Memorial Day sales

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by foxmulderino, May 25, 2011.

1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I just finished Sir Charlie tonight and although I think the story, narration and everything about the book itself was absolutely top notch, I had MAJOR problems with the navigation of the story. My daughters would try to interact with the pages and it just didn't work, and the story would chug along, not properly catching up if you had to manually turn a page. It needs some serious bug fixing, but for free I would say jump on it, it's a great quality story that's just a bit buggy right now.

2. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    #102 TheCatsMeow, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Lol that family guy clip does
    Remind me of me sometimes.

I wasn't being too offensive,
    He was sneering down on me because I don't have much knowledge on gaming and or sales, so I took a stab back,
    I wasnt the one pointing out my superior-ty, it was him.
    Besides, these forums are too nice, everyone is nice to everyone else and it creeps me out because the real world isn't like that at all,
    Everyone is catty and b'tchy.. everyone backstabs their best friends and etc,
    So I thought Id bring some realism into this thread as it seemed to unbalanced.
    Everyone helping each other finding good cheap apps? Where on the world do people still help out other human beings on this earth? Unless it's for a tip.

I don't know backtothis from
    A bar of soap so how the hell could I judge his life,
    It was merely a counter-snark to his unprovoked snark.

On another note, good thread. Organized neatly,
    If I hadn't already purchased the games I like out of these on an earlier date id be in game - sale heaven right about now.

After spending a few days on this forum,
    It will change the way I spontaneously buy apps, forever.

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    ^eh what. Yep, lets all be jerks to each other to make the forums more "real". Who likes a place where people are nice anyway.

4. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Braveheart is currently free.

5. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    @Arashi541 - Crime Inc. is not a holiday sale item, it's been free since day one because it's a freemium title.

6. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Can you please collaborate on how this...

...is a stab at you/snark? Backtothis was just making a general statement; the you wasn't targeting anyone in specific. Memorial Day isn't considered a "big" holiday for sales so that was his point. I find it pathetic you took such offense to that :rolleyes:

7. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Yeah I Agree I almost said what backtothis said and it would have been in good humor too. I like that the Touch Arcade forums are so friendly and everyone has a good sense of humor.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @TheCatsMeow - I'm really sorry that the world you live in is so terrible... Mine is a pretty wonderful one. There are some problems, but certainly nothing like what is in yours... maybe you need to try and look at things in the "glass half full" rather than "glass half empty". It's your life, but life is pretty short to waste it being unhappy all the time...

9. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Sorry about that appshopper posted it as a price drop. Ill make sure to remove that! On another note HOUSE OF MICE IS NOW FREE!!!!

10. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    House of Mice is now FREE! :D

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #111 backtothis, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Lol..? "Lol" and "Rofl" are two of the most common "words" you see on text messages and online. I'd say that it's literal less than 1% of the time.

First off, let's just make it clear that I've never waited for a game to go on sale before deciding to buy it. So, um, I probably know less about sales than you? Wow.

Second, I'm pretty sure I didn't even read the names of who made those posts on the first few pages. I really don't care either. I'm always just joking around on TA..

Finally, that last paragraph of your post was just low and embarrassing. Keep your pants on. We don't have f**king basements here in Houston in any case. Come back and shoot me with another one when insulting people you don't know over the internet makes you cool..

And bro, I'm sorry you have no friends nor a life. Just don't think everyone is like you please.

12. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Then again, not many people on TA have lives :p

jk.

*Looks at the ceiling of parents' basement*

13. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    but, eventually, who cares if we have a life or not?
    The destiny of us is written...death is waiting: it's like a lottery and soon or later u and me will be the winner, but for the first time we will not be happy to have won something ... "sad" LOL

14. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Well put my friend

15. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    skee ball went free with FAAD, but worth a mention here

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The Creeps! HD (iPad) and The Creeps! Holiday Edition (Universal) are on sale for 99 cents.

I have played a bit if the iPhone version when it went free for a while and I really loved it so I grabbed both of these. In my few minutes of playing the HD version, the upgrade is well worth it.

17. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Looks like the gameloft sale is over, kinda ironic I never got a chance to buy any of their games that were on sale

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You missed the sale? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha :p

19. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Is the game loft prices screwy for anyone else, I'm seeing two different prices depending on where I'm viewing. I don't want to be charge a higher price. I'm seeing fast five as .99 but when I go to the app descripition I see 4.99? I'm guessing the price change hasn't made its way through apples system yet.

20. PeregrineFalcon

Dec 16, 2010
    #120 PeregrineFalcon, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

Thanks to SirAwesome for getting the ball rolling on the Memorial Day sales thread and Arashi541 for competing with him, by your powers combined you struck many wallets for Massive Damage. :)