Universal Meka Hunters (MekaRoyale Online)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IllogicalGames, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    #1 IllogicalGames, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    An apology to the players of MekaRoyale Online
    Last year, i released a game called MekaRoyale Online. sadly upon release, i encountered a lot of problems with the game due to my own mistake for not testing the game properly. i lose nearly all of my players on the very first day of release due to a failed login system. But i persist, after the failed launch, i continuously updated the game and fixed every bug that i found.

i constantly updated the game and made the game a lot better now. after nearly a year of update to revive the dead game, i figured that i couldn't revive the game anymore even though a lot of effort was put into it. so i decided to redo the launch all over again, with a brand new name, "Meka Hunters".

For all the loyal players of MekaRoyale Online, fret not as all your progress will be carried over to the new game along with any IAPs that you have spent on MekaRoyale Online.

reference to the old MekaRoyale Online thread
    reference to the old TouchArcade article

INTRODUCING MEKA HUNTERS

MekaRoyale Online revamped!
    • Experience meka battles closer to your screen. I've changed the view from the top down perspective to third person perspective. Now actions are closer to you.
    • New pilot gear system. I've removed the old pilot xp system and replaced it with a whole new gear system. This new system allows you to customize your pilot with different skills by equipping gears. Gears are classed into 3 type which can activate a certain skills if a certain condition are met. But be careful, not all unlocks are good. there are also penalties, so bear that in mind.
    • Whole new mission objective. I've changed how the mission works in this update. Now missions are more fun.
    • New Battle Royale map update. Now the map has been redesigned and rebalanced to support the new third person view perspective.
    • New Biome. Introducing whole new biome to explore in mission mode. In Battle Royale mode, experience different section with different biome setting.

MRO is made with "Game as a service" in mind and it will continue to grow. It is now have evolved into something different from it was originally designed. I would've never made it this far without the continuous support from you guys. So, thank you for your support and i will make sure to provide more quality content in the future as long as you guys support me.

Game description

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

A Battle Royale games with brutal progression system.

Meka Hunters is a 12 players battle royale which winners get to keep their MEKAs and losers will have their MEKAs permanently destroyed. Losers start the next match as pilot and can work together with other pilots to take down MEKAs first, or take this opportunity to kill other pilots. Progression persists between battles and losing a game will cost you everything you've earned. The only way to keep your MEKA is by staying alive.
    Meka Hunters is a casual but competitive battle royale third person shooter games set in a futuristic future with mechs.

Enter the "Kill Zone", battle other pilots leaving but only one survivor. Upon winning a match, player is rewarded with credits which can be used to buy a MEKA or upgrade one if they've already owned one.
    But be careful, deaths in Meka Hunters is permanent. Which means player lose everything when they die including credits and MEKAs. MEKA is a powerful tool but its hard to keep. Play carefully or you will lose everything.
    Meka Hunters is a free to play games with no micro transaction required to progress. Player will be given options to buy skins but its not affecting the gameplay whatsoever.

The game is now available for pre-orders on the AppStore

The game is set to release on Nov 13, 2019
    your beta feedback is highly appreciated
    Testflight beta link here

2. William11011

William11011 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Male
    Uk
    I’ll test this

3. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Thanks william. i will let you know when the testflight is available.

4. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014

see how the new pilot gear system work. now you can customize your pilot's active and passive skills. just match the requirements to activate certain skills that you want.

5. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014

In mission mode you are rewarded with loots which can be used to improve your pilot both in single player mode and in battle royale mode

6. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
  7. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    I’m installing the beta now, it looks pretty cool :)

8. Sally_XH

Sally_XH Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Female
    China
    I have a global mobile game community, do you have the interest to implement the community tool and collect players' feedback? Hope I could help.

9. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Thanks Cooper04,
    You have been very supportive since the first post.
    What do you mean?

10. Sally_XH

Sally_XH Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Female
    China
    What do you mean?[/QUOTE]
    https://sdk.wegamers.com/ it is the website. The community has two versions: in-game embedded one and the app client, and we have many game lovers in it.

"Meka Hunters" has a good action gene with strategy, we are willing to help you to share it to our players for free.

If you embedded our community tool in the game, it will create a bridge between you and players in your game and at our community. Easy talk, quick feedback.

You could google WeGamers and do some researches to decide whether you need us.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Uh oh, the preorder version seems to have disappeared from the AppStore just a couple days before the planned release.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #12 Royce, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    So this still appears to be happening. They posted a new trailer a few weeks ago, and there’s a Google Play early access version as well as a TestFlight build you can download. It’s nearly 2 months old but I guess that means it’s stable? Anyway here’s the latest trailer:

For a game that will rely on having a solid player base to succeed it worries me how bad they are at PR and community engagement even prerelease, but I hope it all works out.

13. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    new youtube trailer

14. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I decided to cancel the release at the very last moment. Its because the game felt wrong and i didn't find satisfaction in the old version. So i decided to cancel the release and reworked the game back from scratch. After several changes, now Meka Hunters has been revamped and its now an .io game. i decided the game is much better to be an .io game rather than a battle royale.

Prior to the release, I was contacted by Google and they offered me a featuring opportunity on 3 categories
    1. New Releases
    2. New and Updated Collection
    3. Indie Corner
    The feature will take place on the 3rd of April. so be sure to check your android and download the game on that date.

As for IOS, i didn't receive any featuring opportunity so i'll just release it now.

The game is now available for download here

The new game description
    Meka Hunters is a casual Online Third Person Shooter game with mechs. Player controls a MEKA which can be leveled up INFINITELY until he dies. Player gets a random upgrades everytime he leveled up and can get pretty powerful when he reached a high level. Player drops all their XP to be collected by other players when they die.

It's a "survival of the fittest" where the weak gets killed and the strongest will stay.. until he was also defeated. "Survival of the fittest" almost sounds like a battle royale game but it has a slightly different rule of Battle Royale; Instead of fighting to be the last one standing, player fights to get the highest score possible until they die. And instead of waiting until the last man standing, a new player will join in the arena once a player is eliminated. Ensuring the arena is always full of players. Get the highest score and stay for as long as you could.

Player limit for each room is 12. But player will notice that there might be some bots among the players. The bots is there to assist players to get score by killing them and to fill in the empty slots if there is not enough players.

Meka Hunters is a casual game and the control is very easy to understand. It's so easy that you can even play it while in bed. Unlike most shooters, vertical turning is disabled in Meka Hunters. By removing the Y-axis control, player does not need precision aiming to shoot. it made the game a lot easier and casual for everyone.

No player advantage in multiplayer. Everyone is equal and no amount of money can buy player powers. The IAPs sold in game is cosmetics only and there is no IAPs that can give player powers over other players making the game fair for everyone.

15. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014