iPad Mega Mall Story - (by Kairosoft) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fluffybunny88, Aug 9, 2011.

1. finefin

finefin Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    programmer, designer
    Berlin
    damn, I'm not even through Pocket Academy yet and now this! :D

2. nestea5

nestea5 Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Anyone know how to beat price land?

Keeps stealing all my customers.

I guess second play through should be easier?

3. jasonc84

jasonc84 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Anybody else having a problem where the CD store shows up as a blank white box?

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Yeah, had it happen on my 2nd gen device, but not my 4th.

5. teme

teme Member

May 10, 2011
    My mall was so full after 14 years, that there weren't space for more stores.

Also, I'm playing 16th year now, but I haven't received any message about completing the 15 year time. Are you people just starting another mall from the start screen?

6. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Wait until Year 16, Month 3 :)

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Yes, happens on my iPhone 3G, too.
    Shop has customers and levels up though

8. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    This means that the non-retina image is screwd up for some reason.

9. teme

teme Member

May 10, 2011
    It works correctly on my 3GS, which doesn't have retina display.

10. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    To drive a rival mall out of town, you need to invest in the surrounding community. Reduce all there investments to 0% by pouring your own money into investments. Once everything is at 0, they will go bankrupt.

11. vippy

vippy New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    how does one go about getting more hearts? seems like forever to get hearts unless its fever time.
    at level 8 but only have a couple stores unlocked.

i have about 3 facilities per floor however no one seems to be using them. i checked the sales history and they always have 0 sales. am i doing anything wrong?

hired the staff that focus on getting hearts but doesnt seem to make much a different. or i expect too much?

12. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    The short answer is that you need to get more regulars in your store. The long answer is that you need to look at your customers and see what store they like-- the game tells you what quality the store needs to be before they will become a regular. So get the quality up, and you'll get rewards that way. A fast way to do it is to change your staff to the ones that give quality to certain types of stores, or you could just level up/create combo or bonus effects.

13. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Waiting for the classic one pound sales from kairosoft to get this sweet game !!!

14. Ginger Yellow

Ginger Yellow Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Elevators and stuff

So what do people think about elevators? Certainly I think two is too many, given space constraints toward the end. On balance, I think they might even be a net negative, as they allow customers to bypass most of the shops on the way to their destination. Sure, they speed things up, so in theory allow customers to spend more in a day/month, but in practice isn't it more useful to have a steady flow of customers past your lower level shops? I think on my next playthrough I'm doing an escalator only route, and maybe making it as long a route as possible.

Also, any thoughts on how to efficiently use basement space? In the mid game, I had a terrible time getting customers into any shops there, even when my subway customers walked past them. But then suddenly when I got shops like PC and appliance, they just lapped it up.

15. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    You need elvators for people with shopping carts and strollers LOL I'm j/king I dont really know that for sure. They help get everyone to the floor faster is all i really know and for the sub levels try making a combo to increase the attraction to shoppers.

16. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    this is a good question. i was wondering the same thing. also have issues with certain shops near the ends that get almost no play whatsoever.

17. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    someone commented earlier about how difficult it was to buy the third - fifth "upgrades" in each shop.

once your store levels up higher and higher, it's easier. like a level 5 supermarket can easily succeed in the third upgrade. etc.

18. Ginger Yellow

Ginger Yellow Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Yeah, although it can remain tough. I've got level 7 stores which have "very hard" for some upgrades. Also, I reckon it's worth going for upgrades when it's "hard", unless you're really strapped for hearts. The success rate seems to be about 75% at that level.

19. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    For upgrades, I just upgraded my planetarium, so I could remain #1. Hearts are more imp then money now. OFC I also get the very easy ones.

BTW the animals are hilarious. Nothing funnier then a pig pushing a cart.

20. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    One thing to note, "Very Hard" is the highest difficulty shown, but there could be different difficulties that are very hard. Let me put some values.

Let's put some percentage of success with the words:

90% chance = Easy
    75% chance = Normal
    50% chance = Hard
    35% chance = Very Hard
    25% chance = Very Hard
    10% chance = Very Hard
    1% chance = Very Hard

I just made these numbers up, but this shows what I'm trying to say. Very Hard for upgrade #4 and Very Hard for upgrade #5 are most likely different numbers.

Btw, I posted this (link below) spreadsheet over in the combo thread, but here it is for anyone who might find it useful.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1867506&postcount=15