Mekorama

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Martin Magni, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    By the way, that level was inspired by Laputa (Rest In Peace!) but I couldn't work out how to replicate the thing where you tap the doorway and the robot follows the path all the way through and back to the outside. Didn't really impact the level, but what makes him do that?

2. I think I'm too dumb for this one. :p

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    :( I tried to build a few hints into the level. Just keep an eye out for unusual shapes and blocks.

4. I see the unusual shapes and blocks but haven't figured out their purpose yet. Will think about it more and tinker around. :)

5. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Gamezebo gave you a cool review, btw!

6. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    Just got the beta from the developer. I've been playing for 5 minutes and I'm enthralled. It's charming and the artwork is absolutely wonderful. Levels have amazing progression of difficulty, and the level editor ensures you'll have fun even after you've beaten the game. Well done. I'll be paying for this for sure.

7. That is very clever! Loved it!

I took the liberty of turning it for you. I "cheat" using some turning code that mostly works and is bound to some weird keyboard shortcuts. For release it needs to really work and have UI, lots more work, maybe in an update.

It happens automatically when the ceiling height is 2, but doesn't work with stairs.

Attached Files:

8. What a lovely little box! :D

Yes, I'm very happy about that!!

Thanks mckaystites! Glad to hear the first impression works!

I hear you. And I think the problems you pointed out with Pinball Fancy and Basket Ball are even more severe. I guess those two levels are mostly physics gimmicks, might work well for QR code bonus levels?

So, I keep trying to come up with better alternatives. Here are two suggestions. The second one was inspired by Mr Bez' up-and-down level.

Attached Files:

9. I haven't completed it yet because I'm on foot right now and it's not so easy to play that way. ;) but I think I see what I need to do for Holo Chess and I like it.

I would recommend a fast-forward button, though, for the red robot levels.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks for the rotation. Completed both levels. Holo Chess is a solid level.

I felt like getting the block round to the other side of Hammer Time was a bit of a cheat, but I thought the mechanism was really cool.

Just accidentally put a rogue eye into another level I built and can't manage to pause and stop this one in time to prevent the crash. :( I guess I'll hold onto that level for now and try something else.

11. #91 Martin Magni, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Yeah, you can pretty much solve it through visual inspection and mental simulation!

There are two ways to do it.

I have located the bug. It will be fixed in the next TestFlight version. Meanwhile, email me the level and I'll perform some eye surgery on it for you :)

12. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Mr Bez, Code Factory was very nice :)

Holo Chess was good but you don't need to use all of them... there's a shortcut solution. I might make an edit of Holo Chess with a trickier solution.
    Hammer Time was a lot of fun!

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #93 mr_bez, Apr 1, 2016
    Here's today's level! I'm quite pleased with this one. It's not my most challenging level but I think the theme has come together pretty well.

Edit: Minor update for level prettiness!

Attached Files:

14. #94 AppUnwrapper, Apr 1, 2016
    Will try it. Better not be an April Fool's Joke. :p

Edit: Ok, that was pretty cool. :)

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Glad you liked it! Just made a minor tweak to make the hot air balloon rise and fall without a pole, and make the initial landing area nicer. Doesn't affect the gameplay though.

Have you spent any time yet with the editor?

16. Not yet. I'm still making my way through the main levels (and anything that pops up here) and playing some other games. Haven't had a chance to tinker around yet.

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm spending way TOO much time tinkering. I love the sheer range of stuff you can do with just a few building blocks. Here's another level I just knocked up!

Simpler concept, tougher level.

Attached Files:

18. #98 Martin Magni, Apr 1, 2016
    Wow, what a wild ride!

Yes, simple concept. Clever concept!

Yes! I have a big list of planned building blocks, but I'm also still exploring the few blocks that are already there.

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh man, people have lots of fun with this game, too bad I am no Beta tester my fault, how long before release or an estimate.

20. This reminds me of Ghosts of Memories.