Universal Meltdown© - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Aye it was a great game kept me entertained for hours!

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Feels a bit weird to see a sale thread for a game that hasn't worked right in how long? Can't imagine how I'd feel to see a sale on a cool game, buy it, realize it doesn't work, and then discover the developer knew it didn't work when they put it on sale... Yeesh.

DBC

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I wish I read these last pages before I hit the "buy" button, but it's Bulkypix and I like a lot of their games so I hope it's not gonna be that bad as you guys are describing :-/

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, time to delete and rerate in the store... Seems it's the only thing we can do now... Though I doubt it'll make any sort of difference. Better to just add yet another developer to the list of HUNDEREDS to NEVER buy from again and move on to supporting the TOO FEW developers who deserve to be supported...

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I spent almost 2 hours in game yesterday and it was great, I had a lot of fun until I realized you're right about the disfunctional skill tree. I also upgraded my shotgun to the max (level9) and bought a couple of upgrades on my gear but it's not working either. My body armor supposed to increase my ammo by 15% but even when I reset those upgrades, it's still the same. None of upgrades or skills is working properly. I'm disappointed, because it looks so great and I'd be willing to buy coin and xp doubler for additional 2,69€ each, but if the developer doesn't care about the game functionality and claiming "everything works fine", it's just wrong. I'd request a refund but it's just 0,89€ and I don't care.. I'm just disappointed :-/

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You know what you are exactly right. Its like being sold a lemon.

7. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    According to their FB page, the iOS update is coming in January.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    drixz: where did you find out? I just briefly scrolled through their facebook page and didn't find anything except the short news about an update for Steam version available.

9. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    It's kind of hidden in their FB post (needs to click "see more" to view that):

Attached Files:

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    oh, thanks a lot, sounds great!
    I found the post on FB about 50% sale for Meltdown on Steam so I just bought 4-pack for 8,49€ and the skill tree and gear upgrades works flawless there, I played for an hour and I'm already level 38, it's going really fast (it's a pity I can't say the same about the coins).. well, if there's an update in January, I'll definitely play more on iPad, it feels more natural than keyboard+mouse (or controller)
    btw, still 2 copies available if anyone interested in co-op;) I'll trade off for a game from my wishlist on AppStore;)

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hooray! Can NOT wait for PvP

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Does the game work correctly for you? I never reinstalled this coz of the skill issue.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Not yet. I am guessing after the Jan update.

14. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    No January Update, it's February already ###! No Update since August 2014, this is really disappointing.

15. amywong

amywong Member

Jan 29, 2015
    It's barely past January, though. :)

PvP should be really fun. I'm looking forward to it!

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    From official FB page:

"
    Phenomenon Games:
    Rejected by Apple because the new splash screen contains guns. Will update in a month or so when we also get a new update out on all platforms."

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    They really don't care much about this app do they.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Yeah, so maybe wait another month, because this was posted literally yesterday.

19. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    It appears they are mainly focusing on the steam version of the game. Which is sad because this game was definitely a hit. Back in the day there was always 20-50 people playing always able to hop in someone's game and duke it out.

Games been broken since last update. When your skills / talents don't work it's pretty game breaking. Ammo not replenishing is a huge deal.

I really hope they get around to fixing this.

Hope it eventually catches up to the PC version update wise.

I dropped about 10$ to support the devs.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh I played this a lot and really enjoyed it and did those co op games online. Would be nice if it got the same love.