iPad Mega Mall Story - (by Kairosoft) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fluffybunny88, Aug 9, 2011.

1. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    wow seriously guys, this game is really surprising me more. so many options to build up a park near the mall, commercial area, residential area that all affect the mall. in addition you can build train stations and bus stations underground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

My next addiction for the next 10 years lol.

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    This. :p

4. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think you mistake everyone here evilgrug. No one is bitching, but clearly the system isn't as transparent as you would have us believe, and pricing does appear to be set arbitrarily, notwithstanding Apple's recent claim that they're bringing it into line with the proper exchange rates. When that happens, questions and doubts are obviously raised.

One obvious hole in your explanation is this: Australia's GST is a flat 10% across all territories. ie. the entire Aus App Store has the SAME tax rate.

So, if it's a tax issue, why not charge us a flat 10% over and above? We're certainly not "winning" if we're being hit with a 50c increase on a $3 item, just for the heck of it. And your explanation as to why higher price points aren't taxed is just plain backwards. Higher priced apps incur greater tax, so aren't Apple and developers losing out even more?

It doesn't stack up, and it's not uniform. And for someone that blows thousands of dollars on apps over the course of the year, it can actually amount to a fair bit!

Now, I'm no saying this will affect my purchase, but Australia has been pulling it's weight substantially since the AppStore went live. We were paying gross amounts more than the US simply because not enough uproar was made about exchange rates. We're ABOVE parity, and have been for a good year now, so there's no excuses here, and it's in our interests to get a little bit more clarity over the more obvious anomolies.

5. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I never feel ripped off when a Kairosoft game goes on sale. You know why? Is because its a quality game that is better than most others on the platform or genre and im glad to see people buying something that has always made my days better.:D

6. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    guys, any strategies would be appreciated.

are you buying more than one of each kind of store and putting them in your mall?

7. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    also how many elevator bays are you using? one or two sets?

8. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Lol I rather use escalators :D They don't take up valuable shop mall space (unlike elevators) and the speed is ok.

9. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not entirely sure why, but this one is hitting on all cylinders for me, my favorite Kairosoft title yet and the first I jumped on without waiting for a sale.

Anyone who's either played the Japanese or made it all the way through a game: do the combo unlocks persist, or are you starting from scratch in a second game? I've been avoiding the "spoiler" combo thread in General, but want to know if I should at least jot down the one's I've personally unlocked/discovered before I reach the end of the game.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    When you beat the game, all of the stores you've unlocked (with the exception of Rest Area, for some odd reason) stay over into the next. Your combos stay, too. :)

11. SDelVecchioC

SDelVecchioC Member

Dec 22, 2010
    No lite no try no buy

12. Matty86

Matty86 Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Really enjoying this game so far. And for those that were asking (didn't notice it answered..) it says that you can play past the 15 years or whatever that you have to try and make your mall a 5 star...

Enjoying this much more then Dev Story, and that was probably my most played game up til now! :D

13. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Here's my mall so far :)
    [​IMG]

14. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    WOW that mall is ginormous. The game is fantastic. Fever mode on holidays sales FTW.

15. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Thank you, that is exactly the info I needed. I'll be finishing up the 15 year cycle before I go to bed and I'm sure I'll jump right into another one.

16. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #76 iANiMeX, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    I've completed everything on my 14th years. There's nothing to do anymore..

I hope there will be an option where you can share the screenshot of your whole building in the game.

UPDATE: Game completed. Unlocked the Fast Mode.

17. Ryhian

Ryhian Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    So what's the key to getting a lot of hearts to unlock new plans aside from fever mode?

18. morepewpew

morepewpew Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Judging from their past games they deserve $4 from me ;)

But I didn't like all of their games, and that's a fact

19. Matty86

Matty86 Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm in Year 2 Month 8 and I've only had 1 fever... I must be doing something wrong. Taking forever to get hearts. :(

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    :eek: