/ or something..

Msa feels kinda like starting msd from the start.. Upgrading base levels, and the gang over again.. Same old map order as well.. The upgrade system seems promising , along with that recharge special ability.. That crank/cat ticket system similar to battle cats is really annoying. But I guess it makes you work with what you got and find tactics.. Got slug armor .. But takes forever to build up for it .. Msa feels like chore and in my opinion I would had been better if they somewhat would had transferred our data from msd or at least the base upgrades.. Cuz starting all over makes me loose interest quick, and makes me want to go back to msd, and since I already played some msa I got bored and switch somewhere else or just stop playing period.. Plus those looong loading screens and forced online only is annoying.. In battle cats you can still play offline.

*sigh* I don't know if msa might be as successful as msd, we already invested a long time in it, specially the ones who got it since day one and the days where first to deploy Jupiter king would automatically win the match.. Its tedious starting from scratch in the same old maps and same old pattern.. It follows exactly msd's map system (world 1-2-3 & 4with the airplane laser thing , teksuyuki, something like that sorry for mispellimg it )

7. dubsman

dubsman Member

Dec 19, 2014
    #3507 dubsman, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    It's really annoying because of all the grind, there's no satisfaction because I've upgraded all of my units as far as I could (by the way the game doesn't explain this in depth) but they're still weak as shit, heroes still die from one or two grenades from a blue soldier. I unlocked wifi vs and guild but still feel so weak and unprepared like i said there's no satisfaction at all, I wanna like it but right now it's frustrating.

Oh and the unbearable load times

Oh and shameless guild plug is |ID 300 (lifted lvl requirement for now) it really helps you being in one

8. TheSorRoW

Nov 17, 2014
    This, so totally true.. Nothing is explained.. I'm looking at a BIG flame shot upgrade and am tempted to buy but I don't even know what it is. I don't even know what those toy rebel soldiers that spawn in the maps from time to time even mean.. And idk if what I think its PvP is against an AI ?, correct me if I'm wrong but if it is true then that's a big step back

He's right about the units being maximum and still weak, heck my units level 10(maximum when you barely starting just like msd, ) were obliterated by a couple chowmein congas (small crabs) really? I think the game needs some balancing , the AI using its special at this early stage? It makes the game somewhat impossible .. I remember in msd in world three when they began using specials, it added challenge, but if you were barely starting without upgrading base and troops to level 20 and freeing POWs you barely had a chance in world three (purple) same thing applies here.. Right of the bat they use specials, no something entirely bad but you still progressing and makes the game somewhat harder and frustrating to progress

9. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

In the new update, is the previous event still going?

10. Puke Pile

Puke Pile Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Yes, the co-op event is still going. There's three new units in the event shop and units from previous events are now available to buy as well like the snowmen heroes.

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Gosh this game has really hit the gutter - no one seems to care anymore lol.

12. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Yep, truly down the gutter. No one cares about this game at all anymore lol.

13. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    I care

14. TheSorRoW

Nov 17, 2014
    Let's be honest guys, we all loved msd to the end.. It was the root of something great, but there's more to do in msa.. In msd after finishing all the maps , online was your pass time.. And wait in a new update every two weeks ..
    Msa you got guild raid, evolving your units, grinding for those parts, online battles, team battles, online one on one and two v two..

Innovation, game had to evolve at some point and it kind of stings after investing so much since day one that we know msd might become abandon ware .. Sadly but let's be realistic.. SNK's full focus will be on msa now and they might keep throwing updates for msd for a bit as of now.

We had a blast with msd, and remember without msd's success there wouldn't be a msa .. That's how huge the success was..

Once you get the hang of msa you really start to dig it that you barely have time to go back to msd, I legit spend like an hour or so on msa doing things and upgrading.. By the time there's nothing else to do I go to msd but already played a lot . so I raid alternate world big shie stage for the quick msp points .

Gotta thank snk for the revival of metal slug, and bringing back all those childhood memories and coins lost to the darn arcades and for sucking bad at first. For those pesky and kind of impossible hard to dodge swarm of bullets cursing at snk for making such a annoying and enjoyable silly difficulty.

Hopefully they work on an all new metal slug cannon series.. Seeing how fans really still have love for the metal slug series

15. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I can't get into MSA. And to be honest, the requirements of that game to have a constant internet connection suck.

16. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

3 Thursdays have gone by, no updates. Can we assume SNK will no longer be caring about this game?

17. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    I really hope that isn't the case. (The update part that is) the second anniversary is coming and I would be amazed if SNK would not update it on that day, or around that time period. Plus, seeing how MSA was basically created due to the popularity of MSD I think SNK would at least give it one last update. I believe if SNK were to update MSD for its anniversary, it would be the last update as well. •-•

18. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Pretty sad way to end the reign of such a successful game. It's successor turned out to be crap.

19. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Another Thursday, another non-update, yet the crappy successor gets one. Damn.

20. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Aside from pvp and random unit crank, MSA is better in every way. Give it a try, since they improved it quite a lot since the beginning.