Mega Man X $4.99 --> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Master Shake, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Crazyname

Crazyname Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Also, I wish people would mentally separate originals from tributes. U can't make the same game original more than one time. After its initial release where it is original it's originality dies with it, all other copies are tributes. Treat it for what it is, if u want snes play snes. Time passes and it is impossible to live in the past

2. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Grabbed it, at the very least, it's a great Platformer to have on the iPad even if it doesn't live upto Megman standards like some players seem to complain.

3. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    As a huge retro fan, which is a better game to grab right now? Mega Man II or Megan Man X?

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    On iOS? X. On anything else, (arguably) MMII. II's controls are abysmal.

5. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yes, on iOS. I tried the lite of II and didn't think they were that bad, definitely not perfect though... I'm just not a huge fan of backtracking in games and the 'updated graphics' in X. But if it's definitely the better game then I'll definitely grab it on sale.

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I enjoyed MM II on iOS actually, the controls are tricky but you can get used to them and its fun as hell once you do, having said that I think X is the superior game between these two.

7. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    coughChronoTriggerFFetalcough

still, I agree :p.

8. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    visual 'upgrade'

Not going to lie - I don't like the look of the new visuals (growing up on 8 and 16 bit games has really stuck with me), but if the game is basically a new coat of paint on top of the same game, then I may have to get this! Yay ยข0.99!

9. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Dropped again!

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I never really noticed this game despite having spent hours playing Megaman games as a kid. Is this worth the nostalgia buy? Even if I generally dislike platformers on iOS?

11. It's ok, has some framerate and control issues, but for 99 cents is probably worth it I suppose.

12. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I just picked it up and the controls are incredibly unresponsive..