Universal Mekorama (by Martin Magni)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, May 14, 2016.

1. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thanks for the help. I needed that!
    I never would have figured out in a million years that the turning pipe was an option for the red robot to try and walk on! :(

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Here is a ball level, B-Ball 2184.

Attached Files:

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    No prob! If you have any problem just tell us. We are here to help ;)

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    wow wow wow. Brilliant!

5. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Love your game but you are missing out on a HUGE OPPORTUNITY with these created levels

You need to create a section on your website for people to create user names where they can upload their own levels

For example I would create my username MrGreed and set a photo of my choosing then I can start posting levels

If someone likes my levels they can just click my username and see all my creations

Then on the front page of your site you can have an image gallery and when you click the image it will open up to beautiful full screen gigantic HD images of the levels

Your front page will highlight one (or possibly two - maybe one easy and one hard) level as the LEVEL OF THE DAY

That way every single day of the year, all the members of the community can enjoy one level hand picked by the creator of the game

Users will be able to find other levels easier than going on Facebook and Twitter and will be able to view a GIGANTIC large screen image of the level not the tiny image on facebook/twitter

I love this game, love the art style and the idea of creating your own levels

I really hope you take advantage of the gem you have on your hands and really cater to the fans that are building levels, if you can build a loyal fan base that keeps coming back and keeps making more levels you could have a gigantic hit on your hands

Good luck!

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I agree that have one "go to" place would be awesome... I found a ton on TA, Twitter, and Instagram. The one problem I'm having is not knowing if I DL a user created level... It'll be helpful to "warn us" that we already have the level DL.... This will get more and more important as many of us will DL levels when we find them and play them when we have a chance but this means forgetting or not knowing if we already DL a level or not.

Please consider adding the warning if we already have the file saved etc...

7. AdmiralApp

AdmiralApp Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Its working for me. What error are you seeing?

8. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Probably because the link is misspelled in the post. Should be www.mekoramaforum.com

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Great link! Now with multiple sources we truly need the app to warn of us duplicate user created levels as I have over 125 levels but am sure I have several duplicates...?

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am outraged by Pocketgamer review. Bizarre what they did.

11. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #191 mzinn, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    +1 Pretty unfair. How about a review of the game on its own merit first then do any comparison pieces you want after.

12. msdefy

msdefy New Member

May 24, 2016
    help needed

Hi, can I have a hint for flagpole pls?
    Solved plank, gridlock and turbine. No luck for flagpole even after swinging B onto the forever-alone pole.

one has not truly played mekorama if they have yet solved impuzzible. ;)

13. kell_kao

kell_kao New Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Great game!I like it.

14. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    The intended solution for flagpole has two steps...
    First you'll want to get the bot down from the top.
    You'll have to use the flag as a 'blocker' so that rotating the twisty platform will cause your bot to drop down onto the columns below.
    Now you'll need to get to the stairs! But the part of the twisty platform that goes to the stairs is inaccessible... or not?
    The flag will have to come all the way down, and will act as a 'blocker' again such that rotating the twisty platform will push the bot from one 'arm' to the other, which can access the stairs.
    Hope this helps!:)

15. msdefy

msdefy New Member

May 24, 2016
    Thanks for the hint!
    Was a lil disappointed because he needs to fall down aka 1/2 dodgy :x
    . Nevertheless, I love the effort you put into all your puzzles. Especially the puzzle boxes! I personally enjoyed Magic Box the most. Looking forward to more levels from you that requires thinking-challenges, without all the "timing and electricity attacks".

PS: Huge thank you to all level creators and Mr Martin for the game! :D

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #196 ROGER-NL, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Made a new level, can't stop ha ha, I had stopped after my bad level called Pool-Police, I was sick about that bad level, but I am back, B keeps me pulling in.

I am gonna play through the whole game again when the Achievements kick in, no pressure.

Great TA review, the one the game deserves.

Attached Files:

17. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I took time out of my day to respond to that article. Totally ridiculous. It has to be an attempt at an Onion article. The rest of the site over there seems quite positive on it.

Mekorama is amazing. My 5 and 6 year olds love it and so do as an old mann :D Id love to see some more toys for the creation tools, like a robot that turns left or beelines at the player, etc. Or the ability to have the robot grab things, like an arm or block, etc. But the game is so complete it is completely unnecessary.

18. Glad you noticed! I had an entirely different music system that I wasn't happy about. Finally I decided to rewrite it completely. The current system is very much inspired by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers' Bloom.

Very cool! And I just love the idea of build challenges!

While I agree, there are a number of reasons why I didn't do this.

Anyway, I had high hopes for the Facebook page, but it turns out that Facebook's interface is a mess and seems to confuse everyone, me included.

Someone mentioned mekoramaforum.com. This fan site has most of what you asked for and I use it myself every day!

Another new mechanic! Very creative :)

Thanks guys! I wouldn't mind the PocketGamer review at all, if not for the fact that it's going to pull the MetaCritic score down (in the event that I manage to get one at all).

I'm very proud that TouchArcade finally published their review! And the score is really perfect because it improves on Odd Bot Out's score yet leaves a little room for improvement with my next game ;)

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Here is a new level I just made:

Attached Files:

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male