Universal Mega Tank (By Game Gardeners)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zombieland, May 26, 2016.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    YES!!! Everyplay, Thank You!
    !!!#BATTLE#!!!

2. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Awesome game!

I've deleted and re-installed so I could start again. Originally bought mortar and trident shotgun. Trident shotgun is really good, nice spread of bullets and relatively quick.

However, wanted to restart and not buy mortar and also wanted to go with that free flaming arrow gun. Will grind with that for a bit and unlock next stack hopefully.

Video ads are ok. Some don't actually play and I get a black screen for a few seconds, but I still get the 100 scrap.

Robot arm slot machine thing is good. When I first played it, I was oblivious to the things I was aiming for and thought it was random so I literally just pressed the button (and wasted 7 tokens!). Now I realise what you have to aim for and get something every time!

Glad the notes have been posted in an earlier post now by the Devs, much appreciated.

Overall, a really satisfying game and yes the art-style is very cool too. Could have done with a tutorial and better in-game notes up front. Hopefully that doesn't put off people who don't persevere.

Mega tank is mega so far!!!

3. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Running on iPhone 5SE, looks and goes well. Text is small but clear.

4. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    New chassis upgrade was 4000 credits - this was the first upgrade.

Next one will cost 20000!!!

5. zombieland

zombieland Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist

K-Dog!!

Thank you for taking time to play the game and give it a review here! We appreciate both the kinds words and feedback. Makes our day to see people enjoying the game!

Let us know if you have any concerns and more feedback as you play. I'm interested to hear what you think of the bosses. Getting past Battle 2 to the Not-So Mega Tank is hard enough, but Battle 3 to get to the Helzacopter is a chore even with a 3 stacked tank. (have to approach that run with a lot of firepower, all the weapon slots armed and upgraded a bit, and the autocannons.)

Let us know if you share some Everyplay videos as well. The replays can be fun to create and watch for sure!

Thanks again and look forward to hearing more from you as you play!

6. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Yes... once you have the 2nd stack and stronger weapons, earning scrap becomes far easier. The 2nd Battle produces a pretty large amount so if you just go for 'no repair' distance runs in there a few of them will earn you some large chunks of scrap.

That first upgrade is really meant to give you some room to breathe and play with different weapon variations. The 3rd stack is a game changer b/c it adds the 2nd Autogun slot and the 3rd weapon slot, and starts to make the game very easy in Battle 1. Easier in Battle 2, and makes Battle 3 'possible'.

Looking forward to hearing what combinations of weapons you are enjoying now that you have a 2nd stack!

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Has everything I want in a game

8. dalianor

dalianor Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Montréal, Québec
    Had good hopes for the game but I keep encountering some very annoying things...

- having difficulties collecting lucky drops. I tap them many times and they just end up flashing and disappearing. Same with scrap that is too far from my tank that disappears before I roll over.. A little annoying

- the fire gat weapon, the green targeting points one place and it shoots another where it was last aiming.

Progressing is extremely painful. Scrap reward is very small compared to requirements for upgrade. And it's hard to get past checkpoint 4 without boosts.

Saved scrap to buy laser thinking it'd make things easier, nope..

I admit I rage deleted the game... May get it reinstalled in future depending on update content.

9. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Dalianor... some quick notes about comments.

-Lucky Scrap and Scrap are collected automatically. If you see them 'going off screen' that means you collected them. The scrap goes to your scrap inventory and lucky scrap automatically collected to your inventory as well. You don't have to manually tap to collect it.

-Gat Cannon aiming. Yes, there is known aiming issue there where the aimer seems to be going a different direction than where you are currently aiming it. Most users just re-aim it to where they want to target it.

-Laser is pretty good weapon. If you are using it to kill those infantry and then later (Checkpoint 4 as you said) you get it firing at the air enemies it usually can take down most of them. If you aim it around properly it will destroy even the heavier enemies like the Fat n Slows that start to come after CP 4.

-Did you try the free Flaming Arrow Gatcannon? It's first upgrade is very cheap (buying it is free to begin with) and the 2nd level version is pretty deadly against most of the Battle 1 enemies.

-Yes, using power-ups in combination with the weapons is indeed the key to progressing a little further. The biggest upgrades you can do for Battle 1 and to eventually 'crush' it are the 2nd level Stack of tank, the Body upgrade, level 2 sawblade, and the free Flaming Arrow (and then upgrading it to Level 2). Once you have the 2nd level stack tank earning scrap is pretty easy. Even grinding Battle 2, 2-3 checkpoints at a time will give you large amounts of scrap.

Definitely give it another try armed with the new knowledge. We are sorry you rage deleted and of course want you to have more fun with the game! Let us know if our suggestions made it a little better for you!

Thanks again for the feedback!!

10. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Finally unlocked the top stack, so now have 2 auto guns plus 3 turrets...being default gun, the flaming free gun and the trident shotgun. And got ground weapon as the flamethrower.

Definitely worth the grind, much more options and look forward to trying other combos. Not sure what to save for :-(

Tried that gun you collect pieces for. Mixed feelings. Firstly it's awesome, big damage and damage. But low ammo, so it's prob useful to save for bosses...but then it's occupying a space and lying dormant until you unleash it, so it won't feature regularly on my mega tank.

11. disjustice

disjustice New Member

May 29, 2016
    I don't understand how to advance in this game. First attempt I made it to the third or fourth checkpoint before I died. Now whenever I hit retry I spawn with 0 health and die again instantly.

12. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Ok, have put mega gat on my middle tier, pretty good - and does what you imagine, just a beefed up version of the normal gun.

Have got Howitzer on top. It lobs a canister and then explodes into little bomblets so hits a good spread. Not massive damage, but a few upgrades should help of course. Would recommend trying something else before getting this.

Still got trident shotgun, can't seem to part with it. Great power, spread, but range limited so not sure if it hits the bosses enough. But it makes mince meat of ground and air so I think I'll stick with it.

Anyone else tried any other guns?

Happy shooting!

13. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Question regarding golden cogs.
    Are they only used for upgrading the auto guns?

14. roderick

roderick New Member

May 30, 2016
    On 2nd stage, tips so far

Power-up is dirt-cheap and OP.
    - Double-scrap is 100 only, use it when it says "Wave approaching".
    - Insta-heal is 300, cheaper than repairing anything beyond 50%

For Area guns
    - The Trident is a must-buy.
    - 4-gauge is a weaker version of Trident and very short range. Maybe few upgrades?
    - Lightning Gun and AA require tapping to work.
    - Heat-ray is ok, but I don't have laser to compare them.

Dev, I'd agree with others in purchasing a permanent double scrap for this awesome game.

15. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Disjustice!

You have run into a nasty bug there. It is supposed to restart with full health so you can run again. If you know how to hard quit the App, please do and start over. It will relaunch with proper health and you will be able to roll again!!

We are trying to find the steps to reproduce that issue and squash it. I personally had seen it but so uncommon I thought we had fixed it!

Again sorry you ran into that issue. Hopefully you can get it running again and get back to smashing robots!

-Al

16. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    #36 zombieland, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    They are used for getting Lucky Scrap if you need it (buyable in the actual crane game using the Golden Gears).

They are used on the Autoguns like you said.

Usable to collect that Machine Gun Nukinator automatically.

Also usable to upgrade the Nukinator. (saw your comment in previous post regarding it's strength/usefulness. Upgrading it to Level 3 or 4 makes it pretty insanely deadly. doesn't give you more ammo though so you are right that you have to use it for punching through hard areas in certain levels. I use it for the checkpoints where I know things get hectic.)

And they are used on some weapons at higher levels:
    Level 2, 3 and 4 of MLRS
    Level 3 and 4 of Lightning Gun, Pizza Roller
    Level 4 of Facepuncher and Flaming Arrow

17. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Roderick!

Thanks for the 2nd stack review with added weapons. Sounds like you're finding the right combinations of stuff. And power-up advice is sound.

Heard everyone loud and clear re: the scrap doubler. Great idea and makes for an easy IAP if we want to include it!

Let us know what you think of the bosses after you get a chance to fight them.

Thanks again and keep on rolling until the treads fall off!!

18. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    MLRS is really cool.
    Bit pricey to begin, but worth it I reckon. Shoots a shower of 50 mini missiles, good spread and range too, looks great.
    Only trade off is re-load time, but it's not that bad. I'd recommend over the Howitzer for sure.

19. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Maxed out trident shotgun = awesome!!!

20. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    MLRS upgraded once = really great.
    50 missile shower becomes 150. Haven't counted, but it looks that many - a noticeable upgrade.

Can't wait to do next upgrade when I've accumulated 15 more cogs.

Fully upgraded mega gat is ok, but will swap with something else. With full trident and upgraded MLRS, that gives massive coverage and damage, so will experiment with another direct or area or indirect.

Keep grinding people! Or take a short cut and purchase a pack! Definitely worth sticking with and opening up the 3rd stack.

I've maxed out the 2 x auto guns, they seem very underwhelming. I guess they are there as a last line of defence, but they are too weak. Shame there aren't more options for these auto gun positions. Maybe an update in the future? :)