iPad Mega Mall Story - (by Kairosoft) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fluffybunny88, Aug 9, 2011.

1. macbony

macbony New Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I've compiled most of the useful information about the game - investments with their cost and what they provide; customers with their unlock and regular requirements and the regular bonus given; buildings and their various stats, and a list of the combos and their bonuses. It's all in Google docs, so if you notice any errors, send me a message and I'll fix it. Same if you have any questions about the notation that you can't figure out on your own.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AqM06vkjnppBdEUtX3ZfNVhOUG91Sm5RYWRzUjI1MEE&output=html

2. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Strange, I usually figure out kairosoft games easily. Yet I'm not really 'getting it' for this so called easy game.

year 7 and only 3 stars and sales are dropping to barely profitable due to rival mall. lol any tips?

3. Invest in local areas and increase shop quality when they level up.

4. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    ohh been doing more quantity that quality. Should try that then.

5. maycut

maycut New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    invest as much in the local areas as you can afford, upgrade quality, do the first two service upgrades for each shop, and build as many combos as you can, trying to place stores in the middle of two combos to get even more benefits: chinese buffet can have both the crowd and snack bonuses. Also place your stores with higher reputation higher in your mall, so that customers have to walk up to reach it and can stop and shop at other stores along the way

6. ramendee

ramendee Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Game Developer
    Thank you macbony for the info! This game as well as other Kairosoft games is so addictive! I don't know why but I can't seem to stop playing once I started >.<

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I played this constantly from the moment I started it until the moment I finished it. I will admit that I found the game to be very easy, I actually had a 5 Star Mall in half the allowed time (earned it during year 7). Luckly IMO the game wasn't about earning the 5 Stars but about the entire ride from day 1 to the end of year 15. I still had lots of fun unlocking new stores and upgrading existing stores as well as earning new regular customers and just seeing how much I could earn.

I'm definitely going to be playing this one again but I think I'm going to go back to Game Dev Story and give it another shot. I bought GDS when it first came out but forgot about it entirely.

8. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    There's a glitch where the customer "Young CEO" never appears in your mall though he is always in your "currently in mall" list. When you tap on a customer's info, there will be an option to "follow" him/her. For the Young CEO the only option is to "close the window". I think he started visiting since like year 5 or something, I'm on year 20 right now and he hasn't visited for the last 15 years, and of course is not a regular either... o_O

9. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
  10. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hey guys I just made this info graphic for this game. Check it out, it should help you with combos and chain combos and floor synergies. I hope... please let me know if you have any tip for improvement.

mega-mall-story-ultimate-guide

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I seriously need to print this out for easy reference :D

One complaint though: there's too much free/wasted space for my tastes. I'd love to see an alternate version of your pictorial combo guide that is more compact than the current one. No comments from that thing (though they are helpful) and less 'empty floor space'.

12. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I appreciate your input. My original idea was to have it all fit on one page. But in practice it just wasn't even close to possible. Even compacted it ended up being pretty large so I just let it all hang out. I guess I could make the mall twice as wide, and fit 2 combos per floor. I wouldn't hold my breath on it though I have too many other infographics I want to work on.

Might!

Thanks for checking it out.

13. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Thanks....

I will use your guide when I get the game (When it goes on sale) Im a bit cash strapped :p

14. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    So this game dropped down to 99 cents for a day and I grabbed it and man, I've been playing it compulsively since this morning. Its not super challenging or anything, but its just incredibly addictive to build your mall from the ground up and watch it come to life. Very similar in that regard to the original simcity games. I'm in yr 12 and just on the verge of going 5 star...

15. negitoro

negitoro Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I got the Bear to be a regular with just 2 or 3 fountains in the mall.

I think it's just luck - Facilities have a lower chance for someone to use them and you just need the Bear to walk by and use it and have the quality high enough. Having lots of fountains just stacks the odds in your favor.

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  17. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I need to rank up to star 3 but I need to build a service C. What is it and how'd you build one? :/

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
  19. ringswraith

ringswraith Active Member

Sep 19, 2011
    So, does anyone have the "ultimate mall setup" or something? Just wondering.

20. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I don't think there really is an ultimate set up, just toss stores into combos then jack their reputation up. Every single store in my mall has max rep.