Universal Mekorama (by Martin Magni)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, May 14, 2016.

1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Am I correct in assuming Meko is the name of our little yellow robot?

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    a question to the dev. Is the game doing good right now in Appstore?

3. It's #3 overall apps.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    He's called B, according to the developer. I think the title is supposed to be pronounced Mech-o-rama, but I don't think anyone's gonna mind if you want to call him Meko!

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Astounding. Harry Slater at Pocket Gamer apparently "reviewed" this without any mention of the sharing and level editor functionality.

Did he somehow not notice them? Pretty tough to do, even if you didn't look at the App Store description or screenshots, developer website or any other mention of the game anywhere on the internet.

6. #146 AppUnwrapper, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    I honesty have no clue why everyone's comparing it to MV, since the only similarities are that they're both tap-to-move puzzle games and I guess there are sliders and things? But it looks more like Minecraft to me and the level creator only makes me think even more of Minecraft. And of course, no impossible architecture or optical illusions.

I don't think this game is perfect, as I've experienced my own frustrations with the controls, but review it for what it is, not just a side-by-side comparison to a very different game.

Edit: And yes, no mention of the level creator. If MV had one, that would be a slightly different story.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, I read it too, what a load of bullocks he is saying, the level editor is maybe the best thing in this game and he said nothing about it come on, this is misleading, this is not fair, hope TA gives this game a proper review.

8. Btw, others have mentioned to me that they, like me, prefer puzzles that don't require precision. So I'm working on a list of player-made puzzles and splitting them into sections. Anyone have objections to me including their puzzles in it?

9. Hi guys! I'm still reading everything here, just too stressed out to reply. (Wait, isn't this a reply? Well, yes, but not a very useful one. Especially this parenthesis, entirely redundant.)

I have attempted Impuzzible! Alas, it is aptly named. It shall have to be my summer vacation project.

If I had a penny for every time someone said my game was Escher-inspired :p

Will this do?

Attached Files:

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Relax guys, Harry Slater is a ****ing idiot and one of the main reasons Pocket Gamer is pure rubbish. Don't stress out over one of his pathetic reviews.

11. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Sounds like a great plan!

12. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Has anyone run into a problem that the user levels cards are flipped over and not access able? It might that I've downloaded to many and have reached a limit?

13. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    I know that trust me i was more than happy to see it featured too. I mean about the pay model.

14. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    The update fixed the problem as I have accumulated 90 user created levels and before the update about 10 weren't working as it appeared to be the back side of the card!

15. Drope SM

Drope SM Member

Dec 22, 2014
    I do love the game and the puzzle, but The most outstanding thing in here for me is the music. I dont know if everyone noticed, but every time you touch the screen a musical note is added to the melody, making it always unique!
    Seriously? I feel like a piano puzzle solver! As soon as I can I will contribute to this jewell!
    Congrats dev, great game and brilliant work on the soundtracks!

16. chimSIMA

chimSIMA Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Personal Trainer
    Sacramento
    Paid 8 dollars but I'll pay another 8 ASAP because this game is great and the dev deserves it. If you guys can, I suggest you contribute.

17. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    This game gives me the big smiley face. It looks great, is a joy to play and is loaded with crafty puzzles and has the cutest little protagonist. The payment scheme that invites the player to pay what they think the game is worth is a wonderful touch and I hope it encourages good will with many others as it did with me. What helps is that it is truly an awesome game, love it!

18. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    alittle help? how did you find 90 levels? i searched twitter facebook ta forum here and only have 40?

19. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I also used the original TA forum before the game came out where I guess beta testers were also uploading files. I believe some of what I have might also be versions that were still being worked on. The original pre-release TA forum gad 25 pages and has been shut down. Someone on this forum posted a link to that forum as well.

My main sources is this TA forum, Twitter, and FB and the TA user unwrapper webpage.

20. orangefox

orangefox Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Thanks to Martin Magni for absolutely awesome game experience! Spent a few hours with a pleasure.

Also the payment system is very interesting. Paid $2. Hope to see more games from Martin!

And here goes my first level - Poolside. Sorry, no picture, only QR-code (it is enough to load level), i'm on a low bandwidth atm :(

Attached Files: