Mekorama

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Martin Magni, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I've never played that but just looked it up and can see what you mean.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #102 ROGER-NL, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    I got the game from Martin, I could not contain myself anymore Ha ha, normally I don't do Beta, but this game seemed like so much fun and it is, played the first 5 levels and I really like it, there is much potential in the level editor, tried it a bit, it's easy to use. I am not so much of a creative person but see what I can do.

So I wanna try some levels of Mr.Bez and The Great Escaper, but my camera only detects levels from The Great Escaper not those from Mr.Bez and also not those of Martin himself, that is weird or not.

I got 6 levels from The Great Escaper gonna try those asap.

Got a level from Mr.Bez, I took a picture of Mr.Bez his level called fore and that worked fine, fun level Mr.Bez.

This game has unlimited potential it seems, great fun.

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    You got me stumped here The Great Escaper, maybe I need to play more of the game levels first Ha ha.

4. Try tapping the picture to view the full size version. If the QR code is too scaled down it won't scan.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh yeah that worked got another level from Mr.Bez, thanks.

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Got two levels of yours Mr.Bez, nicely done, the levels of The Great Escaper are in a league of it's own ha ha.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Glad you got it working. That had me stumped for a little at first, too. The smaller levels seem to use a smaller QR code, so they're easier to scan at lower resolution.

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Got a level clear from The Great Escaper, ha spin cycle must be an easier one.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, one level from you I got via a picture I made with my Ipad from your QR code.

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just played level 12, Tower trough, I think this is great stuff, really great, the levels from Martin himself are the best ones yet, but he is the artist and it shows, cannot think of a level myself yet, think I play the 50 levels first before I try one myself, but don't expect marvelous things, I am just a gamer.

11. Thank you!! :)

And thanks TheGreatEscaper for pointing out that Holo Chess had a shortcut solution. Here's a new improved version where I try to turn the shortcut into a feature. Also, a simplified (?) version of the Sarlacc Pit, which may have a different solution, depending on if/how you solved the last one.

Attached Files:

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Found the new Sarlacc Pit harder than the last one. Took a lot more careful timing than the last one.

New Holo Chess looks alright. Personally, I liked the fact that the old one had more than one way to solve it.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Another level from me. I wanted to build a contraption that reloads itself.

It's not the prettiest level, but I think the idea came off.

Attached Files:

14. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    New sarlacc pit is harder than the first. The main concept of the sarlacc pit levels is creative but I can't help but feel it's a little cheaty xD
    I really like the new holo chess because the level layout looks like it's going to do something and then stops right as the player has formed an expectation of the level.
    Mr. Bez will check your level out.

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Here is my first level:

Attached Files:

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Played the first 20 levels and there super solid no faults there.

It's amazing how much stuff you can make, just trying everything out.

17. I agree, it's harder, but more minimal. My thinking was that by removing all potential confounders (elevators, multiple floors, dark areas that could be doors) it makes the solution seem less "cheaty" because it's the only possible alternative left.

The new one also has multiple solutions, although they all follow the same general pattern.

A mechanical wonder :)

Very cool first level!

Here's my attempt to fix the undesirable property of Double Hammer that you only get one shot at getting down. Better or worse? (Obviously it'll have to be renamed, something wittier than Single Hammer...)

Attached Files:

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    And here my second ha ha, OOPS!!

Attached Files:

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice work Roger!

I had an issue with the new hammer level, in that it took me a few swings to knock the red bots off. By that point, the yellow bot had been knocked off the edge by the hammer without moving him each time, so I didn't have to use the hammer to get down.

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks Mr.Bez OOPS!! was inspired by your level Fore.

Just got the level Double Hammer.