Universal Metal Shooter: Shoot and Jump (by Rocket Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jeoncrack, Mar 15, 2017.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    One thing that is really annoying me is the length of the levels. It appears to be 5 parts to stage 1-1 and if you get to a checkpoint but then back out, you have to pay to pick back up where you left off....?!? Not a fan of this. If you made each level more bite sized so that a player can quit and come back to a new stage without having to pay to continue (again, what?) on the same super lengthy one level, you gain a gamer base that wants to keep playing. As-is, I find myself not wanting to try to tackle a stage that will take over 30 min's, will cause frustration when I have to continue with ads or paying to continue, and one where wanting to support this by purchasing an IAP is null for me at the moment. With the IAPs and confusion on what you're getting (prev post about confusion on the super hero pack and what characters you're actually purchasing), I can't see myself supporting this in it's current form. The fact that IAP purchases don't remove mandatory adds is a bad call. I'd say at least remove the mandatory ads for IAP purchases, give a clear explanation on the hero pack (and is the captain really $10 all by itself? And where would I need a double jump?) and I'll consider supporting this. If you could enlighten us on "the captain" IAP and the need for a double jump, that would be greatly appreciated. I haven't found anything yet that would require a double jo but I'm also still trying to finish 1-1. Some fine tuning and this game really could be stellar. The mechanics are there, just the level implementation and IAPs are really holding this back.

2. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Update to the prev post. I was able to continue from a checkpoint and didn't have to pay to continue so I must have force closed the app when the continue screen was up before, and that's why I had to pay to continue the next time I opened the app. Also, from the in-game pause menu, you can tap on the player icon and it takes you to an upgrade screen where you can upgrade the weapon for that respective character. I noticed "The Captain" has an upgrade for health, so coupled with the advertised double jump ability, he would seem the best option for completing the game initially. But the IAP prices are still too much. I'd be willing to spend $3 for a charcter but $10 is way too much. For $10, I's expect a completely premium experience.

3. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Can you confirm what heroes you get for that IAP?

4. jeoncrack

jeoncrack Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Yep, i'm fixing this pack. It's TNT and SANDKING. Thank you for your report :) New update coming soon.

5. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #25 Oats, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    The newest update didn't fix the Super Heroes IAP. Under TNT it still says "Owned" in the IAP's but he is still not playable.
    I was also disappointed that only level 1.1-1.3 are available; world 2 isn't open yet.
    Edit: also the achievements aren't working

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015

Yeah, it's a shame this game seems to be a hot mess at the moment. I'm going to keep my eye on it for updates but at the moment I'm not buying the IAP. If it reaches a better state I'll revisit it. It has so much potential and the art is awesome.

7. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Game updated but STILL CANNOT play as TNT. I'm done, deleted!!

8. garethdean

garethdean New Member

Jan 1, 2018
    auto fire

i accidentally press the home button while playing then when i open again the app it automatically firing, can you help me how to fix this? even when im playing quick mode or story mode its automatically firing.

9. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Fremium with IAPs are deal breaker for me. Sorry, without me..