Universal Mega Tank (By Game Gardeners)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zombieland, May 26, 2016.

1. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Stating the obvious....but it's great being able to switch weapons between levels. Once you have a range of weapons and kinda remember what type of enemies are coming up or of its a boss level - you can tweak your load out ready for it.

2. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Possible sound bug. Sometimes If a phone call interrupts the game, the sound seems to be disabled when you go back into the game.

It's happened to me 3 times, but not every time.

Quitting the app and re-launching seems to do the trick. Just means finishing the game without sound before doing that.

Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

3. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    One other bug but not sure of what conditions cause it. Sometimes in armoury, all the weapon slots are empty and the game is frozen.

Have to quit app and re-launch. Only happened a handful of times.

Still loving the game, have a fully maxed tank except for a level or two of armour. Maxed flamethrower and maxed shotgun are good, combined with maxed trident shotgun. And then maxed MRSL on top, ridiculously good and satisfying.

I tend to go manual with the trident shotgun as its a beast.

Not sure I'll get a whole lot further as I've only got armour to upgrade left. Well, that as well as all the other weapons. Maybe at max level I'll find some other combos to go with.

I suppose I've over-played it if anything. Looking forward to new levels or game modes, maybe a boss mode, some new weapons, or more upgrade levels for the current weapons.

Until then, I'm still enjoying the game, will try and collect everything!!!

4. Bivis

Bivis Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Mobile App and Game Developer
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I was waiting for it!
    Downloading it now!

5. zombieland

zombieland Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    K-Dog! Thanks again for the love and comments. Made our day to see you are progressing and enjoying the upgraded weapons!

-Great tip on the swapping of weapons between checkpoints. A lot of people don't notice that but it does matter. Some weapons re better for air, some better for ground, some better with heat, some better for 'insect' (the Toxic Avenger upgraded for example crushes the spider enemies that jump). Smart users will swap weapons to maximize distance and reduce damage.
    -Didn't know about the sound bug. Thank you! We will try to find that.
    -Some tips on what to do as you get towards that 'I collected it all' feeling.
    *Distance is hard to achieve and the real challenge. So Battle 2 and 3, start to get very hard as the difficulty ramps (the difficulty of the game ramps up after you kill a boss. So Checkpoint 11 of any Battle is much harder than Checkpoint 1 was) The game starts adding more enemies, more HP to them, causes more damage. Killing those bosses multiple times is difficult. (Being top of the Leaderboard is not easy at this point)
    *Everyplay videos. Honestly once you have the cool weapons and can get to the cool battles easily making cool videos with the weapon combinations is a blast. The users haven't even really gotten to sharing the really epic stuff yet. Just a few videos of upgraded tanks being shared, so there is still plenty to show people in those replays. (would love to see some of the combinations you are running and how you are handling Battle 3 with those.)

As always thanks for you feedback! We really appreciate it!

6. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Bivis!

Excellent and thank you for the download! Please let us know what you think as we are open for feedback and suggestions! Hope the wait was worth it!

7. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Boss Fight vs. Mega Robo-Chicken

https://everyplay.com/videos/29722792

This is one bad bird... for sure. Mega Robo-Chicken is the boss of Battle 1: Bot City.
    This player turns him into chicken nuggets...

If you are sharing videos we want to see more advanced weapons, advanced play videos. No one has shared the fight with Helzacopter yet at the end of Battle 3!!

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  9. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Sorry about that!! Thanks for moving the post!!! (didn't realize the contest forum was there!)

10. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Update on the way...

We are working on an Update that fixes a few bugs!! It is in test now and we should submit by Monday!

Users who bought the Autogun didn't get the achievement for it. So we have fixed that.

The portraits of bosses didn't appear properly in the Battle menus when they were killed, so we also fixed that.

We have a potential fix for the 'zero health' bug where Mega Tank respawns with no health (and then dies as soon as they get hit). If you see it after this next Update, please let us know.

The most important bug we fixed was including the Mini-Gnat enemy properly in the game. Battle 2, the Electrolotus Jungle should have these enemies in it. (a small helicopter with unique AI) The game will get harder when they are re-included for sure. This bug caused them not to be filled in in the Battle menu and also blocked some of the Missions from be accomplished. For you "completionists" out there this fix is on the way!!!

Please let us know if you see other issues and we will try to address them!

Thanks again to all of our fans!

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Will you be adding the double currency in app purchase?

I love this game. I've been playing everyday.

Billy

12. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    We are looking at a list of possible features and inclusions in future updates, and that list includes the 'Scrap Doubler'. It's definitely on the short list so we'll hopefully get to include it soon!

Other features on the possible list are:
    -Daily Battles
    -New Decorations
    -New Battle
    -New Artist Boss Battles
    -End of Game Rewards

Will let you know here as we make some decisions on our updates!

Thanks again for the love of the game! We really appreciate it!

13. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Update 1.1.2 has been released.

List of fixes here..
    - Fix for Zero Health Respawn Bug.
    - Mini Gnat attack helicopter properly added to Battle 2 and 3.
    - Fix for Autogun Achievement.
    - Other minor bug fixes.

Link to game here...
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/mega-tank/id642455094?mt=8

We are working on Android version, and will update everyone when we have a new release date for that version!

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Thankz Zombieland

#CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS#

Here's a lil hint:

Claw Prize Mini Game

1. Collect multiple gold gears 1zt when/if you see them

2. Try to remember your Conglomerate parts

3. Move around till you see a red pointing arrow

15. monetarydread

monetarydread Member

Sep 26, 2012
    So how do you play this game? My tank died, so I am now forced to play a crane game or start over again without any health? I just don't understand, you know, at first I could just use a health recharge item (for 300 scrap, Christ that's expensive) but the game doesn't let me buy them between rounds.

In case this is just a bug, I am playing the most recent version on an iPad Mini 4

16. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Good hints and tips!!!! Thanks!!!

17. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Monetarydread-

Are you having an issue where you restart the game and the tank has -zero- health? If so that is indeed a bug and one we thought we fixed in the latest Update. Please confirm if you can!! If it is happening, just hard quit the app and start it over. It will fix it and your tank will have health. Sorry for any inconvenience with that issue if it is what is happening to you!!

You should be able to buy health recharge items if you have enough scrap for them. We haven't seen that bug where you can't buy in between rounds. (if you can get a screenshot of it where you have 300 scrap and can't buy the health please post it for us!! We would want to see the state your tank is in when it occurs!)

The 300 scrap per health ends up being much cheaper than the repair cost. (it's a balance issue in the player's favor actually as the game progresses!!)

Thanks again for downloading and playing the game! We appreciate it.

18. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Update 1.1.5

New update is out.

-Fix to Gatcannon muzzle flash graphic issue on restart
    -Fixes to Mission system
    -Fix for Everyplay Update message

Will post a breakdown of the Mission system tomorrow so you can be sure if you have completed all of them!!

Keep on crushing...

19. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #Awesome#
    Thank You Very Much Zombieland & Game Gardeners

20. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Mission System

Our mission system is not the clearest or most exposed part of our game. So we wanted to post something here to explain how the system works overall.

We also want to see if anyone has gotten to the higher levels of the Mission Rankings. (please post shots of your Profile menu with the rank at the top showing how far you have gotten.)

Missions:
    There are 98 total Missions in the game.

Completed missions rewards Stars.
    Missions can reward from one to three Stars each.
    Usually the reward size corresponds with difficulty of the mission.
    Missions fall under 4 categories: Destruction, Collection, Survival and Distance.

Destruction has 58 Missions.
    Collection has 15 Missions.
    Survival has 21 Missions.
    Distance has 8 Missions.

There are 25 Ranks for Mission completion.
    To complete the ranks, the player has to collect an increasing number of Stars to proceed to the next ranking. The player needs 211 Stars total to complete the Ranking to the top ("GOLDEN").

Rank List:
    1. RECRUIT - 3 STARS
    2. TIN FOIL - 4 STARS
    3. RAMBLER - 4 STARS
    4. SCRAPPER - 5 STARS
    5. DAMAGER - 5 STARS
    6. MANGLER - 6 STARS
    7. CRUSHER - 6 STARS
    8. TANKER - 7 STARS
    9. SMASHER - 7 STARS
    10. SOLID STEEL - 8 STARS
    11. DEMOLISHER - 8 STARS
    12. DESTROYER - 9 STARS
    13. OBLITERATOR - 9 STARS
    14. VAPORIZER - 9 STARS
    15. REAPER - 9 STARS
    16. GRINDER - 10 STARS
    17. DEATH METAL - 10 STARS
    18. COLOSSUS - 10 STARS
    19. FIRE BREATHER - 10 STARS
    20. STEEL TITAN - 11 STARS
    21. DESOLATOR - 11 STARS
    22. ATOM SMASHER - 12 STARS
    23. APOCALYPTOR - 12 STARS
    24. DEATH FROM ABOVE - 12 STARS
    25. GOLDEN - 12 STARS

We are working on the new Unity/Android version and it will expose/record these missions more clearly and reward the user for completing them with Scrap and/or Golden Gears. Mega Tank 2 on iOS will likely also have these features.

Looking forward to seeing how far people progressed in the mission system.