Universal METAL SLUG ATTACK (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    WOW, MUST DOWNLOAD!!! A great news on a new day.

2. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

I am a big fun of metal slug since I was a kid. I was playing it before on a family computer. I was expecting that this new game will be some similar to the old one but it was a little disappointing. It is much more like cartoon wars. But it's still okay. I still love playing this type of game. Controls are basic, as usual. Good game tho.

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Same exact same old. Had my fill. Nothing new here.

4. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I'm stuck on level 6-4 standard. The one with Iron Nokana. That fire attack kills all of my units. Any tips?

Also what is the level cap right now for the base and units. I upgraded everything to lv 10 and can't upgrade anymore.

5. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Constant internet connection required or not?

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea. The game won't even boot up without a connection. Every move you make is followed with a short pause pretty much meaning the game is contacting the servers.

I'm on the fence on this one still. I loved the first game and even though most of this is just more of the same, it seems confusing. There's a LOT going on in the game. That can be good or bad depending on some people. One thing I've noticed was the campaign seems to be a bit tougher. Again, that's good or bad. Then it seems like you can't buy characters anymore. You buy or earn "parts" or a character. Some characters may take 10 parts to create a new character, some may take 50. I've been playing off and on since it released and I'm still learning stuff, so I could be wrong on some things, but I just don't seem to be having as much fun as I did with the first one. I'll keep plugging away at it and see how I feel in another day or two. It's free, so it's still worth a try to anybody interested.

7. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Lol, yet another single-player game that people won't be able to play while travelling. Are developers nowadays not understanding what exactly is the difference between single and multiplayer? If I want to play multiplayer then I'll have an internet connection ready. If I want to play singleplayer then I don't want the damn connection tether. /facepalm

This is one thing I miss from the classic GBA/PSV/DS, you can literally play those titles anywhere without being tied to some stupid internet connection requirement or annoying IAPs.

8. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    I was excited but it's gotten boring pretty quick. Back to Crashlands

9. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I actually don't get why crash lands is so popular. Quite boring after a day or 2 for me. Then again, I don't rly like crafting games

10. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a complete game with no IAP that's an awesome action rpg. I hardly consider it a crafting game you just level up by getting items from monsters like every single game ever. You can do as much or as little base building/ micromanaging as you want. The pet system is cool but completely optional. There's tons of references and the writing is superb which makes the story much more enjoyable. You have lots of secrets to find and can tailor your use items to how you like to fight. The game is very long and there is tons to do but it's easy to figure out where you need to go next. The item randomness just adds more replayabilty.

I could go on

11. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Downloaded. couldn't turn off the music without turning off all the sounds...strike 1. Also I really don't like the cluttered design of many Japanese designed (or dervived) arcade and RPG games..strike 2. And they always have way too much going on for me. Like walking thrugh Kabuki-cho while being stoned on acid...strike 3, you're deleted.

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I'm with ya. I just don't understand why this happens. It's almost like devs are thinking: "our music is soooo awesome, no one will ever get sick of hearing it and want to turn it off."

13. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Well, downloaded today. This is the same Metal Slug Defense, but have more donate-cadge. I don't know, but think I'ill not play this game. Good bye MSD, not hello MSA.

14. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I liked the first one, and really want to like this one as well.

Unfortunately, it's crashing on me (a lot). iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1.

15. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    From the sounds of it, you actually didn't install it.
    Also, how do you give the exact same thing, two strikes?
    What a troll.

16. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    So far, I have not seen the incredibly obnoxious, intrusive pop-up ads like MSD (that you can't IAP away)...this alone makes it a better choice for me.

17. dubsman

dubsman Member

Dec 19, 2014
    #37 dubsman, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Official guild yet?

18. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I downloaded this - mainly because I have the other game in this particular franchise (Metal Slug Defense) but I haven't played it yet. I've heard some bad reviews already so this game might collect dust on my iPad for a little while. Loading times appear to be the worst. Constant internet connection is a thumbs down for me too!

19. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? It sucks. The original is much better.

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    How does this differ from defense game