Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    BEWARE UPDATE!

I saved almost 3 million coins for future units.

Now with 1.39 (ios) you lose all your saved coins and more the new exchange are stars to collect! #### SNK!

To reach level 40 you have to buy level unlock for a million stars for each single army type (KoF, UFO, etc).

If you have coins, spend them all before they screw you.

2. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate; did you back up the old IPA (and your save, of course!) before updating? SNK did put up a notice that the old event was going to end with this new version a few days ago.

Under Android, at least, it's 100k stars per level 40 cap unlock. Are you misreading, or has iOS got a higher price tag?

I notice all the units from the last "coin" survival events are still in the new "star" event shop, so it seems safe to update once you've spent whatever you've got saved up.

3. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    ^^

Probably misread about the price tag but I lost all my saved coins. I knew the event was going to end but I wasn't expecting them to create a new "currency". I could bought hundreds of medals or even those crappy units in case they get buffed up.

I don't have the habit of creating backups. I'm going to stay away from MSD for a few days.

Happy Christmas to you all!

4. Bomb Bloke

I dunno about "hundreds" of medals; turned out the ones in the coin shop were one-time purchases. Dunno whether that'd make you feel better or worse.

5. Puke Pile

Puke Pile Member

Jan 15, 2015
    The event levels are a chore to play, the constant onslaught of invincible Morden bombers is a bit much. The later levels are just massive crowds of boss units on your doorstep as soon as you begin. Not really fun at all.

6. AlexNXYZ

AlexNXYZ Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Guys does anyone of you have a good deck for 5-x without using ap max?
    Also does anyone know how or wherr to farm stars best?:confused:

7. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    I bought a new iPhone and have already bid farewell to the game process of the game because did not want to restore the phone and set it up as new. But before i made a backup of the game by using the program iMazing. At first I did not believe what happens when the program reported that the phone must be disconnected from the "Find my iphone" and will reboot in the recovery process. But the miracle, the game is really restored progress, not affecting the rest of the operating system. So I'm in. SNK Learn how to work. :cool:
    More disappointing, updating the game to 39, burned all my event points and I have not bought any unit on them. SNK insolent. :mad:

8. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Calling them a chore is a compliment. THAT is how f*cked up it is. It would probably be doable without the Morden carpet bombing. I'm not going to bother with this event anymore... couldn't care less what I miss out on!

9. TheSorRoW

TheSorRoW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    #3429 TheSorRoW, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    That freaking carpet bombing ruins your ".00001%" chance of actually doing something... 4-4(air deck of death) would be easier without hi do killimg my Clark and Ptolemaic slug in one single bomb. I tried stone turlte, iron, iron nokana Mk ll , Jupiter king Mk ll as shields for my other units (don't try these they will die fast AF specially iron and Jupiter Mk ll without even tickling the enemy.

Concerning events 5-2 5-3, those are a joke, three rootmars in the first 5sec of the match? Bruh my slug armor literally died when he got in position to use his booster. And I died so many times cuz of those shockwaves.. I literally had one second left and bam.. I had to use the jammer power up cuz I almost suffered the same fate.. This event is annoying and I been more frustrated than having fun, on my other device I still got the last update and still have fun playing that Amadeus final stage .. Best mission that had so much replay value and didn't had bs spawn like this one and if it did you still got a chance to fend for yourself.. What do I get from this one ? 3crablops 2brain robots, 4rebel giant, Amadeus alpha and beta ,keesi in barely 25secs .. Nah I'll pass , I don't want to do impossible stages , yes impossible because if you can't do them without using power ups or relief supplies or without buying certain units.. It's crap.. Not everyone likes certain units that are required to win.. Yes I'm looking at you new kof and keesi lll, red ring laser mecha and paratruck..
    This update sucked ass, the big reward? Fruity ass gang snowmen with low stats followed by gay formor (could had been better, jump been longer and maybe jump back after that? ) eri and Fio 300 medals? Should at least gave them their special as standard attack. However fio seems promising but first I would like to get my big shie thank you.. But tbh that Fio is way stronger than the majority of 600+ap for her 130ap cost and I fear snk could make her useless next update hence throwing my 300medals in the garbage like they did for iron,vanguard,well soldier (used to be good when it came out) Jupiter king Mk ll , and brain robot.... When you think of it that's around 1000+medals down the drain.. And I think there's some more units still haven't checked.. Oh yea, black hound..

Sorry if this too long , had to vent before I slammed this thing in frustration of this event with its wicked spawn rate of bosses, seems like we fighting a hacker but this time is the machine trolling us. Bruh how we gonna face 5+boss units when we can barely upgrade ap twice and have A 100-200ap unit that gets obliterated in seconds? We screwed, snk messed up big time with this upgrade and I still haven't figured out a map where to farm those pesky stars, I lost 900,000 some coins before this.. I heard they warned but really? Not everyone has the time to be checking constantly, I guess it's on me for not reading .. But at least I'm glad I already bought the important things (Allen, 100medal and 50medal)
    *sigh* lets see what snk does about this

10. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    So... why did SNK decide to give a unit 6000+ HP for 90 AP and fast movement? And to top it off have a special that nullifies attacks. I'm talking about benimaru :( I having trouble just getting to start off in the beginning of matches.

11. TheSorRoW

Nov 17, 2014
    Benimaru is the best out of the kof (I don't own any, but if I was to buy one would be him) he was useless before because his special didn't protected him and it was a waste of medals.. That buff made him more useful yes it can be annoying cuz he can screw you but if timed rightyiu can get rid of him easily.

12. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Sluggers #

I have decided to just do stage 4-4 as it is very easy (air units) and you get good star points from it. So I'm aiming to get enough to unlock all my units to buff them to level 40, and anything left over will go towards medals. Don't care for fully finishing the 5th world as it's impossible unless you waste all your medals on something that won't be there much longer - not worth it!

13. TheSorRoW

Nov 17, 2014
    What deck are you using? I still get obliterated , I don't have good anti air

Merry Xmas guys btw

14. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #3434 mikmsd, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Hey!

I used to have the Red Ring Laser as my lowest-AP unit. Then boss-type ones. With benimaru buff, you need low-AP unit(s) to counter. If you don't know which one, get benimaru then.

The meta game changed for the better. Now most boss units take a while to build up so a winning deck is more balanced now.

My tips to get stars and money so you can upgrade to level 40 fast.

Money:
    Go to third map, last special map (red), stage 5 and click on raid. Having 690 sortie points, you can make a bunch of money fast. In one minute you can make 800k. You can pay 30 medals to recharge sortie if you want.

Stars:
    Go to the last stage on event (5-4) with Red Allen, Keesi (hi-do bombs don't attack it) and a bunch of 80-90AP units. Use the weak units non stop. Build the Keesi ASAP and Red Allen when the enemy army get closer to your base. If necessary, use the Keesi special.
    The hi-do bombs don't attack your base, so when your units are near the base they stay alive. I put a Big John when the enemies are getting closer. If you manage to put it there, it won't get attacked by the bombs.
    When I reach AP MAX and have enough units, I fast forward and put on AUTO. Each time I make around 50k stars. Play twice and you can buy one level 40 upgrade from the store.

15. Bomb Bloke

You'll get more MSP raiding 1-6-4, in the alt world (Big Shiee). 1,400 MSP per sortie point versus 1,068.

16. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Mainly Iori as his special goes straight up and takes down the helicopters, wrath Allen as he has good HP, and Elephant as it has a rising fireball to take down air units. Apart from them, use some heavy units to withstand attacks, some small units to run out fast and defend the base a little. The base will always get hits, but it will have enough to survive.

17. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I just had a game against a noob. Actually... it was about 12 or 13 games lol. The guy actually had an alright deck, but the problem was he just couldn't get them out in the correct order. His small, quicker units were not that bad, but I managed to get mine out faster, and time their specials well. When he finally managed to get some of his bigger units out, I also managed to get my big guys out. It was a tussle, a pretty tight one too, but thanks to my Morden Carpet Bomb move (that's why I keep him in my deck), I managed to win comfortably. After that, no more Rematch requests were sent :D

18. TheSorRoW

Nov 17, 2014
    I see , on my phone I don't have good anti air
    However in my tablet ( my mess around , buy crappy units for the fun of it device) I decided to buy the native bird and paired it with my Ptolemaic robot (forgot his name, its the one that has melee only and special sprays bullets in the air) and sent benimaru to block bullets.. Those three paired with Ptolemaic slug, O'Neil Jr, regular O'Neil, wrath O'Neil, slug flyer, formor and slug gigant.. Although the first 4 (benimaru, native bird, Ptolemaic robot, Ptolemaic slug, and Jr helped out get massive ap to withstand and wrath to kill keesi lll , was surprised to finish this one without aplvmax (had to in my phone as I don't have a good anti air unit , Clark,takes too long and the Ptolemaic shobu always kills him before he recharges special *sigh*
    Pretty tough stage but opens up for creativeness...

Btw anyone has been able to beat the last stage (5-4) without aplvlmax? I'd like to hear what deck did y'all used.. Haven't reached yet in my tablet.. But in my phone I still haven't figured what to use

19. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Thanks! Now I can make almost 1mi instead of 800k.

Big Shiee decimates all normal air units. The heavy ones (Sol Dae Rokker, Blue Hi-DO, etc) aren't that strong (from 20k to 36k HP max). Wrath is a good counter. Keesi special too. Crablops, Gigants... I tried the submarine since it takes less time now to recharge the special. It does a lot of damage. Unfortunately he goes to the front and dies quickly. And takes ages to respawn.

I played against ones using only KOF characters (giving a small 10% HP boost). When I saw it, I thought it was going to be fun (and easy). The map was very small. He spawned Benimaru twice, Iori, Kyo and another one for the win. I asked for a rematch. The map was a little larger (but still small). I decimated him easily and he didn't want a rematch. Some rush decks are nice for very small maps but doesn't work in any other map.

I'm winning 9 out of 10 games due to not using heavy units that take too long to respawn. Some units like the gigants are great but I'm able to respawn 3X a decent medium (500-600AP) unit instead. Even in the larger maps it works. The ones I have more problem are the ones using cheap units with long range attack (slugnoid, King, Robert, etc) with wall/meat units advancing in small maps. In a matter of seconds he has a huge army attacking non-stop. That's why I prefer units that has piercing attack (Red Ring Laser, Big Shiee, etc).

I couldn't find "The List" (don't know if it is updated either). So I went to stage 9-3 (largest map with yetis). Spawned all the units I wanted to test. It was impressive how the timing changed. Same for specials. I think this update is more balanced since I see more different decks which makes the game less boring.

As for new units, is there any decent?
    Christmas Eri/Fio look like a very useless unit. 300 medals EACH!
    Deformed Slug Gunner; No piercing attack but seems nice. Maybe I'll buy it in the future if I start to lose against players using it.
    Snowman ERI/FIO/MARCO/NADIA/TARMA/TREVOR; I thought they could be useful for some rush decks but they're quite useless.
    Amedeus Robot; Takes too long to attack. Useless
    Cabrakan; takes too long to attack and his special is worst compared to the Keesi II. Doesn't attack far. Dies to fast.
    Balor; This one I really like. On long maps I'm able to rush so fast since Balor spawns much faster than any other unit. And contrary to the builder, the Balor stacks even when attacked. Wish it was a little stronger or spawned faster or did more damage.

20. Puke Pile

Puke Pile Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Is Snowman Fio really rare for anybody else? It's the only snowman hero I haven't unlocked, I kinda just want the thing for completion's sake. I usually get Eri or Tarma no matter which level I play.