iPad Mega Mall Story - (by Kairosoft) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fluffybunny88, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Ginger Yellow

Ginger Yellow Member

Sep 29, 2009
    There's also a "Tricky". It's definitely easier than "Very Hard" but I'm not sure if it's harder or easier than "Hard" as I've only seen it three times.

I'm almost certain it's impossible to fail "Easy". I never did in 15 years. Normal is probably 90%-95% passes. Like I say, I reckon "Hard "is 75%, maybe 80%. Very Hard, probably at most 10%.

2. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    does anyone know how to increase usage of restrooms, vending, phones, etc.

3. Ginger Yellow

Ginger Yellow Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Beyond using them in combos and adding services, not really. Sometimes the customers will say they like using a particular one, so you could try prioritising those.

4. nestea5

nestea5 Member

Dec 30, 2008
    I have essentially invested in all I can, there is no more investments available. Im at Year 12 and Price mart just moved into the neighbourhood and somehow has most of the shares in reseidents and outdoor.

How do i beat them??

5. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    mine just eventually moved out. i maxed out investments. have all floors.

6. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    gosh!! I am at year 42, yet that damn shoe store is not yet unlocked .. still left with two combos requiring shoe store .. and now those Big Mall are stealing 80% of my regular while I have complete all investments .. how do I drive them out? no more investments and I have practically upgraded all my store (except for the facilities which is very difficult to level up) ..

anyway, I found that the combos added sort of moving puzzle mechanic :) which totally lovable .. not to mentioned the store compatibility vs level .. that's why I didn't start a new game past 16 years .. wanted to perfect the layout of my mall before starting new game .. thought I share this with you for those who think that this game lack replayabilities ..

7. nestea5

nestea5 Member

Dec 30, 2008
    I still think it lacks replayability. Once you get the perfect layout and everything unlocked, arn't you basically just rebuilding the exact same mall only this time you know exactly where to place everything?

There should of been more scenarios where you start off with different stores and have

With that said, the first play through took hours away from my life and enjoyed every second of it.

Keep up the good work Kairosoft

8. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yeah, I can't see it good for more than three or four run throughs. At that point you should have everything unlocked and perfected your strategy for whatever stupid high score you thought was good. With Game Center integration and achievements there might be a little more life in the title, but just playing against yourself there's only so much to do here.

That said, I loved it and would much rather have a title that I play for a week or two, feel I've actually finished it and loved every bit of it than the countless titles that I just put aside and eventually delete without ever finishing because they devolve into an endless grind of uninspired iterative game play.

9. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    if i choose not to do combos, am i really missing out? i had a bunch done but i feel it's almost OCD to do them all.

10. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It does and I'm not sure with the exception of a couple of the easily repeatable facility ones that boost a whole floor that it's all that effective - most only boost the rep and price for the stores involved in the combo, both of which are relatively inconsequential. On my next (third and probably last) play through, I'm going to try something completely different than bothering with the combos and see how the score turns out. I'm nearing the end of my second mall and I think I've got a good enough grasp on the mechanics and shopper behaviors that I *think* I can do better without them for the most part.

11. whatevax

whatevax Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    #151 whatevax, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Hi! Same here, but me including Museum, as Sally Prin never visits me despite having Kairobot. And that Cameraman who suppose to be unlocking Shoe Store, seems to be buggy, as in my customer list, he is seen visiting the mall, but i can't find him anywhere and there is no "Follow" button (it is "Close" instead). Anybody else experiences this ?

Update : Oh well, at last I got the Museum. But the Shoe Store certainly have some bug here... ~_~

12. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    #152 Bdragonst, Aug 12, 2011
    I just finished my very first mall (16 years) = Now I can speed up the gameplay jeez...lol
    my high score was 507,119...

This is one of very few games on iphone that I actually play for like 5-6 hours straight without getting bored lol..

and I had no problem getting shoe store..

[​IMG]

13. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I just got the Shoe Store in year 14. Try upgrading your Florist until Sneezy Hays likes it enough and he'll gift it to you. Good luck!

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
  15. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I'm wondering if it's as straight forward as that. It looks to me like you don't necessarily have access to all the shoppers in a given game, and certainly not in the same order on each play through. I'm just about done with the 15 years on my second game and definitely don't have access to some of the shoppers, so I'll probably plow on ahead for a little bit just to see if I can recruit the last ones that aren't regulars and see if I gain access to these missing shoppers or not.

16. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    hmm.. don't have Sneezy Hays in my customer list .. and I've already completed all investments .. how did you unlock her?

now when you mentioned it, apparently he just need store quality at 20 but even though my florist quality is at 79, this cameraman seems can't appreciate it after 40 years!! Another problem is that the rival mall keep stealing him from my mall .. sigh .. I want that damn Shoe Store ..

have the follow button though ..

17. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    i too have no problem getting the shoe store. i'm on my fifth game too:I

i'm sorry mate. it's always one of the first stores i get.

18. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Why would you stop when it's 99c :confused:

19. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    #160 pixelchild, Aug 12, 2011
    i would really like to discuss elevators. what are your thoughts on them?

i used to build them very close to the right wall after the bus stop and the people that got off would use them like crazy. now i abandoned it on the first floor and built the elevator on all the other floors but to the farthest right possible (against the wall) to maximize space. but now no a single person uses it.

what's the optimal placement for these?

i have two escalator rows in the same position where the default stairs were.