Universal Merchants of Kaidan (by Forever Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I found this guide on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314839826

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012

Thanks a lot for the guide. I'm stuck in the first bit but I love a challenge. This is a hard game. I'm looking forward to updates too.

3. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

This game is a true pearl. It's the best trading-rpg i have seen so far on ios. Played it now for about 6 hours and have only scratched the tip of this iceberg. It's really not that hard. You don't need to be good in math or have to remember anything. Cause you can allways see the complete price-list of all goods for the last 9 visited locations. Of course prices change from season to season. And once you float a location with one good, the market is saturated. So it makes sense not to come back and try to sell more. But all of this makes it more realistic, although it plays in a fantasy world. Also the rpg elements are simple but hard to master. This should get much more attention.

4. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah I've had my eye on this since it launched. Reading that guide definitely helped for insight though. The lack of comments in this thread has kept me from diving in I think. It would seem it either isn't that good or incredibly difficult in a not so fun way. But it's nice to read these impressions, I appreciate it.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

6. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    The reviewer from Pocket Gamer give this one a 5 on 10 score and the conclusion:
    'An interesting mix of trading and role-playing, spoiled by senseless mechanics, lack of variety, and careless execution'.
    I think it is a game which we would like to be good but just falls short on various fronts, pity.

7. Michal.FE

Michal.FE Well-Known Member

There is this review, on the other hand there are others that praise the game. It's just a matter of preference and perhaps this particular reviewed is not really into this type of games.

8. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I would tend to agree with you based on the reviews from other channels i mentioned before but Pocket Gamer is comparable to T.A. in integrity. More impressions from people who actually played the game could shed another light on the game but i'm very doubtfull that so many reviewers didn't do their homework profoundly.

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This is on sale now for .99. At that price I will definitely give it a try.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Missed this when it came out, but looks cool. However, I'm supposed to hire an assistant but can't figure out how. I presume the tavern is the same as the inn, since it has the flashing icon and I don't see an inn. People come and go, but trying to tap on them does nothing.

11. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Am I getting old, or is the UI text really tiny and really hard to read on an iPhone 5? :)

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Seems to be a buggy mess. I had a number of events where things were screwed up, like it said I lost 1 of something when I had actually lost all of it, and similar.

It's a shame, because it seems like there's a good idea underneath.

13. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I have this issue where I always forget to go back and see if someone posted a response to what my dumb ass asks. I think it's because most of the time my thoughts are pointless and stupid so I don't want to actually find out what I should know

14. Cpt.P.Tatoe

Cpt.P.Tatoe New Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Looks great. Any idea how it runs on 5s?