Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    wow, never heard of it till FGotD.com put it as their OF game of the day. tons of fun. supercool and in my opinion better than doodlejump!
    Congrats for such cool a game! thanks!

2. mattcoombe

mattcoombe Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Mega Jump is only free as part if OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day so grab it while you can!

It will be going back to regular price!

Keep Jumping :)

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it went free? oh.

4. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    This game is TERRIBLE !!!! A kind of Doodle Jump with great drawings and a cool gameplay ! Try it !

5. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Lol, that's pretty contradicting.. You're saying it's "TERRIBLE", but go on to say nice things about the game and advise us to get it. Well, I did, and it's a very fun game. Did you mean to say "TERRIFIC"?

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha!

7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010

Shit ! Forgive my poor english.I'm french and in my country, when you say TERRIBLE, it sounds a bite like TERRIFIC in your tongue. It's great to make readers smile but my intention was pure !!! ;) Cool that TA forums can provide me a lot of fun, free games, good feelings and English Teaching ! :)

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

ah oui! i think he meant to say 'ce jeux est terrible!'

it's like us saying 'this game is sick!'

9. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    That's exactly that what I wanted to mean !!!! :) Be sure I would remember it the next time I'll think about the word "Terrible" !

Not sure to have success with a beautiful english speaking girl with this word lol ! Thanks for the advice dudes ! :)

Oups : dudes for me is used as "friends", I hope I didn't offende you ! :)

10. Stormhide27

Stormhide27 Active Member

May 12, 2010
    This game sucks since update you people suck. Charging us I already payed for it!!!!!!

11. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    #171 aznriceboi13, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    i think the game is pretty fun

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I concur, this game is terribly sick! ;)

13. JoeAverage

JoeAverage Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Lost my enthusiam for this one. It seems like every other climber on the market, but I freely admit that I may just not be good enough or a connisour to the point that I can see the difference.

I'm also annoyed at buying it the day before it went free and then being surprised with IAPs the next day with the update. From the talk on this thread and comparisons, it sounded like they wanted to compete with doodle and were going to update often with free updates. Clearly that was a misunderstanding on my part.

Either way, this is deffinately one of the better jumpers out there, but bird strike and doodle are looking better now that the IAP business model has reared it's ugly head.

- Joe

14. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Redford! I love it! *thumbs-up*

Actually, I love all the names -- well done, guys!

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

in app purchase? NO. this is just free for a day.

16. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    #176 derekvanvliet, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    Hey Joe, not to worry, we still plan to add lots of new features quite often and completely Free. Wait until you see the next update!

17. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Say what? :confused:

What's convinced you that updates won't happen often, and that they won't be free? I just updated and it didn't cost me a dime.

18. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I bought all four dlc characters! Great game!

19. JoeAverage

JoeAverage Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I never said updates won't happen often. In fact, I am sure the opposite is true. The game has not been out that long and we've already seen this newest update. Not to mention as was stated above, we can look forward to a significant free update soon.

I was referring to buying the complete game with no talk on the forums of buying new characters, etc. And then a day later being offered premium characters as IAPs to a now free game.

This isn't a bad business model, and I support games that use it, like Habor Master (in line waiting for apple to approve their next one so I can buy it).

My issue was switching the business model right after I got it with no mention of such intent on the thread. The thread indicated lots of new updates were coming and along with the new art for the character to be added on the thread, and that is what convinced me to buy.

But as I said before, it plays and looks great. I like the work they've done and look forward to seeing more. I have no complaints about the game or gameplay itself, both are great.

20. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Waitaminute... Just updated and finally understan what you guys are talking about. :(