Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i literally squealed 'oh my god' repeatedly in a high pitched voice when i saw the cute fox. i guess you could say im excited :)

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Haha! That fox is awesome. Really never expected you to go with a character like that. Great surprise.

3. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Awesome! ^_^

4. Orli155

Orli155 Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Woo Hoo made it to #5 on the leaderboard (died because of silly mistake ha ha). Love the game, keeps me more entertained than Doodle Jump. Love the new character too :)

5. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    OMG that is really awesome glad I picked up this game

6. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Aww that little fox is so cute. Can't wait for the next update.

7. JoeAverage

JoeAverage Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Wait for iPad version?

So here is my dilemma... I do not own this one or doodle jump and I would like both. However, my main unit for playing anything anymore is the iPad.

Nobody ever wants to talk timeframes on an iPad version and I'm betting that universal is unlikely.

I'm leaning towards "screw it, it's just a buck..." but uncertainty is annoying.... Also on the list of "should I wait for an iPad version" is Fruit Ninja.

Also compounding the indecisiveness is the fact that I would rather buy an iPhone version if it is going to get priorty updates and content... This is why I bought Angry Birds iPhone and not HD.

What are some of you with iPads doing on mega jump? Did you just say... It's only a buck... Or are you waiting?

Thanks,

Joe

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #128 5duc29, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    This looks like Angry Birds. Any reasons why I should get this and play this instead of Angry Birds? :)

The character looks cute and entertaining.

EDIT: Scratch Angry Birds, I meant Doodle Jump :p

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Dude, it's absolutely nothing like AB, they are two totally different games.

10. laladanger

Feb 19, 2010
    Yeah I was thinking "Wha...?"

Personally I find it a lot more fun and appealing than Doodle Jump. There's also many more power-ups.

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    HAHA, I'd say get them both then mate. They are both a good laugh in different ways.

12. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    If I got tired of Doodle Jump quickly (although it was initially fun), while I get bored of this game too?

13. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Yeah. Doodle Jump got very boring, and the updates didn't add any new mechanics except the Mario-style jump. The rockets and the spring shoes were pretty much the same.

I'm still interested in this game. It looks almost like Angry Birds but it has more of a Doodle Jump style.

14. Orli155

Orli155 Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Where are people getting Angry Birds from. I think you mean Bird Strike. This game reminds me of it but surprisingly, I didn't like Bird Strike that much.

15. laladanger

Feb 19, 2010
    He already said that he meant Doodle Jump. I can kind of see how someone can get Angry Birds from it though with the Mega Jump update and all the new characters.

16. Orli155

Orli155 Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Oh, didn't notice it was the same person, sorry. I went to 6th now. My 15 minutes of top 5 are over. :p

17. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    22nd for the time being. :D

18. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Whoops! :eek::eek: I meant Bird Strike :eek:

19. kuuushi

kuuushi Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Hmm...

While this game is awesome I can't help but wonder why the hell I am so incompetant at it.

Probably because it's a tilt game... Not sure if any of you feel the same but it's as though I have no control over which path he falls into? I would so love it if it had a Dpad.

20. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

You know, I am kind of in the same boat. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I just don't have enough time to react with the slight delay in tilt control, and most of the time when I do well or get power ups I feel like I just got lucky :/ and then I die shortly after haha.

As for my official impressions: nice graphics, a lot of charm and personality, but ultimately I can't help but feel its "just another jumping game." If you love jumping games, you'll definitely like this one -- its probably the best jumping game I've played, which isn't saying much because I don't play many jumping games -- the character and presentation enticed me to check this one out ;) If you got bored of Doodle Jump quickly, well... this one probably wont be any different. I also wish the beginning was a bit more forgiving... not necessarily EASIER, but maybe allowing you to fall back a little bit before dying at least in the beginning.