Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I've pretty much got everything I want from the shop. I've got the Wrath Allan and Sandmarine and picked clean all of the medals. I don't really care for any of the other useless stuff they've got for sale.

I'm also not very motivated to play this game anymore, I mean the regular missions just to build up my bank account. I'm just raiding them all now.

2. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    I'm not playing anymore.
    2200 wins, 500 losses.

This game gave me a lot of joy but it was getting too repetitive.

3. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

It turns out SNK changed their mind - the new update doesn't wipe your stars, or even close the event. It does, however, remove Christmas Phio / Eri from the store.

Rugal's added as a 999 AP boss. You've got to beat him by collecting an invite from the KOF stages in the alt world (POW style), and then taking him on in a 1vYourWholeTeam battle (like the Gigant). After accomplishing that he's available for 250 medals in the store (because 200+ medal units are again half price, and his "regular" cost is 500).

Purchased, he has about the same health pool as Wrath Allen. His fast-charging special attack allows him to actually reflect certain bullets back at the other side.

4. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Question: I assume we have to play the 'map' world to get the invites right? Is it just one invite we need or multiple? I've so far spent all my 690 sortie points and haven't got anything yet. Also how do we cash in our invite to challenge him?

5. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Invite drops like POW so it's random. Just quit out of a level and restart the game so you don't waste sortie points . I think the drop rate for the invite is higher in KOF-4 than KOF-1, but I could be wrong. After you get the invite a new level appears and you can fight the boss. You have one shot at him. If you loss, you have to get the invite again (but again you can quit/restart the level). As for the fight it's pretty insane. Dude has huge healh pool and deflects you attacks. Don't go unless you have ap max and a lot of boss units. Tip Don't use units that have pierce damage. For example I used elephant, he deflected the fire balls and they hit my base...kinda annoying.

6. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

The main trick to actually fighting him is to simply keep him away from your base. If he's not in range of it, he can't damage it, so you can't lose. You can't knock him back (unlike the version of him you get from the shop), but spamming weak units will mean he's always standing still to attack something and so he won't advance. White cats should do.

Sending out too many units he can reflect will just lead to him killing your whole stack, so don't do that unless you want him to take forever to die.

I hear tell it's possible to lodge a mummy behind him (using Hazmat Soldier), which presumably stops him from going forward at all.

7. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Oh so they can only be won on the Esaka stage! That explains why I haven't won any yet lol. I don't understand why SNK are making these new stages almost impossible to complete. Don't they read the comments and feedback che all give them? Like the last update wasn't an indication of where they went wrong. And this new one seems like a lazy update to me!

8. Slavko

Slavko New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    The prices will be down for how long?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who I should not have in my deck at this stage? I don't want the repelling attacks to affect me. So far this is my deck - please advise if you think I should remove anyone:

Leona, Mai, Iori, Wrath Allen, Elephant Slug (original, fireball), General Morden (original carpet bombing), Stone Turtle, Jupiter King Mk I, Jupiter King Mk II, Slug Gigant.

10. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    #3490 joseph1234, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    @fio.. try this units,
    sandbag(stalling early),3ton utility truck(once you installed 3 or 4 trucks rugal will be locked,also serves as meatshield for any bullet it reflects),elite arabian soldier(fast stall and cheap ap),the snow men(stalls too and cheap ap)..and a bunch of damagers..

i got a vid using free units only and their lvl ranges from 20-40

also based in your question,elephant slug and slug gigant are more prone to reflects in your deck

https://youtu.be/uNdDa3FN4qU

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for your tips Joseph - I will alter my 3rd deck to these changes.

I'm almost convinced I'm doing something wrong though... I keep playing Esaka stages but haven't yet got any invitation to take him on. How long did it take you before you first got it?

12. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    my first invitation drop came on kof stage 1,(5 tries)..
    2nd invitation dropped 1 day after, its probably on 5% chance i guess,

13. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

And just to confirm you're doing this on the Esaka stages for KOF correct?

14. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    #3494 joseph1234, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    yeah.. the one in the red world with the stage (F) icon on it (60 sorties)..
    btw i made a guide on the day i got it..6-7 days had past and it got 1.1k views already(so assuming many people doesnt got it yet), heres the link
    globalmetalslugdefense.blogspot.com/2016/01/getting-to-rugal.html?m=0
    edit: also as a sidenote, the invitation acts like pows..so you got to hit some places for it to drop in the stage..
    KoF stage 1 drops 5 items compared to the other stages(with 4),so theoreticaly kof stage 1 is preffered,but some people got them in other stages as well so its heavily lucked based

15. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link mate. I need to add Donald Morden back in my deck. I guess the carpet bomb of his will come in handy for this. Keep replaying stage 1 until I'm successful. Thanks Joseph :D

16. Brockolli3000

Brockolli3000 Member

Mar 11, 2015
    It took me at least 4-5 days for 2 Invitation drops. Its ridicolous.

17. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Sure is.

I finally got the invitation last night and managed to beat him in my first attempt... but the following 2 attempts since I lost lol.

Here is my advise (also thanks for Joseph for the Morden recommendation).

My deck:

Leona, Mai, Iori, Wrath Allan, Elephant Slug, General Morden, Stone Turtle, Jupiter King MkI, Jupiter King MkII, Slug Gigant

From my deck, DO NOT USE Leona, Mai of Elephant Slug. Leona, as a melee unit, gets killed straight away, and Mai and Elephant slug have their attacks repelled and sent back to work against us.

Units like J King I works well as he attacks from a distance and becomes a good shield. J King II also works well as a shield and his missile attacks does decent damage. Stone Turtle is ok. He acts as a good shield but being an up-close melee unit means he can die pretty quickly.

The Metal Slug attack is useless as it will go straight through him most of the time and not be of any effect.

My advice, use AP max from the start and have a mixture of strong melee units, shield units and units that have long range.

18. Yunododis

Yunododis New Member

Jan 22, 2016
    #3498 Yunododis, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Why not simply use root applications?

Why not use Lucky Patcher, GameKiller or SBGameHacker? As a Pay2Win game I didn't wait to use those applications. I see you all have imense trouble getting units, and if you all look at the 1v1 VS All Classes players they all got LVL 40 units and all PoW's unlocked. It's not because they farmed for hours and hours, it's because they use those kind of applications. Please stop wasting your time on a P2W game that doesn't have ANY kind of online backup. It means that if you lose your data u gotta restart from scratch. Please... just don't.

19. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    hey man, thats a choice..we know people use em on pvp but whats the point of a game if your gonna go the easy way.. some of us just enjoys it nonetheless. the only thing im pissed about in pvp are the blatant hackers ingame(mass produce units in seconds or endless msa).. if your gonna encourage the use of those medal hacking tools(root users/jailbreak access).. then just do too what i just mentioned(hack blatantly ingame), they go hand in hand(rooting/jailbreak has access to those)..
    but as i said thats choice, either you win or lose in pvp..
    also try helium(the only thing i know in android that can save datafiles in android).

20. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    First impression of msa

i did an article about MSA.. also for region blocked players.. i took the extra effort of uploading the apk of msa in there.. if you could find the link in theory it could work.. theres a japan exclusive game im playing occasionaly only and it can work in my area, i just got the apk in another site(not googleplay) so hopefully my msa apk will work too

http://globalmetalslugdefense.blogspot.com/2016/01/metal-slug-attack-open-beta-first.html?showComment=1453432289984&m=1#c8742649125930321694