Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #3461 mikmsd, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Hey!

I used to have the Red Ring Laser as my lowest-AP unit. Then boss-type ones. With benimaru buff, you need low-AP unit(s) to counter. If you don't know which one, get benimaru then.

The meta game changed for the better. Now most boss units take a while to build up so a winning deck is more balanced now.

My tips to get stars and money so you can upgrade to level 40 fast.

Money:
    Go to third map, last special map (red), stage 5 and click on raid. Having 690 sortie points, you can make a bunch of money fast. In one minute you can make 800k. You can pay 30 medals to recharge sortie if you want.

Stars:
    Go to the last stage on event (5-4) with Red Allen, Keesi (hi-do bombs don't attack it) and a bunch of 80-90AP units. Use the weak units non stop. Build the Keesi ASAP and Red Allen when the enemy army get closer to your base. If necessary, use the Keesi special.
    The hi-do bombs don't attack your base, so when your units are near the base they stay alive. I put a Big John when the enemies are getting closer. If you manage to put it there, it won't get attacked by the bombs.
    When I reach AP MAX and have enough units, I fast forward and put on AUTO. Each time I make around 50k stars. Play twice and you can buy one level 40 upgrade from the store.

2. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

You'll get more MSP raiding 1-6-4, in the alt world (Big Shiee). 1,400 MSP per sortie point versus 1,068.

3. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Mainly Iori as his special goes straight up and takes down the helicopters, wrath Allen as he has good HP, and Elephant as it has a rising fireball to take down air units. Apart from them, use some heavy units to withstand attacks, some small units to run out fast and defend the base a little. The base will always get hits, but it will have enough to survive.

4. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I just had a game against a noob. Actually... it was about 12 or 13 games lol. The guy actually had an alright deck, but the problem was he just couldn't get them out in the correct order. His small, quicker units were not that bad, but I managed to get mine out faster, and time their specials well. When he finally managed to get some of his bigger units out, I also managed to get my big guys out. It was a tussle, a pretty tight one too, but thanks to my Morden Carpet Bomb move (that's why I keep him in my deck), I managed to win comfortably. After that, no more Rematch requests were sent :D

5. TheSorRoW

TheSorRoW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I see , on my phone I don't have good anti air
    However in my tablet ( my mess around , buy crappy units for the fun of it device) I decided to buy the native bird and paired it with my Ptolemaic robot (forgot his name, its the one that has melee only and special sprays bullets in the air) and sent benimaru to block bullets.. Those three paired with Ptolemaic slug, O'Neil Jr, regular O'Neil, wrath O'Neil, slug flyer, formor and slug gigant.. Although the first 4 (benimaru, native bird, Ptolemaic robot, Ptolemaic slug, and Jr helped out get massive ap to withstand and wrath to kill keesi lll , was surprised to finish this one without aplvmax (had to in my phone as I don't have a good anti air unit , Clark,takes too long and the Ptolemaic shobu always kills him before he recharges special *sigh*
    Pretty tough stage but opens up for creativeness...

Btw anyone has been able to beat the last stage (5-4) without aplvlmax? I'd like to hear what deck did y'all used.. Haven't reached yet in my tablet.. But in my phone I still haven't figured what to use

6. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Thanks! Now I can make almost 1mi instead of 800k.

Big Shiee decimates all normal air units. The heavy ones (Sol Dae Rokker, Blue Hi-DO, etc) aren't that strong (from 20k to 36k HP max). Wrath is a good counter. Keesi special too. Crablops, Gigants... I tried the submarine since it takes less time now to recharge the special. It does a lot of damage. Unfortunately he goes to the front and dies quickly. And takes ages to respawn.

I played against ones using only KOF characters (giving a small 10% HP boost). When I saw it, I thought it was going to be fun (and easy). The map was very small. He spawned Benimaru twice, Iori, Kyo and another one for the win. I asked for a rematch. The map was a little larger (but still small). I decimated him easily and he didn't want a rematch. Some rush decks are nice for very small maps but doesn't work in any other map.

I'm winning 9 out of 10 games due to not using heavy units that take too long to respawn. Some units like the gigants are great but I'm able to respawn 3X a decent medium (500-600AP) unit instead. Even in the larger maps it works. The ones I have more problem are the ones using cheap units with long range attack (slugnoid, King, Robert, etc) with wall/meat units advancing in small maps. In a matter of seconds he has a huge army attacking non-stop. That's why I prefer units that has piercing attack (Red Ring Laser, Big Shiee, etc).

I couldn't find "The List" (don't know if it is updated either). So I went to stage 9-3 (largest map with yetis). Spawned all the units I wanted to test. It was impressive how the timing changed. Same for specials. I think this update is more balanced since I see more different decks which makes the game less boring.

As for new units, is there any decent?
    Christmas Eri/Fio look like a very useless unit. 300 medals EACH!
    Deformed Slug Gunner; No piercing attack but seems nice. Maybe I'll buy it in the future if I start to lose against players using it.
    Snowman ERI/FIO/MARCO/NADIA/TARMA/TREVOR; I thought they could be useful for some rush decks but they're quite useless.
    Amedeus Robot; Takes too long to attack. Useless
    Cabrakan; takes too long to attack and his special is worst compared to the Keesi II. Doesn't attack far. Dies to fast.
    Balor; This one I really like. On long maps I'm able to rush so fast since Balor spawns much faster than any other unit. And contrary to the builder, the Balor stacks even when attacked. Wish it was a little stronger or spawned faster or did more damage.

7. Puke Pile

Puke Pile Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Is Snowman Fio really rare for anybody else? It's the only snowman hero I haven't unlocked, I kinda just want the thing for completion's sake. I usually get Eri or Tarma no matter which level I play.

8. AlexNXYZ

AlexNXYZ Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    I get fio almost every single game. But i have never gotten tarma.

Are any of the amadeus robots or the sandmarine any good? I have enough stars but i think the medals would be a better choice.

9. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    The snowman characters are entirely random when trying to get them.

All amadeus units aren't that good, you are better off buying the medals

10. AlexNXYZ

Jun 15, 2014
    The snowmen should be random but i always use all of my sortie points for the event and tarma is the only one i cant get.

And thank you for the recommendation :)

11. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Sandmarine has a nice special. With the latest update (1.39) it takes less time to recharge. Not a bad unit and could get buffed. The Amadeus on the other side, has no room for a buff. They could buff making 2X damage/Half time for recharge special and Amadeus would still be bad. They take too long for any attack (including special).

12. AlexNXYZ

Jun 15, 2014
    Hmm ok, since i got almost 2 million stars i think i will buy 100 medals and give the sandmarine a try. I wanted to get all the special units but since all talk bad about the amadeus robots i think i will not buy them. Thank you for your help :)

13. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Just make sure you get the Wrath Allen O'Neil.

14. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Guys I'm thinking, if is there a way I can disable the App Store from picking up MSD updates? I ask this because I want to earn enough stars (1,000,000) to exchange them for 100 medals. Being a second Thursdays (yes I know it's New Years Eve), I don't want to risk an update coming along and me having to update my game and loosing all those stars - like what happened in the coins in the last update.

Any ideas?

15. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    Go to settings then go to itunes and Appstore. There should be some options to disable automatic updates

16. jvict

jvict New Member

Jan 3, 2016
  17. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #3477 mikmsd, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    ^^

Thanks for sharing. I registered with my Facebook account but not providing my email (to avoid SPAM). Do you think there's a risk I'm not going to receive the bonus?

Is it possible for me to download a beta version to iOS?

18. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Thank you. As we did not get an update on NYE, is it possible we'll have to wait until next Thursday?

I got my 100 medals by the way :D

19. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    I'm hoping this thursday we will get a new update

20. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

Fair warning, the next update'll wipe your stars, and there's a good chance it'll be tomorrow. Either ensure you've got automatic updates turned off or spend what you've got.