Universal Mercenaries Saga2 (by RideonJapan,Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hadin, Nov 3, 2016.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Yeah, I adjusted too, though it must be maddening on anything smaller than an iPhone 6.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    And just a note, I disagree with the TA review on this one. I can knock it maybe 1 star for controls but if you played enough it's not even that bad. It's just that it could be better. Nothing that makes it into a misleading 3.5 star game. And if it's 3.5 because it's not FFT that's also unfair. There aren't really much strategy games at all that can match up to that. This game actually does it better in a different way as it's a casual version of FFT and doesn't require a huge time sink to get stronger or play a level.

Also someone in the game comments said these games are useless without 1v1 local pvp... seriously... these are primarily SINGLE PLAYER games... *rollseyes*

3. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    There are three series of this game in the Japanese App Store. Global launch was only the second series. And they are often ranked in the Japanese App Store. Of course, reviews are also positive. I hope the rest of the series will be released to the global market.

4. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #64 deresi, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018

I agree. In my personal opinion, his TA review did not seem to give a relative good rating to JRPG style games. In his other reviews, JRPG style games tend to be underestimated. I almost missed this game. But I am glad to discover this game even now.