Universal Meganoid 2017 (by Orangepixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 30, 2017.

1. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    How ironic it is that, under your comment, someone is complaining about touchscreen controls ;)

2. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

can't please everyone!

3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012

Hey Billy!!!
    I asked on the forum where you were!?!?
    You had me worried!
    Where were you???
    Haven't seen you here in a while!

Thought I would see you in the death road to Canada thread!

4. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    I've been looking for a great platformer. Do I need to be online for this?

5. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Nope

6. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Dont get me wrong as I like your other games, and will probably buy this ;)

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    The only thing that keeps me from buying this is icloud support. They/he are great devs already bought heroes of loot 2 but judging from it icloud is never gonna come. Anyway i wish you luck guys you sure can make quality games.

8. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I really like this game! Awesome in every way.
    I'm pretty sure this game was made by Satan himself in the bowls of hell to make me suffer. Damn it's hard!!!!

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #49 Qwertz555, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    As usual an instabuy for me...

My most difficult Orange game to get into (i own all). And it is difficult, specially when you rush in. Result: i die, i die and i keep dying. Ouch!
    Lots of stuff to find and use, easy to keep going and get better and further. My curiosity is very alive...

Each to his own...
    While i love the cave-y sfx ambience, i'm missing quite a few other sfx sounds like gathering coins, teleporting, some foes squashing sounds, etc.
    Just saying, i absolutely don't miss an always boing-boing-jumping sound. Many Devs don't get this done right anyways, imho. I rather would have waited another month or so, it just feels not complete and a bit lifeless.

Looking very forward to the (hopefully) next few updates. Good luck, Pascal!

Edit: Gamecenter doesn't work for me. Iphone 7, version 10.3. Any other game logs me in normaly.

10. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    About respawning, I fell into a long row of spikes and respawned there every time, couldnt get out.

11. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

you mean you have no sound-effects? cause there are a lot of them for most things in the game. Have you checked the settings if sfx-volume is maybe set to 0 for some reason?

gamecenter will probably always remains a problem for unknown reasons.. it works on all my tests without problems, and there is literally close to no-code involved. Do you have the "leaderboard" option in the game stats/data menu?

12. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012

When you exit the app or get a phone call then come back you lose the SFX.
    Music stay though.
    You have to force quit and reload the app.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks for your quick answer, Pascal.

My settings were ok. I re-dl the game and there seem to be more sounds. Also, i hear the coins now. That's right that there is no sound feedback on all menu buttons? I like having those.

I see them both. Achievements gives me no feedback at all, leaderboard says "not connected". Again, all my other games log in (sign on top) immediately when opening. Log out and in to my account didn't solve it either.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Game is brutal but a must have for any platforming fan.

Had some initial issues with the controls but I think it was more just me getting used to the difficulty and understanding the level layouts.

Fantastic job Pascal!

15. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I'm in the sidelines about this one. There's fun and then there's brutal frustration. Not sure about buying it if it's brutal.

16. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    I felt in the same boat. It seems no harder than many games of the sort. If you like games like splunky or even games like binding of issac you will like this! I personally am digging it. Haven't played far yet but I'll keep it up

17. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This is my favorite orange pixel game so far.

18. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #58 yankeeblue000, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Agreed, but I've only played 3 other ones

19. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Leaderboards and achievements aren't working for me. Also the database is wonky. The database for items require you to tap the back button before selecting another item, whereas the other databases allow you to tap something else without having to tap back.

20. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Bad ass surprise! I've been playing it on my kids Pixel for the last couple weeks. It's fantastic. You shouldn't expect anything less from OrangePixel.