Metal Gear Solid Touch dated for MARCH!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DieseliPhone, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. untraceable

untraceable Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    10$:eek:

this price incite the jailbreak !!

2. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Well if you didn't mean it, why did you write it for the whole world to see?
    No I'm fed up cause blinkered fools like you keep dismissing it without even having played it, let's wait and see shall we?

If your that worried about $10 perhaps you should consider jailbreaking your phone/iPod and dl the gameboy emulator. Maybe then you can have the metal gear experience you so obviously crave.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    10$........... Ahh I little to steep but what the hell I'll buy it. Hopfully it has like 6+ hours of gameplay like Payback.

4. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha! What the hell are you talking about? Are you the dev of this game? If not, then you're the fool here. What I want to say is that I would easily spend 20$ for a port of the MGS series, but never 10$ for a duck hunt game with the skin of MGS characters. And who says it must be ported? Btw, I have a game boy( an very old)

5. mommagamehouse

mommagamehouse Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
    What is the release date ?

6. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    What is up with the hostility in this thread and the childish name calling? There are TONS of copies of the X-plane series being sold and they are $9.99 so that price point actually does sell. The MGS name itself gives it a huge foothold and many WILL shell out the dough to get it. Look at the price of MGS on the consoles so if you are arguing about $10, it seems irrational.

No it's not a console game, that is why, it's not at console prices. If you don't want to buy it, no one is forcing you to and if you really want it, you have time to save up for it. Surely this won't be a problem for a lot of you. :)

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    We arent judging it based on the screenshots, we are judging it based on gameplay which is tap to shoot. This is basically an overpriced whack a mole game, why are you so protective of it? Konami knows better than to make a crappy game and sell it at a high price point.
    Obviously it isnt of console quality, thats why it is a lot less. But the problem here is that the game doesnt even appear to be of iPhone quality. Konami really has the balls to publish this one at the price of 10 dollars, when you could get ten of the other exact same games for a dollar a piece.

8. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    But they did and they will so there is nothing you can do. You don't have to buy it since you think it looks so horrible. Others will no doubt buy it which shouldn't bother you. It's just the way it goes sometimes.

9. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Man people gotta stop saying this is a tap and shoot game. You have to drag the target and it will follow your trace. It looks like lots of strategy is going to be involved.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Are you suggesting people pirate it because it's too expensive? Seriously?

I really wish I could wrap my head around all the complaining about pricing on the App Store. The influx of crapware developers desperately trying to sell anything at 99 cents have forced developers like Ian Marsh, who actually puts out good games, to also price at 99 cents to be competitive.

Guess what, these iPhone games take time to develop, developers won't work for free. Just to give you an idea of how quickly development costs snowball, say they've got three dudes working on the Metal Gear iPhone port. They're each making $60k a year (Which not only is remarkably low, but also doesn't take in to account benefits which can easily top out total employee compensation at $80-90k cost to the developing company.)

Now, just for this example let's say Metal Gear Solid Touch has only taken them three months to develop between the guy porting all the 3D models to the iPhone, the guy optimizing the textures for the iPhone, and the guy writing the code to put it all together. That's $45,000 in salary alone, not taking in to account the cost of software, if they had to buy any Mac hardware to develop with, iPhones to test on, etc.

So you really, really think you have room to complain about them potentially charging $10 for this game? [​IMG]

11. thepretender

thepretender Well-Known Member

12. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    I can't wait till March 19, $10 is not so bad. I'm just glad it's not $15 or $20 with all this talk of a premium apps store.

13. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Pocket Gamer have just posted a story on this where they have revealed the price here in the UK will be £3.49 which seems reasonable to me.

14. Hell_Gamer98

You dont get it, right?
    And even if they earn still so little money and work still so much, 10$ are still too much. John Kooistra, Ian Marsh and all those little developers are working hard on their games, alone. And they're selling them at low prices although they are very good. Now, big Kojima comes, with three developers, and the only thing which them occur is a duck hunt game with skin of MGS characters? WTF? They could have made the big money if they had invested more time, more ideas and a more complex game concept into the game. I don't believe that you would spend 10$ for a duck hunt game, even if you're a fan of MGS.

The same will happen to this game as star wars the force unleashed.
    Some MGS fans will instantly buy this and then, they're like: "WTH? I poured 10$ down the drain!" After those MGS fans, no one will buy it anymore.

15. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Ummm...do you think Kojima is learning more about the iphone? This game might be a game they are developing to understand the in's and out's of the system. One thing about Kojima he learns how to get the most out of any system he has ever used. The iphone is a new platform and they are having to learn how to develop for this new platform. Give the guy some time if the game is good he might consider bringing more to iphone and spending more on development. Right now, it looks like he's taking a stance on not too sure if the iphone is ready for big time developers. Even square isn't sure on the iphone have you heard of any of their other titles coming. No. Why? Because it costs a lot of money to develop and make games and if people aren't going to pay the price you need to make money back you have lost money. Small developers have less to lose than big time developers like Konami or Square/enix.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yep, pretty much this.

Small developers by and large are developing their games in their spare time on their couch. Not to say that their time isn't worth anything, because of course it is... But if someone like Ian Marsh pumps out a game in the time he would have (just for the sake of argument) spent watching a ten season non-stop X-Files DVD marathon and it only sells a few hundred copies... He's still up a couple hundred bucks.

Indie developers can afford to sell something at a buck and not worry if it doesn't sell. They're not floating a $50,000 investment after paying a team of developers to get something on the App Store.

17. Hell_Gamer98

You might be right. But it bothers me that if it really is an immature beta test version they're charging five bucks for it....

18. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    #58 Almy, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    I've never played the series and a watered down version isn't going to get me to try it. The app store is overflowing with watered down games, larger devs need to rise above that.

Now of course it's all speculation, maybe the game will have more to it.

19. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Well I think it's safe to say it definately won't be a 'beta test version'. What you purchase on Wednesday (or not if you don't) will be the final build. The only 'missing parts' will be the additional missions that are released in the update!

20. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    wait its 5 bucks? not 10?