Universal Meganoid 2017 (by Orangepixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 30, 2017.

1. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #101 nkx, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    The highest I made it was 2-1 love the game but very hard! Like almost like ghouls and goblins frustration of one hit death.

2. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I haven't downloaded this yet, just missed the sale by 30 minutes apparently, but several of the other OrangePixel games aren't loading Game Center on my iPhone 6 + on 9.3os. I'm assuming this wouldn't load either...

3. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Yea this too. It's also happening on google play with the same particular games: Heroes of loot 1 and 2 Gunslugs 1 and 2 and space grunts. The weird thing is, it's working for some people. It sucks the worst in space grunts and Gunslugs 2, because I can't upload a daily run high score now :/

4. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Is there a boss at the end of this like spelunky?

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Please fix xbox 360 controller support on iMac Steam

6. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Agh got over the hump and the game feels so good now. Really tough and fun!

7. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

some more info on what the problem is could help.. also might be better asking about steam version on www.orangepixel.net/forum since this is mostly for the iOS/mobile version :)

8. childermass

childermass Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Does anyone else have a major problem with the D-Pad? Is it part of the difficulty?

9. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Are you being touched by one of the critters? If so they reverse the dpad

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Man I was going to pick this up yesterday but it looks like the sale didn't last through the whole day.

11. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Reading the game's description alone, makes this a definte buy for me. I'm excited to start this thang up!

12. orangepascal

good news, found the cause of Gamecenter bugging out (yay!)
    will push an update soon (1.4 got some changes,fixes and improvements, also rebalancing difficulty in world 3)

I'll also push updates to my other games for the Gamecenter thing ;)

13. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Yyyyyyyeeeeeesssss Thanks alot!

14. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I think I like Space Grunts better than Meganoid -- this game is more fast-paced but also feels like it punishes you for moving quickly. I feel like 1/2 of my deaths/HP losses come from spikes offscreen or lasers/turrets that I only see midjump just as they fire.

I know that I just need to be more careful. =P I like the Metroidvania quality to it, though. I've gotten as far as 3-3, but the electricity and rockets are *fierce* when they start adding up.

15. orangepascal

Space Grunts is a totally different beast tho :p

as for the world 3 difficulty, the incoming update (1.4) makes a few changes. Electricity (crawlers) will move slower by default (and even slower if you have the Hack activated) and there are a few less of them moving around. Think it changes the balance for the better, but we'll see :)

16. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    The jetpack damn near breaks the game lol.

17. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Was really looking forward to buying this game and supporting the developers but wondering why a price increase already?

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The original price was an "early bird" sale price. Always planned on going up.

19. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Ahh ok thx..my loss as I missed the early bird sale.

20. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I think the touch controls are pretty bad. Almost unplayable because of the precise movement needed to avoid death. Mfi controls are better but the button mapping is a little weird. I also don't agree with certain design choices of the placement of certain traps that lead to unseen & unfair deaths. I like the aesthetic, but most of the dev's games use this kind of look. I guess it's his signature design which ok I guess, but maybe try something that stands out a little more diffently for each game. All-in-All it's ok. Its just getting a little tedious playing when I'm constantly dying from falling & landing on spikes that I didn't know were there or getting zapped by a laser beam trap from above that I couldn't see.