Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Why did we get the 1,900,000 coinds? Hey, I'm not complaining, I can now get the boiling Allan O'Neill... but what was the bug they were compensating for? I didn't notice it...?

Also the Australia stages are BLOODY HARD MATE. I managed to win the first 2... now I need more sortie points to play the next 2 :mad:

2. D-tron23

D-tron23 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Its ironic that sol dae rokker is not an event unit.

So I'm guessing next update we will get another level cap for units.

3. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    About the bug theory(atleast on android)

The things i notice that may have been a bug(ver.1.37..atleast on android) in 4-4
    1.common(sdr red spike gets stuck on the ground sometimes permamently.
    2.if you summon your own sdr,it will go under no matter what.
    3.rare, i think im the only one knew this.. summoning a unit generator at start in 4-4 gets the crash all the time(if the image gets back and forth while being planted, wait 2 seconds and itll crash..i used crab generator and 3ton truck,both crashed.

Dunno if its severe enough to warrant 1.9 million coins in ios,or its a different matter on what ive said..althou from an android user im a little ticked off haha, where are our free coins?! (1.9 mil is practically a week worth of grinding).

4. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I think the bug is due to the major stuff-up from SNKs end regarding how hard it is to achieve enough coins to get the 2 new units. So they've practically gifted them to us - but they're too proud to admit they stuffed up big time.

Anyway, so I'm 100% up-to-date with the game so far, completing all of the 5 Australia event missions.\

I'll give this game kudos, I tried to play 5-5 using AP Max for fun - as I was always getting hammered from the start, so I thought I would turn the tables on them. So I immediately sent out my small units, followed by the medium units.

Then when my AP hits about 4500, I release all my big 5 units. Now, this is where I made a mistake. Because they're so big, the DECIMATED all the smaller units. But what happened when they reached they blue laser thing? They all died! Then it took ages for them to be able to be built again, so my small and medium units couldn't handle all the regenerating units from the enemies. I actually lost in the very last second. 1 more second and I would have won... but that stupid laser wrecked it for me... one damn second :mad:

Oh well, it was a learning curve for me.

5. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Ok guys, what's better to buy, the Sandmarine or boiling-point Allen O'Neil?

6. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

From what I hear, Wrath Allen is the best unit in the coin shop.

7. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    Definitely Allen O'Neil (wrath)

8. D-tron23

Aug 7, 2014
    I don't even know what to say...

I went to farm msp in the green world with the big shiee and right after the "Mission Start" this appears on my screen. The game still ran as I could still hear the bgm playing. It also seemed to be paused as there weren't any sfx being produced.

Attached Files:

9. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    For competitive multiplayer ill-tempered Allen is the only good unit (plus red tarman, morden ver di cokka and Regular army helicopter if you didn't get them before). Submarine sucks, but looks bad ass :)

I plan on unlocking every unit, because maybe in the future some of them will get buffed.

For me this update is both the best and the worst ever. Best because we got a few good units for free. Worst because you need to grind the hell out of them (10,000,000 coins to unlock everything if you missed the previous units!). And after that they need to be leveled up... They should have waited with increasing the level cap to 35 until this event is over. Now it's just too much for me to handle with limited sortie points...

PS. With this 1.38 update it's quite reasonable to buy medals with coins. If you retry, each run in 5-5 gives you +70,000 coins (~7 medals). You can do this run 4 or 5 times per 24 h, so thats 30 medals per day. Pretty sweet.

10. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    #3410 kozz84, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  11. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    I didn't bought them but I have more hard-time playing against players using Wrath Allen. I don't think it's a must-have unit since I won against all of the players who had it. Wrath Allen doesn't have pierce attack which makes a lot of difference during a heavy match. He's quite strong though.

It looks like when you have to put your name when you lose or finish the game. Probably some bug due to porting from MAME to iOS.

It looks like a modification of MSD. More micromanagement I believe. I'm on iOS so I cannot download the game and try it. What I know is that I don't want to go from the beginning of the same game. It took me many months to free all POVs, earn all the medals, units and upgrades.

12. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    About Wrath (Red Allen):

Two games against experienced players using Wrath:
    [Sorry for the quality of videos. The only way to record in iOS (without jailbreak) is thru niconico. If you don't pay, they heavily compress the video]

[​IMG]
    https://vid.me/TwDW

[​IMG]
    https://vid.me/s3Sz

Both users use Wrath early on. It's a quite strong unit that doesn't suffer much against Big Shiee or Keesi 2 attacks due to it small size. They use it early on to hold ground. Good strategy since your units can build special first.
    Stronger decks I played against had the football player and Augenstern PM as early units.

Watching the video is better than me explaining each strategy.

13. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Ok, it looks like I'll go with the majority. Thanks guys :D

If I get enough coins (I'm sure I will), I'll buy the Sandmarine too, but only because there's a slight chance it will get buffed in an update!

14. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    how to record msd matches on ios no jailbreak

hi everyone.. i need of some assistance.. can you recommend something how to screenshot ingame on ios or record a video match? the device is on iOS6..thanks in advance.. i wanna capture some moments ingame if its possible

15. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Well-Known Member

Can you not screenshot by momentarily holding Power + Home?

16. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    My ios acquantance says it gets dc when screenshoting during play..but personally i havent tried it,cause i dont own an iphone

17. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Just tried and yes. You can take screenshots during gameplay without getting disconnected.

18. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    #3418 joseph1234, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    @mikmsd Can you please elaborate how? I mean what buttons do we press?

19. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Like Bomb Bloke explained:
    Hold Power and press Home. Then release both.

20. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    That's on iOS.