Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. AlexNXYZ

AlexNXYZ Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    I get fio almost every single game. But i have never gotten tarma.

Are any of the amadeus robots or the sandmarine any good? I have enough stars but i think the medals would be a better choice.

2. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    The snowman characters are entirely random when trying to get them.

All amadeus units aren't that good, you are better off buying the medals

3. AlexNXYZ

Jun 15, 2014
    The snowmen should be random but i always use all of my sortie points for the event and tarma is the only one i cant get.

And thank you for the recommendation :)

4. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Sandmarine has a nice special. With the latest update (1.39) it takes less time to recharge. Not a bad unit and could get buffed. The Amadeus on the other side, has no room for a buff. They could buff making 2X damage/Half time for recharge special and Amadeus would still be bad. They take too long for any attack (including special).

5. AlexNXYZ

Jun 15, 2014
    Hmm ok, since i got almost 2 million stars i think i will buy 100 medals and give the sandmarine a try. I wanted to get all the special units but since all talk bad about the amadeus robots i think i will not buy them. Thank you for your help :)

6. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Just make sure you get the Wrath Allen O'Neil.

7. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Guys I'm thinking, if is there a way I can disable the App Store from picking up MSD updates? I ask this because I want to earn enough stars (1,000,000) to exchange them for 100 medals. Being a second Thursdays (yes I know it's New Years Eve), I don't want to risk an update coming along and me having to update my game and loosing all those stars - like what happened in the coins in the last update.

Any ideas?

8. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    Go to settings then go to itunes and Appstore. There should be some options to disable automatic updates

9. jvict

jvict New Member

Jan 3, 2016
  10. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #3450 mikmsd, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    ^^

Thanks for sharing. I registered with my Facebook account but not providing my email (to avoid SPAM). Do you think there's a risk I'm not going to receive the bonus?

Is it possible for me to download a beta version to iOS?

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Thank you. As we did not get an update on NYE, is it possible we'll have to wait until next Thursday?

I got my 100 medals by the way :D

12. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    I'm hoping this thursday we will get a new update

13. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

Fair warning, the next update'll wipe your stars, and there's a good chance it'll be tomorrow. Either ensure you've got automatic updates turned off or spend what you've got.

14. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I've pretty much got everything I want from the shop. I've got the Wrath Allan and Sandmarine and picked clean all of the medals. I don't really care for any of the other useless stuff they've got for sale.

I'm also not very motivated to play this game anymore, I mean the regular missions just to build up my bank account. I'm just raiding them all now.

15. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    I'm not playing anymore.
    2200 wins, 500 losses.

This game gave me a lot of joy but it was getting too repetitive.

16. Bomb Bloke

It turns out SNK changed their mind - the new update doesn't wipe your stars, or even close the event. It does, however, remove Christmas Phio / Eri from the store.

Rugal's added as a 999 AP boss. You've got to beat him by collecting an invite from the KOF stages in the alt world (POW style), and then taking him on in a 1vYourWholeTeam battle (like the Gigant). After accomplishing that he's available for 250 medals in the store (because 200+ medal units are again half price, and his "regular" cost is 500).

Purchased, he has about the same health pool as Wrath Allen. His fast-charging special attack allows him to actually reflect certain bullets back at the other side.

17. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Question: I assume we have to play the 'map' world to get the invites right? Is it just one invite we need or multiple? I've so far spent all my 690 sortie points and haven't got anything yet. Also how do we cash in our invite to challenge him?

18. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Invite drops like POW so it's random. Just quit out of a level and restart the game so you don't waste sortie points . I think the drop rate for the invite is higher in KOF-4 than KOF-1, but I could be wrong. After you get the invite a new level appears and you can fight the boss. You have one shot at him. If you loss, you have to get the invite again (but again you can quit/restart the level). As for the fight it's pretty insane. Dude has huge healh pool and deflects you attacks. Don't go unless you have ap max and a lot of boss units. Tip Don't use units that have pierce damage. For example I used elephant, he deflected the fire balls and they hit my base...kinda annoying.

19. Bomb Bloke

The main trick to actually fighting him is to simply keep him away from your base. If he's not in range of it, he can't damage it, so you can't lose. You can't knock him back (unlike the version of him you get from the shop), but spamming weak units will mean he's always standing still to attack something and so he won't advance. White cats should do.

Sending out too many units he can reflect will just lead to him killing your whole stack, so don't do that unless you want him to take forever to die.

I hear tell it's possible to lodge a mummy behind him (using Hazmat Soldier), which presumably stops him from going forward at all.

20. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Oh so they can only be won on the Esaka stage! That explains why I haven't won any yet lol. I don't understand why SNK are making these new stages almost impossible to complete. Don't they read the comments and feedback che all give them? Like the last update wasn't an indication of where they went wrong. And this new one seems like a lazy update to me!